Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FineScale Modeler magazine

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
FineScale Modeler magazine
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:53 pm
  • I subscribed to emails from them a few months ago, and they are like the Reader's Digest - they won't let go! No problem, I can always unsubscribe easily (I've checked).

The price they offer is now very good, and they throw in a pile of "how to" additional editions, too. I'm simply getting back into making 1:72 scale aircraft, so it is nothing big. I've got planes to fix from when I was a kid, a MiG-29 I started making about thirty years ago, plus repairing planes my dad made (models of planes he flew in the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy). The cleaners at the nursing home he lived in for his last few years were uncaringly clumsy, but I've kept as many broken-off bits as possible.

"Repairs" will simply mean buying a new kit, where possible, but I haven't done any modelling since circa 1990.

Does anyone know anything about this magazine? Especially in electronic format, which is fine, it isn't expensive, but the similar magazines I have seen in local newsagents (which are terribly expensive!) are full of ads.

I just want a bit of guidance to refresh my rusty skills, without TOO much uber-obsession, which is of course always "available" in modeling. I've spent a bit at local hobby shops and have all the basic tools, etc. Maybe one day I'd like to try airbrushing, if it is even really worth it on 1:72 scale. I don't really want larger scales (I know 1:48 is popular).
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: FineScale Modeler magazine
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:01 am
  • Hmmm, maybe talk to Aros. He flies RC models. There should be some similarities in the craft, I would imagine. Maybe drop him a PM.

Good luck! Sounds like fun. :irishdrinkers:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: FineScale Modeler magazine
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:04 pm
  • Thanks, Sutz. Will indeed PM Todd/Aros. He has some beautiful RC planes, and I love watching his Youtube videos.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information