Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody not watching the Super Bowl?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Anybody not watching the Super Bowl?
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:42 pm
  • If not, what are you doing?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Re: Anybody not watching the Super Bowl?
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:12 pm
  • I considered it, but nah; I'll be rooting for the Chiefs.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:11 pm
  • I'm going cross town later this morning to watch the game with my closest friend, who is a 49er fan. I'll be quietly barracking for the Chiefs. The game starts about 10AM Monday here, but we'll delay it, so we can zap the ads.

We'll be ignoring the halftime snooze and hoeing into his daughter's best-on-the-planet sausage rolls.

Hope y'all have a great day! :D
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:12 pm
  • Its snowing and miserable out so I guess I will tune in until it turns into a blowout.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:33 pm
  • I've seen every single one of them ever played (on occasions thanks to VCRs) so I'm not about to miss one now.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:56 pm
  • I’ll have it on but with two kids under 5 and the Seahawks not playing I can’t guarantee a lot of focusing unless the game stays close into the 2nd half
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:15 pm
  • Saw a little bit of it at a restaurant. Did a couple of score checks. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED IN THE FOURTH QUARTER????
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:36 pm
  • Did anyone see who won this years puppy bowl?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:37 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Saw a little bit of it at a restaurant. Did a couple of score checks. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED IN THE FOURTH QUARTER????

Mahomes did what Mahomes do. 3 Kansas City TDs in the last 9 minutes after a pick that was entirely Tyreek Hill's fault.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:02 pm
  • Jimmy GQ had an epic meltdown. We'll probably hear about him having an epic gang bang with six prawn stars and a key of coke tonight in the news tomorrow.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:06 pm
  • The leads blown by Shanahan in the Super Bowls is delicious!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:24 am
  • I get non sports fans not really caring, even though I find that weird too considering the SB is really one of our biggest national holidays, so even if you don't like sports it's fun to get together with friends, eat, drink and enjoy the halftime show and commercials.

But for people on here who are obviously sports fans, that's why we're here to not watch the SB? That's REALLY weird.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:35 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I get non sports fans not really caring, even though I find that weird too considering the SB is really one of our biggest national holidays, so even if you don't like sports it's fun to get together with friends, eat, drink and enjoy the halftime show and commercials.

But for people on here who are obviously sports fans, that's why we're here to not watch the SB? That's REALLY weird.

Marry a non-football fan. It happens pretty easily. Most of my sports consumption is simply following it online. Watching highlights online. Oh, and don't have a TV in a room you are normally in, that also helps. I'd probably have a TV on with sports on it more often if I was actually in the room where I have a TV.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:41 am
  • HawkGA wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I get non sports fans not really caring, even though I find that weird too considering the SB is really one of our biggest national holidays, so even if you don't like sports it's fun to get together with friends, eat, drink and enjoy the halftime show and commercials.

Marry a non-football fan. It happens pretty easily. Most of my sports consumption is simply following it online. Watching highlights online. Oh, and don't have a TV in a room you are normally in, that also helps. I'd probably have a TV on with sports on it more often if I was actually in the room where I have a TV.

We go to a party every year with half the room (wives) not giving a rat's ass about sports or football.......and they still all have fun. We do gambling games, LOL at the commercials, talk crap about the terrible halftime performers, eat, drink and be merry.

So again, weird that you and your wife don't engage in what's really a national holiday in the US, unless it's a concerted effort on your wife's part to NOT partake in the SB because it empowers her.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:03 pm
  • We'll probably crank up youtube tonight and watch all the commercials. More efficient that way. :)

We also don't drink. We did go to a party the year the Broncos beat the Panthers, though because of the snow we ended up leaving before the game was over.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:38 pm
  • If it were a Pats Boys sb...no way I'd turn on the tv.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:53 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:If it were a Pats Boys sb...no way I'd turn on the tv.

That's how I felt when the cowpukes played the stealers the 3 or 4 times that has happened. I watched cuz it was the Super Bowl but I felt dirty doing so and sure had no rooting interest.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:10 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:The leads blown by Shanahan in the Super Bowls is delicious!

I'm not sure how much of this lead being blown is on Shanahan. Look at Baldy's breakdown of all the huge missed opportunities by Jimmy GQ in the second half of the 4th quarter:

RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:50 pm
  • I did and have been since Super Bowl XXI with Madden and Summerall. Why everybody does not like Joe Buck or says he is riding on his father's coattails is beyond me. Does not bother me a bit.
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information