Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Space

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Space
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:48 pm
  • It's just so big! We see TV shows and movies that show us traveling through space but the truth is we may never be able to travel at speeds necessary to travel through space. The human physiology simple cannot tolerate such speeds.

    It takes 81,000 years, or 27,000 generations, to get to the nearest star at present maximum velocity of 36K MPH.

    Then you have the fact that the universe is expanding at a rate faster that we can travel.

    WTF, don't know much about this stuff. Any astrophysicists out there?

    https://www.universetoday.com/15403/how ... rest-star/
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2757
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Space
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:33 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:It's just so big! We see TV shows and movies that show us traveling through space but the truth is we may never be able to travel at speeds necessary to travel through space. The human physiology simple cannot tolerate such speeds.

    It takes 81,000 years, or 27,000 generations, to get to the nearest star at present maximum velocity of 36K MPH.

    Then you have the fact that the universe is expanding at a rate faster that we can travel.

    WTF, don't know much about this stuff. Any astrophysicists out there?

    https://www.universetoday.com/15403/how ... rest-star/


    At some point we will figure out how to fold space predictably, the theory's are there but we have yet to figure it out.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 29932
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Space
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:07 pm
  • Wormholes. The folding of time and space. One day we will be able to do things that right now are considered completely science fiction and none of it will involve propelling an object at "x" speeds using some currently traditional propulsion methodology.

    How do you think the aliens do it? :greetingsearthling: :smilingalien:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13986
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Space
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:12 pm
  • Aros wrote:Wormholes. The folding of time and space. One day we will be able to do things that right now are considered completely science fiction and none of it will involve propelling an object at "x" speeds using some currently traditional propulsion methodology.

    How do you think the aliens do it? :greetingsearthling: :smilingalien:

    Well when the hell they gonna teach us how to do it so I can be on the first transport the hell out of here to somewhere the inhabitants respect life and the planet that propagated it?
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24127
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Space
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:08 pm
  • I'm holding out for the invention of Ludicrous Speed.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 107111
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm


Re: Space
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:08 am

Re: Space
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:20 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Well when the hell they gonna teach us how to do it so I can be on the first transport the hell out of here to somewhere the inhabitants respect life and the planet that propagated it?


    This is 100% true. Our stewardship of this planet, as the dominant species, is appalling. We have the nerve to call the rat and the cockroach vermin. We are the vermin, but we'll survive, because we can write about it.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1047
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: Space
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:27 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Well when the hell they gonna teach us how to do it so I can be on the first transport the hell out of here to somewhere the inhabitants respect life and the planet that propagated it?


    This is 100% true. Our stewardship of this planet, as the dominant species, is appalling. We have the nerve to call the rat and the cockroach vermin. We are the vermin, but we'll survive, because we can write about it.


    Human hating humans are so much fun.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 107111
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm


Re: Space
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:53 pm
  • Aros wrote:Wormholes. The folding of time and space. One day we will be able to do things that right now are considered completely science fiction and none of it will involve propelling an object at "x" speeds using some currently traditional propulsion methodology.

    How do you think the aliens do it? :greetingsearthling: :smilingalien:


    What aliens? There have been numerous intl. reports of alien spacecraft almost every day but not ONE single legible photo. I heard a former UFO investigator say the other day he no longer believes in these reports because for the last 10-15 years almost every person on the planet has a smart phone but ZERO real images.

    There are no aliens visiting Earth, I am convinced of it.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2757
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Space
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:43 pm
  • When will man land on the moon?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 8758
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Space
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:10 pm
  • Image
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3371
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: Space
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:50 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:Then you have the fact that the universe is expanding at a rate faster that we can travel.

    WTF, don't know much about this stuff. Any astrophysicists out there?


    Maybe this explains how bad Adelaide's public transport is? Please don't tell the State government, as this will simply be an easy excuse for them!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1047
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: Space
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:48 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:There are no aliens visiting Earth, I am convinced of it.


    And I will bet my late beloved sister's Soul that you are wrong. How's that for conviction?
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13986
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Space
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:06 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:There are no aliens visiting Earth, I am convinced of it.


    And I will bet my late beloved sister's Soul that you are wrong. How's that for conviction?


    Show me a real pic, just one!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2757
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Space
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:18 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:There are no aliens visiting Earth, I am convinced of it.


    And I will bet my late beloved sister's Soul that you are wrong. How's that for conviction?


    There are literally hundreds of thousands of reports of aliens visiting Earth but not one tiny speck of evidence.

    Like Fermi said, "where are they?"

    https://www.seti.org/seti-institute/pro ... mi-paradox
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2757
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Space
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:23 am
  • HawkGA wrote:
    Aussie Seahawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Well when the hell they gonna teach us how to do it so I can be on the first transport the hell out of here to somewhere the inhabitants respect life and the planet that propagated it?


    This is 100% true. Our stewardship of this planet, as the dominant species, is appalling. We have the nerve to call the rat and the cockroach vermin. We are the vermin, but we'll survive, because we can write about it.


    Human hating humans are so much fun.


    NOT fun, but we're so bloody centric! We've crapped in our own nest, and species we consider "vermin" have exploited us and thrived off our waste, while species we consider "valuable" are becoming extinct, due to our voracious appetite for greed, and our peerless levels of stupidity.

    Here's another one, the Australian "Bin Chicken."

    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1047
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: Space
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:12 pm
  • It's almost like we are quarantined on this planet and space is incredibly vast to keep us from going out and f*** up other civilizations. Seriously though, space is incredibly inhospitable to human survival. We will make great strides by the year 2100, but may still not be a multi-planetary species.

    I think the bulk of reality is beyond our the reach of our senses, and one discovery could revolutionize our civilization. Even nuclear fusion would change the way we do things, let alone something as abstract as zero-point energy. It is almost unfathomable where our technology will be in the year 2200. It seems like the popular opinion is that our species is on the brink of destroying itself. But what if we don't? What if there is no Armageddon and we just keep pushing forward and advancing? It would be wondrous to get a glimpse of the year 2100.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2082
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm


Re: Space
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:10 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:There are literally hundreds of thousands of reports of aliens visiting Earth but not one tiny speck of evidence. Like Fermi said, "where are they?"


    Well define what "one tiny speck of evidence" means to you? I could offer up thousands of radar trace cases, military, high government intelligent officials testimony. Folks that were in high positions in the military or government literally saying on their death beds that it was all true...Roswell was an extraterrestrial space craft that crashed and a few ET bodies were recovered. Witnesses were silenced. The cover up was easy to do back then.

    I could go on and on and on and on and on and on but what's the point? People like you have made up your mind. Proof to you requires being hit over your head with the proverbial ET hammer. And even then you will call it a migraine.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13986
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Space
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:15 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:There are literally hundreds of thousands of reports of aliens visiting Earth but not one tiny speck of evidence. Like Fermi said, "where are they?"


    Well define what "one tiny speck of evidence" means to you? I could offer up thousands of radar trace cases, military, high government intelligent officials testimony. Folks that were in high positions in the military or government literally saying on their death beds that it was all true...Roswell was an extraterrestrial space craft that crashed and a few ET bodies were recovered. Witnesses were silenced. The cover up was easy to do back then.

    I could go on and on and on and on and on and on but what's the point? People like you have made up your mind. Proof to you requires being hit over your head with the proverbial ET hammer. And even then you will call it a migraine.


    Lol, you're so invested in this Aros, cracks me up. You seem so reasonable everywhere else.

    I haven't made up my mind other than there isn't any evidence.

    3.5 billion smart phones in the world and not one legible photo?

    C'mon.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2757
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna




It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests