Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What games are you playing?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
What games are you playing?
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:00 pm
  • I'm finally getting around to finishing The Outer Worlds. I've been trying to work my way into The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, because I enjoy the world, but the gameplay is struggling to grab me. I beat BotW from start to finish, the first time I've really picked it up in 3 years. I'm also mixing in Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (a surprisingly fun tactics game) for change of pace.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6595
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: What games are you playing?
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:22 pm
  • CoD Warzone. The cross-play aspect is fascinating; even with auto-aim, console noobs can't get an edge over PC players. :lol:

    Warzone is the first interesting thing the CoD franchise has done in at least 10 years, though. Glad to see they FINALLY are breaking out of repetitive insta-gib FPS combat.

    Playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition somewhat, too.

    I've been feelin' the itch to go back and play Mass Effect 2 again, as well. Truly one of the greatest games ever made.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31669
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


Re: What games are you playing?
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:48 am
  • I'm not a gamer. Have an old Space Invaders emulator, and a couple of block-breakers. :)

    BUT I just bought RealFlight 9 RC aeroplane simulator for my computer, and a Spektrum simulator controller. Hope to get started on learning to "fly", before the local model RC aeroplane club re-opens, whenever that is.

    I'm going to join the Club to learn to fly a real RC plane. Wanted to do this since I was a kid, in the 70s, which was out of the question moneywise, back then.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: What games are you playing?
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:14 am
  • For PC, I've been replaying Skyrim, Watch Dogs 1 & 2, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Command & Conquer Red Alert, AoE2 & 3, & GTA 3 & Vice City.
    Playing Metroid on the NES, Super NES & GameBoy. Super Mario Bros, Zelda on NES.
    notyou
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 177
    Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:50 pm


Re: What games are you playing?
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:34 am
  • Make Trax, of course! What else?

    Image


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1461
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


Re: What games are you playing?
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:53 am
  • Image
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31584
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: What games are you playing?
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:18 pm
  • Been playing Control for the last week. A surprisingly fun game by Remedy Entertainment. They carried a lot of the features from Quantum Break over and improved them.

    Updating the Division 2 and will probably buy the expansion.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2191
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm


Re: What games are you playing?
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:56 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Image


    That is why the F-15s are flying over....youbstrd.... :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9497
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: What games are you playing?
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:49 pm
  • Been playing Borderlands 2, but Wastelanders just came out for Fallout 76 and I've heard good things about it so I'm going back to FO76 this weekend.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10578
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: What games are you playing?
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:24 pm
  • Doom Eternal is great. It makes Doom 2016 feel like little league, and that's not a bash on Doom 2016.

    I'm also super addicted to Star Citizen. That one might be a bit controversial...some people think it's a scam, but it's some of the most fun I have ever had in a video game.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:38 pm


Re: What games are you playing?
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:02 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:I'm also super addicted to Star Citizen. That one might be a bit controversial...some people think it's a scam, but it's some of the most fun I have ever had in a video game.

    I'm one of the original backers from like FIVE years ago, lol. Are they ever going to finish it? What's so much fun about it? I haven't tried it.....yet.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31669
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


Re: What games are you playing?
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:35 pm
  • I've been playing this game called being an adult and going to work.
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1431
    Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:45 pm


Re: What games are you playing?
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:57 pm
  • ZorntoLargent wrote:I've been playing this game called being an adult and going to work.


    A lot of people have been stuck at home with no work to go to. Don't be a d*ck.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6595
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: What games are you playing?
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:12 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'm one of the original backers from like FIVE years ago, lol.

    You underestimate yourself! If you're an original backer, it was EIGHT years ago!! I came along much later. I think I have been playing since November or so.
    RolandDeschain wrote:Are they ever going to finish it?

    This is definitely up in the air, but I would say, yes. They have made HUGE strides over the last year and it is really coming together. They also recently resolved some legal stuff that had been plaguing them for a bit. There is still a LOOOONG way to go, though. I think this is the most ambitious gaming project of all time by a wide margin.
    RolandDeschain wrote:What's so much fun about it?

    They've built a really neat world to play around in. Some folks call it "Delivery Simulator 2950" or "Space Trucker 2950" and they are correct to an extent, but it is so much more than that. The fact that I can stand on a planet, look up to a moon in its orbit, climb into my ship and fly to that moon is mind-blowing to me. It just feels great to be in that world flying around.
    RolandDeschain wrote:I haven't tried it.....yet.

    I think you'd enjoy giving it a try. It's got some issues, and you may get unlucky with a run of bad bugs in a short time, but it's been pretty stable lately. I know you're an experienced gamer, but I can't stress enough that there is a steep learning curve with this game and not a lot of it is very intuitive. I recommend jumping in with someone who is experienced in the game and can show you the ropes a bit. It's way better than trying to slog through stuff and learning the slow and hard way. It's also a lot more fun to play with a friend or three.

    If you decide to give it a try and don't have a buddy who has been playing, you are welcome to hit me up. I'd be happy to give you a crash course. That goes for anyone else reading this who might be interested. Just make sure your rig has some horsepower. This game is a HOG.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:38 pm


Re: What games are you playing?
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:02 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:You underestimate yourself! If you're an original backer, it was EIGHT years ago!! I came along much later. I think I have been playing since November or so.

    Dear God, has it been that long?! I just searched my email, my purchased order and account activation emails arrived on 11/06/13. So not a backer the moment it came out, but pretty damn long ago.

    LargentFan wrote:I think you'd enjoy giving it a try. It's got some issues, and you may get unlucky with a run of bad bugs in a short time, but it's been pretty stable lately. I know you're an experienced gamer, but I can't stress enough that there is a steep learning curve with this game and not a lot of it is very intuitive. I recommend jumping in with someone who is experienced in the game and can show you the ropes a bit. It's way better than trying to slog through stuff and learning the slow and hard way. It's also a lot more fun to play with a friend or three.

    If you decide to give it a try and don't have a buddy who has been playing, you are welcome to hit me up. I'd be happy to give you a crash course. That goes for anyone else reading this who might be interested. Just make sure your rig has some horsepower. This game is a HOG.

    I don't have any friends that have purchased it as of yet, though one or two are interested once it's basically finished. I'll PM you my info, let's plan a time to check it out. :)

    Also I've got a pretty beefy computer; 32GB of RAM, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 2080 GPU, and a 9700K CPU. No worries about me being able to run it decently.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31669
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


Re: What games are you playing?
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:24 am
  • NOT a gamer in the traditional sense whatsoever. I am an avid Flight Simmer and outside of some rando games here and there I don't really know too much. Now, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to find a killer PC Star Wars game, especially space battles (X-Wing vs Tie Fighters, et al). I know there's plenty of Star Wars games out there but they all look like 90's - early 00's cheesy to me.

    Any ideas for a new gen, quality graphics PC game where my vantage point is the cockpit battling the Empire?

    What I am looking for is DCS quality, i.e....

    Image
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14070
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: What games are you playing?
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:42 am
  • Aros wrote:NOT a gamer in the traditional sense whatsoever. I am an avid Flight Simmer and outside of some rando games here and there I don't really know too much. Now, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to find a killer PC Star Wars game, especially space battles (X-Wing vs Tie Fighters, et al). I know there's plenty of Star Wars games out there but they all look like 90's - early 00's cheesy to me.

    Any ideas for a new gen, quality graphics PC game where my vantage point is the cockpit battling the Empire?

    What I am looking for is DCS quality, i.e....

    Image


    Lucasarts was shuttered by Disney following their acquisition, after which the latter sold the Star Wars license to the Evil Empire (better known as Electronic Arts). EA is only interested in lootboxes and 'live services', which are $h!t online games they can use to milk fools.

    My favorite Star Wars flight sims were the Rogue Squadron games by Factor 5, but the most recent one is 17 years old, and only released on the Gamecube. The PC port of the original Rogue Squadron is on GOG, though. That game is over 20 years old, however. Still fun, though.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6595
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: What games are you playing?
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:30 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Also I've got a pretty beefy computer; 32GB of RAM, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 2080 GPU, and a 9700K CPU. No worries about me being able to run it decently.

    I figured. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case any other folks were interested. I sent a discord friend invite. Should be coming from VTI.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:38 pm


Re: What games are you playing?
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:18 pm
  • I’m not a gamer but......


    I sometimes have time to kill while at work. ( I’m still working and it’s crazier than ever).


    I do play PUBG mobile because the butthole fire guys got me involved.
    (Peer pressure)


    Haven’t play much recently though.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 20734
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: What games are you playing?
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:15 pm
  • 20200415_165826.jpg
    Big Boggle
    20200415_165826.jpg (411.99 KiB) Viewed 475 times
    Played Boggle with some friends via Zoom, with a phone camera aimed down at the game.

    Used an old rotary egg timer so the friends could hear the ringer at the end of 3 minutes. Worked out really well.
    Palmegranite
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 562
    Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:53 am


Re: What games are you playing?
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:28 pm
  • Playing a lot of Ark with my wife. And 2 games of DnD on Roll20.net. 1 game as a player and 1 as my first time DMing.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2397
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA




It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests