Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for some car audio help.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Looking for some car audio help.
Sat May 16, 2020 8:25 pm
  • I recently upgraded my factory speakers in my truck to some coaxials. The clarity and sound is 10x better, but like I figured I'm not getting a lot of low end. the problem is that I've lost a lot more low end than I thought it would be . I am actively looking for solutions, whether it be a small compact powered sub like the kicker hideaways (I'm trying to keep things cheap and simple for the time being) or if getting an amp to power the coax's to their full potential will work the best. I don't obviously know as I'm the one who got myself into the situation that I'm currently in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    City Of Reign
    NET Starter

Re: Looking for some car audio help.
Sat May 16, 2020 9:13 pm
  • City Of Reign wrote:I recently upgraded my factory speakers in my truck to some coaxials. The clarity and sound is 10x better, but like I figured I'm not getting a lot of low end. the problem is that I've lost a lot more low end than I thought it would be . I am actively looking for solutions, whether it be a small compact powered sub like the kicker hideaways (I'm trying to keep things cheap and simple for the time being) or if getting an amp to power the coax's to their full potential will work the best. I don't obviously know as I'm the one who got myself into the situation that I'm currently in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Resistance of speakers and power output of the device also comes into play, low end sound takes a bit of a push for the thump I think your looking for.

Check your deck, for output and if it has a built in amp, most speakers standard now are an arranged system of 2 or 4 ohm speakers from what I remember, hell technology changes so fast that could be old news also.

You may just need a amp and some sort of equalizer for distribution if your system doesn't have one already.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun May 17, 2020 9:15 am
  • I used to have some really nice car audio systems and I always ran amps, as for coaxials, they are not intended to provide that “thump” you are looking for, sure you will get a little bit but it’s more mid range. I used to run 6.5 and 5.25 mids MB Quart and tweets along with Phoenix Gold Xmax 12’s, that had some serious thump running only 800 watts to the subs in a small cab truck. If I was going to go with a sub it would be the kicker L7 and just a single one of those are so amazingly loud coupled with a JBL mono amp (cost effective but good amps) minimum I would go is 400 watts rms.
    Team Slapaho
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun May 17, 2020 11:06 am
  • thank you guys for the help, has definitely helped point me in the right direction.
    City Of Reign
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information