Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The golden gate bridge can scream now

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
The golden gate bridge can scream now
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:45 am
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• The echoes of Galloping Gertie resonate through the ages. You'd think $h!t like this would show up in the wind tunnel tests. Or did they do that?
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I imagine that the wind tunnel tests, being much smaller scale, produced sound waves of such high frequency that even dogs couldn't hear them.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• GeekHawk wrote:I imagine that the wind tunnel tests, being much smaller scale, produced sound waves of such high frequency that even dogs couldn't hear them.

I was thinking that after I posted. Would make sense, since frequency is largely based on physical size of the item vibrating.

Pretty bad oops moment, though.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• LMAO. You can hear it from miles away, too. They have no choice but to fix this, and the taxpayers get screwed again.

RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:LMAO. You can hear it from miles away, too. They have no choice but to fix this, and the taxpayers get screwed again.

As long as it’s niner fans getting screwed I’m cool with it! 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:As long as it’s niner fans getting screwed I’m cool with it! 8)

You do present a valid point. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Hey I live in the Bay area and I am a Hawks fan!! Do you think they will do refunds for my part of the costs?
    ccla
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: The golden gate bridge can scream now
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:30 pm
  • ccla wrote:Hey I live in the Bay area and I am a Hawks fan!! Do you think they will do refunds for my part of the costs?

They should.
    Tell em I said it was ok to refund your part. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• That loud sound will dampen the sound of a jumper splashing into the water though.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• NINEster wrote:That loud sound will dampen the sound of a jumper splashing into the water though.

Lol..
    Does that still happen?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Clearly overlooked or skipped testing.

A lesson on the importance of test ..... test .... test.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I rode across the Golden Gate bridge today around 3pm. The wind was blowing so hard it took most of my concentration to not be shoved into another lane. The windsocks were fully turgid. It was cold as hell with the tops of the towers obscured by fog, my leather jacket and full gloves were secured after I about had a damn heatstroke just an hour earlier on southbound 101...

Disappointingly, I heard no bridge screams. Maybe the wind was blowing so hard that the frequency shifted up out of my hearing range? It wouldn't take much for that to happen these days, really.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• The Bridge is just screaming in Orgasmic pleasure due to the Tax players now needing to give her a facelift and boob job.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• GeekHawk wrote:I rode across the Golden Gate bridge today around 3pm. The wind was blowing so hard it took most of my concentration to not be shoved into another lane. The windsocks were fully turgid. It was cold as hell with the tops of the towers obscured by fog, my leather jacket and full gloves were secured after I about had a damn heatstroke just an hour earlier on southbound 101...
    Disappointingly, I heard no bridge screams. Maybe the wind was blowing so hard that the frequency shifted up out of my hearing range? It wouldn't take much for that to happen these days, really.

Mark Twain apparently once said “The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.” :D

I've never been across the GG bridge, but have been taken around the local area by car, a long time ago. But, I didn't know you got fog AND wind at the same time there! The towers were partly obscured by fog then (early November) but it was dead calm.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: The golden gate bridge can scream now
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:47 am
  • That Mark Twain quote was going through my mind at the time. It seemed really insightful! :irishdrinkers:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• I trust you're safely in San Diego now. I wonder what they think about losing their Chargers NFL team to LA? They must be ropeable!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• I was here two years ago when they voted down the stadium proposal and the dis-chargers went a-packing. There was a lot of bitterness among the actual fans at the time, mostly against ownership. With everything shut down and no mention of it on the radio, I don't know (yet) how they feel. I imagine it'll come out when football season starts. I'm pretty sure that if Spanos hadn't actively sabotaged the stadium proposal it would have passed, because there was really no reason not to vote 'yes'. All the "public" money was going to come out of an additional $10/night hotel room tax, so all the money would have been extracted from tourists and convention-goers. It's not like anyone in the whole world was going to look at rooms that already cost over $200/night and change their plans to somewhere else for another $10!

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that nobody here will support them in LA. That'd be like the Portland Trailblazers (NBA) moving to Seattle, for the fans in Portland. Not a lot of love lost between the two cities, I think.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information