Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My next adventure...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
My next adventure...
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:05 pm
  • So, my motorcycle is all packed up. Tomorrow I depart the thriving metropolis of Orting WA and make my way down to Coronado CA, where I will be providing engineering support for nuclear electrical repairs and upgrades on the USS Lincoln (CVN-72) until next April. With The 'Rona going on, flying commercial air is prohibited and driving your own vehicle or the rental you'll have when there, starting from here, is encouraged. I chose POV, namely Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic. I'll still use a rental car down there (along with a bicycle that I'll buy with my overtime $$, since work is close to where I'll be) but the HD will let me go on rides on Sundays when I'm not working since everything else is pretty much shut down right now. I'm hoping that my favorite sports bar in San Diego's Gaslamp District with the sidewalk seating and views of numerous NFL games on TVs will be open and serving during Seahawks games... Cheers! :irishdrinkers:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Re: My next adventure...
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:12 pm
  • Safe Travels.
    Sounds like a fun trip.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:50 am
  • Sounds like a very long trip, too! Hope all goes well. Can I ask, do you have family in Orting you're leaving behind for so long?

Make sure you remember to wear gloves (and maybe a mask) when you're handling that nasty plutonium. :D

(I have no idea what fuel a shipborne reactor actually uses!)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:49 am
  • I'm leaving a whole household behind for so long! Wifey (works full time, doesn't like CA anyway), Mom (who has Alzheimer's pretty bad and can't take care of herself anymore), my autistic sister who also can't take care of herself, and these days my 40-yo daughter with 3 children age 3 and under... And 2 dogs. Good thing I have a big house.

The secret to Navy nuclear power is that we don't use actual nuclear fuel, we just burn all the paperwork that gets generated and we have an endless source of power. :mrgreen:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information