True story, but not a happy one.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
True story, but not a happy one.
Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:53 pm
  • Years ago, about 15 to be exact, my wife and I lived in a small community in a beautiful part of Arizona. I had a thriving construction business, and she took care of the books, helped with details, etc. She was bored. So she got a job at a bank. She thrived, they liked her skills, helped her get investment licenses, all that stuff. She did well, ended up in the top 500 bankers for Chase, and was soon making more than I ever did. She did more than bank, she was in compliance, fraud investigation...she is really good at this stuff.

Don't worry, this story isn't about her and I.

She had quite an enemy at work. Another banker, also a woman, and her just did not get on. The other banker was a devious one, and it was very contentious. The other banker ended up getting fired for conflict of interest, she had a slightly deranged old lady she took care of banking for and worked her way into the old lady's home, even getting herself onto the old lady's will. Once in charge of her house, she set to robbing the old lady blind. The old lady's family found out, she got arrested, found out she had a drug problem, all kinds of bad stuff. This was years ago. When she got fired she accuse my wife of ratting her out, stuff like that. It was crazy.

We don't live in Arizona anymore. But for the last few weeks we have gotten a few calls from my wife's old co-workers telling her that this lady was coming to where they worked looking for her. She eventually had worked at 2 different banks, this lady went to both looking for her. We had no idea why.

This morning they found her hung in her front yard. Suicide. I don't know exactly why, I know no details other than that.

I am both saddened, and relieved. I don't know if she was looking for my wife to have lunch, make up, unburden herself, or commit a murder suicide. I'm glad we weren't there, at least not right now.

Suicide creates such a weird feeling, even when it's someone you didn't like. It's been on my mind all day. Anyway, just thought this would be a good place to let it out.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Re: True story, but not a happy one.
Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:15 pm
  • Wow, that is weirdness Scott.

I had one of my best friends do suicide. He was a roadie in our very successful band in the 70's. His sister was to be married and they were moving to Washington from Buena Park Ca. He moved there into Sunnyside, after deciding he was done with Cali.

When my band imploded in the spring of 1977, I had decided I needed a change and asked him if I could come up there. Of course they all welcomed me so hence my move to Washington state.

A few years went by, I married, moved to Yakima, and lost contact with my friend Roland...(don't go there Roland).

I found out 2 years later he had done the Curt Cobain method after he had left Washington and went back to SoCal.

Just a huge hollow part of me that never knew how to handle my feelings/emotions, so I feel ya and understand.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:26 pm
  • Given the clear signs of sociopathy (or mental illness, at minimum), I would be extremely relieved they didn't meet. The fact that she hung herself IN HER FRONT YARD is all the evidence you need to know to prove she was bat shit crazy up to her last moments.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:30 pm
  • kearly wrote:Given the clear signs of sociopathy (or mental illness, at minimum), I would be extremely relieved they didn't meet. The fact that she hung herself IN HER FRONT YARD is all the evidence you need to know to prove she was bat shit crazy up to her last moments.

First thing I thought. She was making somebody pay for something. Imagine that being the first thing you see when you look outside in the morning? Which is why her trying to find my wife seemed so damn scary in retrospect.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:11 pm
  • :shock:

What is this, I don't even....
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:49 pm
  • This is creepypasta worthy
    Lxx
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:32 pm
  • Wow. I am very happy to hear this troubled woman did not find your wife. I highly doubt it was to ask her out for tea.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:06 pm
  • I don't even know what to think about that story, to be honest. Glad you and yours are alright, and glad she's no longer a potential threat, even though you have no clue if she may have been or not.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:35 am
  • Sudden death is always very disconcerting. I've been out of town for work for the last few weeks. I left on a Monday. The Thursday before that, I was chatting with a friend I've known for over 15 years. He was pretty down, because he had separated from his wife of about 20 years, and things weren't going well. He had moved into a little apartment, and was just kind of sad. I wished him my best, but honestly, thought little more about it.

Found out Tuesday, after I got back to work that he was murdered by his estranged wife. I guess he went over to check on the house and get a few last things, found his wife setting fires. She stabbed him multiple times. He was able to get out and knock on a neighbor's door to ask for help, but died on the way to the hospital.

I am very glad that this odd chapter in your lives has concluded. I'm sure you're relieved. But either way, sudden death is always very surreal and disconcerting.
    Phteven
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:54 am
  • I have more, and far more accurate details. What I had yesterday was from a 2 minute phone conversation with my wife. We live 1500 miles away now, so sorry for what I got wrong.

The lady did indeed go looking for my wife. In June. It would have been a trip of 40 miles to go to where she hoped to find Tracy. The distance she lived from where she, and we, formerly lived played a role in the news delay.

The lady did not commit suicide yesterday. yesterday is when Tracy first learned about it, and is first when the former co-worker who told her about it learned of it. She hung herself in her yard in June, middle of the night. Her grown son found her in the morning. My mistake, I misheard. The local paper in that small town never ran any story on her death, just a obit with word of "sudden" passing. A policeman related to one of Tracy's former co workers, who (the cop that is) was friends with my wife, got wind of the details and passed them on yesterday, thus my mistake on the date.

Still, it only confirms that she was looking for Tracy concurrent with her suicide. Still answers no questions, but only magnifies my relief we were not around.

Poor lady. She had a lot of recent stresses in her life, was caring for young grandchildren because her kids lost custody for some reason, and couldn't take it.

Oddly enough, Tracy only applied for the job because this lady told me they were hiring during one of my visits to that branch. My wife loves her career now, and owes the start of it to a comment from an unbalanced individual who may have been plotting violence against her 15 years later.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:07 am
  • I agree with Kearly's assessment of the situation and her mental state. I'm most happy the woman didn't find your Mrs. Scott. If anything bad would've happened it would've been another blow to the community here, Les' passing being the first, and of course far worse for you and her.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:33 am
  • Ye gods. I feel for that lady, for whom things must have gone so completely out of control that she would do what she did.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information