Game of Thrones (Spoiler Version)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Game of Thrones (Spoiler Version)
Sun May 01, 2016 8:51 pm
  • Episode 2

Dude.

Jon's Back.

Ramsey gonna Ramsey

Tyrian playing with Dragons

Good Episode.

(made this thread because i noticed that the other one requested no spoilers near the bottom. Figured we could discuss the season in this one).
    hawksincebirth wrote:
    So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Re: Game of Thrones (Spoiler Version)
Sun May 01, 2016 9:21 pm
  • Good stuff. Pretty fulfilling episode.
    Image فعل الخير ، ومساعدة الناس وتكون سعيدا
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun May 01, 2016 10:02 pm
  • Breh... When ol boy bounced the one dudes head off the wall... Savage.

Mad happy they brought my boy Jon back.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 02, 2016 1:22 am
  • That was a great episode! I find it funny that it went down almost exactly as I'd expected given the finale of last season. Just knew they were full of it killing off their best character with unresolved storyline!!!!! I'm so excited for next week...
    HHawk121
    NET Rookie

Mon May 02, 2016 7:15 am
  • Disappointed with Jon Snow being alive if that's the case. Martin really is a shitty writer at this point. Did they give any sort of explanation for Jon Snow living?
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon May 02, 2016 7:20 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Disappointed with Jon Snow being alive if that's the case. Martin really is a shitty writer at this point. Did they give any sort of explanation for Jon Snow living?

He was just away on sexual reassignment surgery. Shame, really. That was the first Kit I wanted to sit in since Knight Rider.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 02, 2016 7:28 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Disappointed with Jon Snow being alive if that's the case. Martin really is a shitty writer at this point. Did they give any sort of explanation for Jon Snow living?

He was just away on sexual reassignment surgery. Shame, really. That was the first Kit I wanted to sit in since Knight Rider.

Kit Kitteridge did nothing for you?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon May 02, 2016 7:31 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Disappointed with Jon Snow being alive if that's the case. Martin really is a shitty writer at this point. Did they give any sort of explanation for Jon Snow living?

Well technically we don't know if Martin wrote Snow being reanimated, resurrected..................whatever yet. Although he's hinted at it many times.

I assume the showrunners are working with Martin with the direction he's taking the books, but in the end the producers have said they're doing their own thing.

Having said all this, I'm fine with Snow coming back, as long as he's REALLY messed up, dark and maybe even evil. I know 20 million women all got moist last night, but if he comes back as the same hunky doofus he's always been? I'm with you, that's lame.

But I'm thinking more Lady Stoneheart resurrected, messed up and an abomination.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Mon May 02, 2016 7:36 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Disappointed with Jon Snow being alive if that's the case. Martin really is a shitty writer at this point. Did they give any sort of explanation for Jon Snow living?

Well technically we don't know if Martin wrote Snow being reanimated, resurrected..................whatever yet. Although he's hinted at it many times.

I assume the showrunners are working with Martin with the direction he's taking the books, but in the end the producers have said they're doing their own thing.

Having said all this, I'm fine with Snow coming back, as long as he's REALLY messed up, dark and maybe even evil. I know 20 million women all got moist last night, but if he comes back as the same hunky doofus he's always been? I'm with you, that's lame.

But I'm thinking more Lady Stoneheart resurrected, messed up and an abomination.

Right, but if it is a Lady Stoneheart thing, then it's lazy writing. He's been writing lazily since Crows, and it annoys me. I'll finish the books because I'm invested 5 books in now, but I can't wait for it to be over. The story carried the first 3 books, but the great story has dried up and he's just meandering now.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon May 02, 2016 7:46 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Right, but if it is a Lady Stoneheart thing, then it's lazy writing. He's been writing lazily since Crows, and it annoys me. I'll finish the books because I'm invested 5 books in now, but I can't wait for it to be over. The story carried the first 3 books, but the great story has dried up and he's just meandering now.

I'm with you, I hated the last two books. Martin has obviously crawled too far up his own ass, fired all his editors and has no problem being a self indulgent hack.

Will I buy Winds of Winter? Yes, I'm in too deep to not, but I've already resigned myself to 1,000 pages of blowhardy exposition, meandering story lines and bloated backstory with even more new characters that didn't need to be written.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Mon May 02, 2016 7:56 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I'm with you, I hated the last two books. Martin has obviously crawled too far up his own ass, fired all his editors and has no problem being a self indulgent hack.

Will I buy Winds of Winter? Yes, I'm in too deep to not, but I've already resigned myself to 1,000 pages of blowhardy exposition, meandering story lines and bloated backstory with even more new characters that didn't need to be written.

God damnit, STOP BEING SO AGREEABLE.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon May 02, 2016 8:57 am
  • Kill the Boy let the man be born.

The underlying aspects of things has not been brought out yet, Jon's resurrection if that's what you want to call it was weird, Mel failed, he was not resurrected by her I don't think, his wounds did not heal, her necklace did not glow like when she has done things before, will be interested to see how they explain that, I think his soul or consciousness was in Ghost, notice the whole time she was doing the ritual Ghost was sleeping and not moving.

Tyrion and Varys, 5 seasons and nobody has been able to approach those dragons without Dany, he walks into the catacombs, says how do you do, touches them, releases them and walks out without even a sunburn. Varys knows the Targ history and what this means, he did not say a word when Tyrion asked him to punch him in the face if he has a idea like that again. Tyrion talking about how he wanted a Dragon when he was small also lends some insight to this, Targs dream of Dragons.

Ramsey is going to have a bad boomerang effect death, Roose telling him that if you act like a mad dog you will be treated like one I think is a foretelling, being fed to pigs while alive may be just about what he will get.

Things should start really picking up here now, Bran is getting ready to leave the 3 eyed Raven after a few more visions, I think the White Walkers attack actually, but Meera having to be needed by him is curious with no Hodor mentioned by the Child of the Forest. Aryas arc needs to get moving, she has been training and in Braavos a long time now and has to journey to Westrenos yet and get involved with the story there yet.

Lannisters going to start being Lannisters again, Cersie and Jamie both have reasons now to go off, the Sparrow telling Jamie were going to overthrow an empire with just numbers, and Tommen asking for Cersie to help is a green light for a carnage of FrankenMountain to start doing more then issuing punishment for public urination.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 02, 2016 9:07 am
  • So one thing I researched last night after the episode and episode 3 preview was the last scene with the dude's in armor.

Looks like we might finally get to the bottom of the R+L=J theory.

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/29/what-is ... -thrones-/
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Mon May 02, 2016 10:10 am
  • Ramsey just put a big 'ol target on himself. Got a feeling Walder Frey is going to be a little pissed when he gets the news.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
    FearTheBeak
    NET Starter

Mon May 02, 2016 11:09 am
  • FearTheBeak wrote:Ramsey just put a big 'ol target on himself. Got a feeling Walder Frey is going to be a little pissed when he gets the news.

Walder Frey is going to have his own problems I think :)

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 02, 2016 11:55 am
  • Im in the same ball-park that Jon has lost something. No one gets resurrected and is the same. But I also think he's the catalyst that will unite the kingdom to finally shut up for 5 seconds and realize they are all screwed if they dont march north NOW!

Glad Arya can get back to work as well. I didnt need to see 5 more episodes of her begging and getting slapped around.

chris98251 wrote:Tyrion and Varys, 5 seasons and nobody has been able to approach those dragons without Dany, he walks into the catacombs, says how do you do, touches them, releases them and walks out without even a sunburn. Varys knows the Targ history and what this means, he did not say a word when Tyrion asked him to punch him in the face if he has a idea like that again. Tyrion talking about how he wanted a Dragon when he was small also lends some insight to this, Targs dream of Dragons.

Yep, I agree with this as well. I think we finally have confirmation that they are going this route. I've heard others explain it away with Tyrions original lines, "Dragons are extremely intelligent. They know who helps their mother". But I dont agree with that. The dragons were locked up before Tyrion even got there. I think the Targ history is going to start coming out.
    hawksincebirth wrote:
    So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Mon May 02, 2016 12:35 pm
  • It's perfect that they brought Jon Snow back to life. It's great. The biggest mistake was killing him at all. We've all had plenty of heart break and disappointment by losing good characters in this series, most of us would like to see some success and final redemption by the heros. It's badass.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon May 02, 2016 12:57 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:It's perfect that they brought Jon Snow back to life. It's great. The biggest mistake was killing him at all. We've all had plenty of heart break and disappointment by losing good characters in this series, most of us would like to see some success and final redemption by the heros. It's badass.

But I think that's what makes GOT so compelling and interesting, that Martin and the producers aren't afraid to kill off character.............and likable characters at that.

It's not just another cookie cutter everything's going to work out in the end kind of story. It's brutal storytelling, cause war is brutal.

On a funnier note, this scene is when my wife said "SEE, THAT'S WHY I DON'T LIKE THIS SHOW, GROSS!" As I was LOL'ing.

I said, this is WHY I watch this show.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Mon May 02, 2016 1:31 pm
  • Plenty of likable characters have died. And I agree that's part of what makes it special. But they don't all have to die for it to remain interesting and compelling. It's ok to have heroes. We like heroes. Well maybe not Benji. Heroes don't have enough syncopation. :D
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon May 02, 2016 1:38 pm
  • My opinion is that the mistake was killing Jon in the first place. Betray him, stab him, injure him, sure. But he should have just been left alive so that they wouldn't have to bring him back.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon May 02, 2016 2:36 pm
  • Don't get me wrong. I think what makes GoT SO appealing is that nobody is safe and we as fans begin to invest emotionally into each character and then have to worry for them. I felt major letdown when the Hound "died." Not because I liked him, but because his storyline with Arya was interesting and could have carried itself as a standalone series. I was shocked and mildly outraged at the Red Wedding. Now I have no idea at all what to expect... I'm rather entertained by the fact I called the resurrection though! Maybe I should call for Robb's return!!! PLZZZ GRRM REAPER PLZ!
    HHawk121
    NET Rookie

Mon May 02, 2016 2:45 pm
  • Yeah, I'm an self-admitted Stark supporter so I'm obviously biased when I say I wanted Jon back as well as Cat.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon May 02, 2016 2:57 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:My opinion is that the mistake was killing Jon in the first place. Betray him, stab him, injure him, sure. But he should have just been left alive so that they wouldn't have to bring him back.

You forget an important detail, Jon's death and resurrection may have been necessary as it should technically release him from his vows to the Night's Watch:

Here is the oath they swear:
    ""Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

The story kind of necessitated that he go to The Wall (and beyond) and learn everything he did there. If he is to become everything we think he is going to become, he had to somehow be released from the vows he took when he joined the Night's Watch and this technically should accomplish that.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 02, 2016 3:01 pm
  • Jon had to die, he has a bigger purpose, King of the Iron Throne is not his purpose, as you seen last season his purpose is to defeat the White Walkers and the Other, he has to be something other then a man for this, the AA or whatever you want to call the prophesized warrior. Being resurrected will make him a magnet for others to rally around, as just Jon Snow he would have a bigger conflict like he had at the Night Watch.

Also what is stated above for him to move on with his arc, although the next episode is called Oathbreaker.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 02, 2016 3:36 pm
  • I always thought he should have just left the Watch when Stannis offered him the chance to become Jon Stark, Lord of Winterfell.

But so now he's basically Jesus. I can dig it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon May 02, 2016 3:39 pm
  • I am so excited for next week... This episode ended so abruptly! This week is going to drag on forever!
    HHawk121
    NET Rookie

Mon May 02, 2016 3:41 pm
  • Needs more white walkers.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    * NET Moderator *

Mon May 02, 2016 4:20 pm
  • I had a feeling that Jon would be back. Reading that Martin loves C.S. Lewis and Tolkien's books I had a feeling he would have his own reincarnated messiah (Gandolf, Aslan) to lead the charge against evil. Both of them came back stronger than ever. So I see Jon becoming more of a badass once he gets off the table.

Also agreed that he had to die, he was binded by the night's watch oath, he was committed to that cause. Now he can go and handle the white walkers, hope to see them in the upcoming episode.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

Mon May 02, 2016 4:40 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:It's perfect that they brought Jon Snow back to life. It's great. The biggest mistake was killing him at all. We've all had plenty of heart break and disappointment by losing good characters in this series, most of us would like to see some success and final redemption by the heros. It's badass.

But I think that's what makes GOT so compelling and interesting, that Martin and the producers aren't afraid to kill off character.............and likable characters at that.

It's not just another cookie cutter everything's going to work out in the end kind of story. It's brutal storytelling, cause war is brutal.

On a funnier note, this scene is when my wife said "SEE, THAT'S WHY I DON'T LIKE THIS SHOW, GROSS!" As I was LOL'ing.

Breh, I loved that scene
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 02, 2016 5:02 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Breh, I loved that scene

That one and the one right before it where the giant blasted dude against the wall. Good back-to-back splattering.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon May 02, 2016 5:02 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:It's perfect that they brought Jon Snow back to life. It's great. The biggest mistake was killing him at all. We've all had plenty of heart break and disappointment by losing good characters in this series, most of us would like to see some success and final redemption by the heros. It's badass.

Breh, I loved that scene

Frankenmountain Justice.

No public Uriniation !!

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 02, 2016 5:04 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Breh, I loved that scene

That one and the one right before it where the giant blasted dude against the wall. Good back-to-back splattering.

The Human Flyswatter compliments of Wun Wun.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 02, 2016 5:47 pm
  • I love what they are doing! I love that they are straying from the books and disappointing all the book geeks.

Rock on HBO! take this show in a direction non of us can be prepared for.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon May 02, 2016 5:54 pm
  • I just hope the new Snow is an evil bastard.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    * NET Moderator *

Mon May 02, 2016 7:48 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:I just hope the new Snow is an evil bastard.

I think that title goes to Ramsey
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

Mon May 02, 2016 7:54 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:I just hope the new Snow is an evil bastard.

Doesn't need to be evil, just needs to be pissed and have someone to take it out on, he will have a good start with Thorne, Ollie, the rest of the Mutineers and Ramsey right down the road, I am sure Sansa is going to have a few things to tell him that will push him to the edge.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue May 03, 2016 12:48 am
  • theincrediblesok wrote:
    Laloosh wrote:I just hope the new Snow is an evil bastard.

I think that title goes to Ramsey

Call me crazy but I liked that scene too lol
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue May 03, 2016 7:01 am
  • I like Ramsey as an evil character. Unlike Joffrey he has a control crazy to him. I can't wait to see how horribly he dies, he has to die in the most horrible way. I don't want a knife stuck in him and he dies, a person like him deserves the most violent of all death.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 7:22 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Breh, I loved that scene

I call my nephew Wun Wun, cause he's 2 and just runs around knocking stuff over destroying everything.

My sis in law still doesn't understand, I just say "do you even Wun Wun bro?"
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 03, 2016 7:57 am
  • chris98251 wrote:

Doesn't need to be evil, just needs to be pissed and have someone to take it out on, he will have a good start with Thorne, Ollie, the rest of the Mutineers and Ramsey right down the road, I am sure Sansa is going to have a few things to tell him that will push him to the edge.

At the very least, it would be nice to see the angst-ridden, "am I doing the right thing?" melancholy disappear.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 8:08 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

At the very least, it would be nice to see the angst-ridden, "am I doing the right thing?" melancholy disappear.

To be fair, EVERYONE but a few of his followers question him at every turn. Disobey his orders and even kill him in revolt. It's hard to not question yourself when everyone keeps telling you youre wrong (even though youre not).
    hawksincebirth wrote:
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 9:00 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:

I hated Snow for the first three seasons, and it was mainly Kit Harrington...............who I thought was too good looking, soft and not the right actor to play Jon Snow. Harrington did a better job and finally grew some balls the last two seasons, which made Snow more likable and in line with how I thought that character should look and act.

So I don't think you'll see the demeanor you're describing anymore, especially now.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 03, 2016 10:14 am
  • I agree with Peaches that the writing has become pretty horrible. It has become a USA network style drama. So bad and predictable. They've killed off a lot of awesome characters and replaced them with characters that are just far less compelling. Who didn't see the Dorne thing coming a mile away? Now we're left with this uninteresting woman. Magically bringing Jon Snow back. Yay. I wonder if Daenrys is going to get saved by her dragons? Again. Ramsey killed his father and brother. Didn't see that one coming. Sansa is stuck in the snow, I wonder who is going to save her? The only real compelling storylines they have left are the young king, and possibly Bran. Tyrion was an excellent character in the city. Now there isn't anything compelling about him at all. There aren't opportunities to use his wit and hunger for mischief. I also am too invested now to turn back, but I'm now far more excited for Silicon Valley on Sunday nights than I am for GoT.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 10:18 am
  • I like Silicon Valley but TJ Miller is borderline unbearable. I like just about everything else about the show.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue May 03, 2016 11:20 am
  • Tical21 wrote:but I'm now far more excited for Silicon Valley on Sunday nights than I am for GoT.

I couldnt get through the first season. I've heard that 2 is great and 3 is more of that, but I cant watch them without the continuity, and I cant get through season 1. So, a conundrum, I guess.
    hawksincebirth wrote:
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 11:27 am
  • I might call my next dog Ramsey. He's just so badass.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue May 03, 2016 11:29 am
  • Cartire wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:but I'm now far more excited for Silicon Valley on Sunday nights than I am for GoT.

I couldnt get through the first season. I've heard that 2 is great and 3 is more of that, but I cant watch them without the continuity, and I cant get through season 1. So, a conundrum, I guess.

First season was meh. Second season was great. Third season just barely got started.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue May 03, 2016 11:37 am
  • Comedies take longer than dramas to get going. It takes a season or two for the actors and viewers to get the rhythm down. Silicon Valley is no different. It's exponentially getting better with each season.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 03, 2016 12:41 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:I agree with Peaches that the writing has become pretty horrible. It has become a USA network style drama. So bad and predictable. They've killed off a lot of awesome characters and replaced them with characters that are just far less compelling. Who didn't see the Dorne thing coming a mile away? Now we're left with this uninteresting woman. Magically bringing Jon Snow back. Yay. I wonder if Daenrys is going to get saved by her dragons? Again. Ramsey killed his father and brother. Didn't see that one coming. Sansa is stuck in the snow, I wonder who is going to save her? The only real compelling storylines they have left are the young king, and possibly Bran. Tyrion was an excellent character in the city. Now there isn't anything compelling about him at all. There aren't opportunities to use his wit and hunger for mischief. I also am too invested now to turn back, but I'm now far more excited for Silicon Valley on Sunday nights than I am for GoT.

I'm with you on the Tyrion usage he was masterful with great strategy that could rival Petyr Baelish, but ever since he left the city he's done more drinking than anything. I'm hoping after he had release the dragons he would find a way to end the Sons of the Harpy.

Breaking Bad was a show that started very slow for me and I was wondering why alot of people liked it, the first season didn't really do it for me, but I sticked with it and it was a great show. I appreciated the 1st season afterwards as it was a slow start to try and get the character development going.

For instance, has anyone watched the older Simpsons episodes, Family Guy, American Dad and even Futurama, I noticed that the older episodes aren't as funny and the characters were flat "no pun intended" until a few seasons afterwards, then the characters starts to be more of who we expect them to be now.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 1:40 pm

Next

It is currently Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information