Walking Dead, season 5.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Walking Dead, season 5.
Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:21 pm
  • New season starts tonight. Lots of bloodshed already.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Walking Dead, season 5.
Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:00 pm
  • I'm going to watch. And I hate myself for it already. Hoping it sucks so I can ditch the show.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:22 pm
  • It was horrible. Make that 4 miserable hours in front of the tube today. :(
    Meat
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:25 pm
  • Meat wrote:It was horrible. Make that 4 miserable hours in front of the tube today. :(

It was awesome.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:22 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Meat wrote:It was horrible. Make that 4 miserable hours in front of the tube today. :(

It was awesome.

Yeah, not sure what was horrible about it. Overall I enjoyed it, lots of action and everything moved smoothly. Things will work out conveniently to push the plot forward but it's something you need to accept in a show like this. The opening scene was pretty badass, felt like something HBO would do. Carl barely talked at all which was a plus.

*Spoiler stuff*

I like how they pushed through the Terminus location in one episode. I'm sure they'll keep doing backstories about Gareth and the people there throughout the season like they did tonight, but we won't be stuck there in real time with no progression like the prison.

Super pumped about the quick shot of Morgan only a few steps behind them. I think he's one of the better actors on the show.

Looks like Father Gabriel will be introduced next episode. Hoping they get there quickly and half the episode isn't casually walking through the woods with an occasional zombie kill.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:00 pm
  • Surprisingly good episode. After the hot dry fart of last season it still has to earn my trust, but it's an encouraging sign.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:45 pm
  • I thought it was really good! I hope they keep up the pace, because I too was almost ready to erase it off my DVR queue after last season's "Endlessly walking down the train tracks, headin' to Terminus, kill a few zombies, keep walking" snore-fest. Just what got accomplished in tonight's episode alone would have taken half a season at the prior pace.

It was especially brutal tonight, though, and that's saying something considering it's TWD. Between the slaughter trough and the baby...yeesh. I couldn't wait to see those Termites meet horrible ends.
    SnoCoHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:31 am
  • One thing that drives me BONKERS is the hack reach for emotion via endangerment of children. I've avoided film and literature which included less than the threat of a snapping a child's neck. I hate, hate, HATE any reference to that. The show's now on two strikes with me.

One question; did anyone else think the dude who through the Terminus folks in the storage container in flashback, look ALOT like Neegan? Neegan being one of the best villains I've ever written, period, in any medium?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:11 pm
  • pehawk wrote:One thing that drives me BONKERS is the hack reach for emotion via endangerment of children. I've avoided film and literature which included less than the threat of a snapping a child's neck. I hate, hate, HATE any reference to that. The show's now on two strikes with me.

One question; did anyone else think the dude who through the Terminus folks in the storage container in flashback, look ALOT like Neegan? Neegan being one of the best villains I've ever written, period, in any medium?

The producers have confirmed unequivocally that it was not Neegan. I'm pretty sure it was the crazy tattoo-face guy that they let out of the container during the escape.

I agree with you about the baby thing - such a cheap shortcut. For me it's animals, too. I remember had to stop watching Hemlock Grove because they seemed to go out of their way to have animal suffering of some kind on every show. Come to think of it they worked the baby angle, too. "You know you're not a great writer when..."

My "hmmm" thing today is - how many people lived at Terminus? Did they have some way of preserving meat? I just can't think of a reason why they would need to slaughter 8 adult males all at once (with a 9th freshie on the table) for food. Maybe they were just getting rid of them.
    SnoCoHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:35 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information