Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post subject: F4U Corsair In The Mood...
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Attachments:
f4u12.jpg
f4u12.jpg [ 233.45 KiB | Viewed 679 times ]

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post subject: Re: F4U Corsair In The Mood...
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:43 pm 
* El Primo *
* El Primo *

Looking good!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Agreed, I like it. Is there a reason you haven't made a full-on Seahawks fighter jet of some kind?

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:44 pm 
* NET Radish *

I wanna know when he's going to build the appropriate sized carrier for it to land on.

:les:

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:03 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

RolandDeschain wrote:
Agreed, I like it. Is there a reason you haven't made a full-on Seahawks fighter jet of some kind?

Yeah, the reason is I am such a scale-geek. I tend to fly jets and warbirds that are based on real liveries. Although I am due a fantasy scheme...And the Seahawks would be the perfect scheme!

So maybe this year I'll do a Seahawks jet!

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:43 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Have you considered working with any of the jumbo scale stuff, Todd? Do you have something already, perhaps? I am looking forward to a new R/C challenge as I've done about all I can do with cars and trucks (built an X-Ray T4 touring car that clocked 122mph and an RC8.2e that clocked 112mph), so now it's time to move up. I'm of the impression that a larger, heavier aircraft, design limitations notwithstanding, should be easier to control than a smaller one. What say you?

Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:59 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

SmokinHawk wrote:
Have you considered working with any of the jumbo scale stuff, Todd? Do you have something already, perhaps? I am looking forward to a new R/C challenge as I've done about all I can do with cars and trucks (built an X-Ray T4 touring car that clocked 122mph and an RC8.2e that clocked 112mph), so now it's time to move up. I'm of the impression that a larger, heavier aircraft, design limitations notwithstanding, should be easier to control than a smaller one. What say you?

Definitely considered and it's on my to-do list...Mainly it's a money thing. The bigger the more expensive as you know. I've been flying foam-class warbirds for most of my 9 years or so flying RC planes and outside of the composite here and there, I haven't really moved beyond the foam, 67" wingspan class. I have my eyes on the CARF models...

110" wings, fully composite, museum-scale quality...Just nuts, absolutely nuts.

Of course the kits alone are $4K.

Ouch.

As far as your question about larger aircraft being easier to control, yes, in essence, that is true. Just like a tiny boat on the water is going to be bounced around like crazy and hard to control with moderate waves versus a large ship that cuts right through the same waves with no trouble. But it's a bit more complex than that as you can imagine. Larger scale usually means closer to full scale performance and tendencies. Wing loading is the key. Where these smaller warbirds I fly have a lot of tolerance, the larger warbirds are much like their big FS sisters and will tip stall on a dime if you're not on the sticks 100 percent of the time.

If you're looking to move into the airplane world from cars, definitely invest in an RC simulator first, like Real Flight. It comes with a transmitter and within a couple weeks you're developing muscle memory that will save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars by learning on cyberplanes, not the real ones.

Trust. Me.

:)

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]