Parks and Rec finale

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Parks and Rec finale
Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:36 am
  • Man, great ending. I'm sad to see it go but I'm glad they were able to go out on their own terms and remain high quality. It's almost unheard of for comedies to stay at that level for 7 years. All I've got left is Always Sunny and Community for comedies (and Shameless is sort of a comedy). Farewell Bert Macklin, you son of a bitch.

Also, if you've never watched this show or only tried the first season, keep going. When they lose the whole 'sort of The Office spin-off" vibe, it becomes an awesome standalone that only gets better.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Re: Parks and Rec finale
Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:33 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:Man, great ending. I'm sad to see it go but I'm glad they were able to go out on their own terms and remain high quality. It's almost unheard of for comedies to stay at that level for 7 years. All I've got left is Always Sunny and Community for comedies (and Shameless is sort of a comedy). Farewell Bert Macklin, you son of a bitch.

Also, if you've never watched this show or only tried the first season, keep going. When they lose the whole 'sort of The Office spin-off" vibe, it becomes an awesome standalone that only gets better.

I agree man, it was one of my favorite shows and I am sad to see it go. As for the last part you wrote, I was just telling a co-worker the same thing. He watched the first season and it didn't really spark his interest. I told him to try to at least make it thru season 2 and he'll probably change his mind.
    mbtitleist
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:35 pm
  • So much dust after finally getting healthy enough to watch the finale. Definitely the best comedy send-off I have ever seen, and possibly the most heartfelt, if not best, of all time.
    Super Bowl Champions XLVIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:13 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:So much dust after finally getting healthy enough to watch the finale. Definitely the best comedy send-off I have ever seen, and possibly the most heartfelt, if not best, of all time.

Agreed. Everything definitely worked out way too perfectly in the end for everyone but it didn't feel cheesy or rushed at all. The final season sort of felt like one collective finale after the time jump ending season 6. I was hoping Tatiana Maslany would come back from Doctors without borders for Tom in the end but that's okay. This show was so refreshing and different from the current 'dark age of television' even though I like many of those shows.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:15 am
  • Haven't watched the finale or any of the last season. All I want to know is if Jean Ralphio got a proper send-off. He was the best character in the whole series.
    Football is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that. ~ Bill Shankley
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

It is currently Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information