Quitting Smoking advice?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Quitting Smoking advice?
Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:11 pm
  • Nice.
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 am
  • pehawk wrote:Frack, it sucks. I'm trying to kick the habit - at 35 I've been smoking for 20 years already. It's time.

But, as typical, I'm porking out on crap foods, and gaining pounds. I've added more cardio to my routine, which I heard is suppose to help, but its not really. I've doubled my suppliments and vitamin C, which also is suppose to help. Nada, nothing. I'm still cheating daily. Etc., etc., etc.

I'm an addict, so, going cold turkey SUCKS for me, virtually impossible. Any pearls of wisdom from those who travelled a similar path?

Pehawk, we're lucky for the advancements in nicotine delivery and/or secession.
    18 yrs roughly smoking, and a month ago after buying my first (real) PVD (personal vaping device) I'm having a TASTY time - and feeling incredible (and still getting nicotene). Get with the e-cigs, and vape away the nicotine MUCH more safely...then wind down the levels.
    Added bonus: SAVE A LOT OF CASH and STOP SMELLING AWFUL.

For the hardware go to http://www.nwvapors.com

- Model with two KGO batteries, charger, choice of cartomizers OR CE4 clearmizers (which I prefer).
    http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

- Starter KGO (1 batt, charger, 1 CE4)
    http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=279

The above is the initial upfront cost (hardware needed), the rest is just ordering $4-7 liquids (that last a long time) and $3-6 CE4/cartridge/atomizer replacements when needed.
    Last edited by hawkfan1975 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:45 am
  • dbl post
    Last edited by hawkfan1975 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:59 am
  • Do not go route of small battery, thin (like cigs) type e-cigs. You'll only likely dislike it, or be bothered with battery life and performance.
    A KGO on up is the route to trials.

Initial cost is there (but not too bad), but once you start and see how it works and how much you go through, you'll be angry going over all the dollars spent at $7-10 pack/day on crappy, deadly, analog cigs that make you stink, weak and tired. Happy after seeing the savings. You'll laugh at the usual mini-marts as you drive on by.

This is WAY more fun (and you can slowly quit down to 0mg nicotine).
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:15 am

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:57 am
  • Visualize that each cigarette as you puff on it is a penis.

That should help.... Or maybe not?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 am
  • pehawk wrote:Doing good, actually. And, while in a high-stress week, so, horrah me.

How's your smoke quit going?
    Championships are forever.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:26 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:I am digging those CE-4's .

I gotta make a trip up to NW sometime soon !

Go during the week when the owner Bill and his dad are there, if you go on the weekends it's his young sidekick Jacob, nice enough kid but he doesn't seem to make liquids as well as Bill and his dad do. Not much to see if you go to the actual store but it is a nice drive out to Vernonia and you do get an opportunity to sample many of the liquids before you buy which is nice.
    Rose City Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 am
  • So Pe, how goes the quiting?
    Rose City Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:25 pm
  • Go cold turkey, and keep yourself away from other smokers, or at least where they smoke at. Remind yourself that cancer, black lungs, and early death await you if you keep smoking.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 pm
  • MLOhawks wrote:Go cold turkey, and keep yourself away from other smokers, or at least where they smoke at. Remind yourself that cancer, black lungs, and early death await you if you keep smoking.

Chantix worked for me.

I agree with you 100% tho. If you value your life, whatever it takes to get off the smokes, do it. Do it now, not when you doctor starts talking to you about your options in portable oxygen carts.
    Championships are forever.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information