Star Wars

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Star Wars
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:24 pm
  • I hope JJ Abrams is reading this thread. If nothing else comes out of it, I hope that he includes 'yub-nub' in the next film.
    Rzzzzz...
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10432
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Star Wars
Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:12 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I hope JJ Abrams is reading this thread. If nothing else comes out of it, I hope that he includes 'yub-nub' in the next film.


    Let me be the first (and probably only) to say that I prefer the redone ending to ROTJ. Yub Nub was great, but the song John Wiliams conducted for the re-release is phenomenal. I won't argue for it, either you like it or you don't, and I totally understand if you don't. But I love it.

    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 13955
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Star Wars
Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:49 am
  • Yub-nub > victory celebration.
    Rzzzzz...
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10432
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Star Wars
Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:57 am
  • I totally want to go watch Phantom Menace now. Then ima go play that pod racing game on N64.

    The very best parts of the whole Star Wars experience IMO.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11192
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Star Wars
Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:50 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:I totally want to go watch Phantom Menace now. Then ima go play that pod racing game on N64.

    The very best parts of the whole Star Wars experience IMO.


    Don't you dare mention "Phantom Menace" with "very best parts of the whole Star Wars experience" ever again.

    EVER.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24161
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Star Wars
Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:52 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:I totally want to go watch Phantom Menace now. Then ima go play that pod racing game on N64.

    The very best parts of the whole Star Wars experience IMO.


    Don't you dare mention "Phantom Menace" with "very best parts of the whole Star Wars experience" ever again.

    EVER.


    But he's exactly right. That pod racing game was better than any of the SNES Super Star Wars games, or KOTOR or any of the other Star Wars frnachise games, and Phantom Menace is EASILY the best of the six feature films. Liam Neeson played the best Jedi, and Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan > Alec Guinness' Obi Wan.
    Rzzzzz...
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10432
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Star Wars
Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:59 pm
  • I have both KOTOR and the Pod racing N64 game, haven't played them in years though. May have to dig them up this week. What's the SW game where you play as Dash Rendar? A Han Solo type. I have it, but it's been so long I can't remember what it's called.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

    -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    User avatar
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3028
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA - USA


Re: Star Wars
Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 pm
  • MLOhawks wrote:I have both KOTOR and the Pod racing N64 game, haven't played them in years though. May have to dig them up this week. What's the SW game where you play as Dash Rendar? A Han Solo type. I have it, but it's been so long I can't remember what it's called.


    Shadows of the Empire.
    User avatar
    12evanf
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2610
    Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am


Re: Star Wars
Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:11 pm
  • 12evanf wrote:
    MLOhawks wrote:I have both KOTOR and the Pod racing N64 game, haven't played them in years though. May have to dig them up this week. What's the SW game where you play as Dash Rendar? A Han Solo type. I have it, but it's been so long I can't remember what it's called.


    Shadows of the Empire.


    OMG that game was SO awesome too! KOTOR was awesome too. The Ebon Hawk was the shit!

    Hey Roland... yoosa no lika da Gungams? Meesa lova da Jar Jar Binks! And Sebulba! His hands do what his feet should do, and his feet do what his hands should do! How funny is that!?
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11192
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:40 am
  • I do love the new ROTJ ending theme. Star Wars would not have been what it is without John Williams.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11233
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I do love the new ROTJ ending theme. Star Wars would not have been what it is without John Williams.


    The new ending is more epic, the original is more campy. I prefer the new one actually, but to each their own.
    User avatar
    12evanf
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2610
    Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Oh of course! Thank you man. I used to play that game a lot back in the day.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

    -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    User avatar
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3028
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA - USA


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:03 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Jango's dead. Sam Jackson chopped his head right the eff off his shoulders.


    What's this got to do with Boba? Besides the fact that it shaped Boba's entire life and made him what he was, basically.


    ATTENTION FANBOYS, THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT DISPARAGES THE NAME OF BOBA FETT, AND STAR WARS IN GENERAL

    Boba Fett is the most overrated character in the entire episodes 4-6 trilogy. He appears on maybe two dozen frames of film, has a whopping four lines of dialogue in the entire trilogy, and he gets his ass handed to him by a blind man. The most feared bounty hunter in the entirety of the Star Wars canon gets owned by a frigging blind man. Why this character has a dearth of idiotic fanboys dedicated to worshipping him, I will never know.

    Enough on that jackass.

    Star Wars sucks. The entire legacy was sullied by George Lucas' zeal to produce the most profitable, marketable films in history. The introduction of Jar Jar as a goon, suitable for occasional comic relief and appealing to the lucrative market of toddlers and kindergarteners, pretty much assured episode 1-3's utter suckitude. Any future movie featuring this character as anything other than perhaps a lightsaber test dummy would be similarly disastrous.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5609
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:34 pm
  • @Smokin': Yes, Fett's overrated. That's obvious. However, you can't let George Lucas's abortions (Episodes 1-3) ruin it because he would have ruined the original trilogy had he been able to. So, you like the original trilogy because bright people interfered with it and made it great, yes? Then why are you letting Lucas ruin other Star Wars stuff like the expanded universe? Forget Lucas's garbage. Just pretend he has never been involved with it, and you'll enjoy all the other stuff a lot more...

    Unless, of course, you're the kind of guy that will send back a steak dinner because he asked for no salt on the potatoes on the side, and they came salted. Then, by all means, let one aspect ruin all for you.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24161
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:37 pm
  • Don't worry Smokin. I hear the big villian for Ep. 7 is going to be an Ewok Sith Lord named Darth Scruffy.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5747
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:47 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Jango's dead. Sam Jackson chopped his head right the eff off his shoulders.


    What's this got to do with Boba? Besides the fact that it shaped Boba's entire life and made him what he was, basically.


    ATTENTION FANBOYS, THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT DISPARAGES THE NAME OF BOBA FETT, AND STAR WARS IN GENERAL

    Boba Fett is the most overrated character in the entire episodes 4-6 trilogy. He appears on maybe two dozen frames of film, has a whopping four lines of dialogue in the entire trilogy, and he gets his ass handed to him by a blind man. The most feared bounty hunter in the entirety of the Star Wars canon gets owned by a frigging blind man. Why this character has a dearth of idiotic fanboys dedicated to worshipping him, I will never know.

    Enough on that jackass.

    Star Wars sucks. The entire legacy was sullied by George Lucas' zeal to produce the most profitable, marketable films in history. The introduction of Jar Jar as a goon, suitable for occasional comic relief and appealing to the lucrative market of toddlers and kindergarteners, pretty much assured episode 1-3's utter suckitude. Any future movie featuring this character as anything other than perhaps a lightsaber test dummy would be similarly disastrous.


    Because he looks cool and wears fresh kicks.

    I know a dude with a Fett tattoo :34853_doh:
    User avatar
    12evanf
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2610
    Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:16 pm
  • @smokin. You forgot that he dies by falling into a big hole with teeth. Ewoks died more honorable deaths.

    But he busts some wicked rhymes...

    My backpack's; got jets!
    I'm Boba. The Fett!

    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11192
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:21 pm
  • Lol, Fett's Vette; I haven't seen that in so long. The song played to a bounty hunter in Star Wars Galaxies is better, though.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24161
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:53 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Lol, Fett's Vette; I haven't seen that in so long. The song played to a bounty hunter in Star Wars Galaxies is better, though.


    Yep, it's pretty hi-larious. It's a damn shame the Fett had to die in something resembling a Gelgameck's vagina....
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11192
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online