Help! iPhone problems

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Help! iPhone problems
Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:32 pm
  • Problem: having problems calling, texting, and connecting to the Internet (when not in wifi). Simcard looks fine, went round and round with the tmobile folks and apple folks, while they were pleasant, had me try things that didn't work, like turning the phone off and re-setting certain things. The phone has the latest updated software and didn't start acting screwy until a couple weeks ago and has got progressively worse.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated but I'm a technology tard so please dumb it down for me. I can make an occasional call or text but its a rarity. I'm starting to hate technology! :(
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11262
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:09 pm
  • Oh, this is gonna be good.

    :snack:
    User avatar
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3534
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
    Location: Huntsville, Al


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:26 pm
  • Sounds like your radio is busted.

    Are you using a factory unlocked phone, Tmo iPhone, or jailbroken/unlocked phone?

    If it's the first two and it's a recent purchase they should be able to swap it out for you at an Apple Store. If it's the last one, see if you can factory reset and then get it to work on its original carrier before seeing if someone can help you at an Apple Store.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

    Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

    "YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    User avatar
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4204
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:42 pm
    Location: Pacific Ocean


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 pm
  • First step put in microwave. 30 sec nuke should help it.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 661
    Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:21 pm
  • Must...resist..trolling........!!!!!

    *GAHHHHHHH*
    Image


    Whew. Made it.
    Image
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24851
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:27 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:Sounds like your radio is busted.

    Are you using a factory unlocked phone, Tmo iPhone, or jailbroken/unlocked phone?

    If it's the first two and it's a recent purchase they should be able to swap it out for you at an Apple Store. If it's the last one, see if you can factory reset and then get it to work on its original carrier before seeing if someone can help you at an Apple Store.

    Factory unlocked bought from Apple store because T-Mobile didn't sell iphones yet. Purchased in November.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11262
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 pm
  • 425HawkSpark wrote:First step put in microwave. 30 sec nuke should help it.

    Not the first time I've heard something like that today. :)
    iphone toss for distance was another option! ;)
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11262
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:34 pm
  • I'd take it to the apple store, and see what they can do for you. Hopefully you have the protection policy.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19081
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:46 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I'd take it to the apple store, and see what they can do for you. Hopefully you have the protection policy.
    no protection policy....
    This was my last resort, should have been my first, they replaced it, no charge. Thanks for the suggestion!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11262
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:16 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I'd take it to the apple store, and see what they can do for you. Hopefully you have the protection policy.
    no protection policy....
    This was my last resort, should have been my first, they replaced it, no charge. Thanks for the suggestion!


    You mean an evil corporation did a good thing?

    No way.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4126
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:24 pm
  • I think your issue might be with T-Mobile more than anything. Have had similar problems with a Samsung Galaxy the last 3-4 months through T-Mobile, not as bad, but calls between T-Mobile customers drop all the time, texts don't text, internet is shaky. Don't know what the hell is up.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1620
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:39 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I'd take it to the apple store, and see what they can do for you. Hopefully you have the protection policy.
    no protection policy....
    This was my last resort, should have been my first, they replaced it, no charge. Thanks for the suggestion!


    You mean an evil corporation did a good thing?

    No way.

    Shit happens!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11262
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: Help! iPhone problems
Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:43 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:I think your issue might be with T-Mobile more than anything. Have had similar problems with a Samsung Galaxy the last 3-4 months through T-Mobile, not as bad, but calls between T-Mobile customers drop all the time, texts don't text, internet is shaky. Don't know what the hell is up.

    I hear ya, I went through all the hoops with them on the phone (my home land line) and in person, they were all very nice but my problem had them stumped. So far no problems with the new phone but its only one day!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11262
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land




It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Alexander and 12 guests