Niners make their roster cuts

Marvin49

Reaction score
NinerBuff":3u717uof said:
Okoye has an "injury" which will more than likely prevent another team from picking him up, plus on IR he wont take a PS position up. It's the mental aspect of the game that he lacks, so IR seems like a good fit.

Our backup P Colquitt just got picked up by the Browns.

The Haralson trade makes sense because Lemonier is progressing from DE to OLB nicely (and apparently ahead of Aldon Smith for his rookie year, but Smith didn't have a full offseason).

Overall, the '13 Draft Class is looking very good:
Reid - starter
McDonald - major contributor (replaces Delanie Walker)
Carradine - IR which is expected
Lemonier - 1st backup at both OLB positions
Patton - Looked very adept at finding holes in the zone, smooth WR with reliable hands
Lattimore - IR which is expected
Dial - IR which is expected
Daniels - Pushing for primary backup QB position, looks very solid and can contribute as a WR/RB/KR if needed

Carradine, Lattimore, and Dial not on IR. All put on reserve/non-football injury list. All eligable to come back after week 6...tho I doubt Lattimore will play at all this year.

Very happy so far with this draft class. The three above were injured when drafted so we knew we'd have to wait on them and the others have all looked good. We won't really know till the real bullets start flying but it looks good so far.

pehawk

Reaction score
No, what I mean is, I'm benign in comparison to most who engage the 49er fans. Look no further than this thread. So, why call out my post only?

All of these 49er fans know I'm on them to add to other topics. In fact, I'd love to ban them from posting about anything 49er or Seahawks related for a week. Just to make things more interesting in this forum. I love this forum, but it'd be a lot better if 49er fans added to non-NFCW threads occasionally. Ya dig?

Im sure I go about it in a dick way, but, that's not the intent.

Marvin49

Reaction score
John Clayton‏@ClaytonESPN6m
The 49ers have 14 players on the reserve list and that accounts for $13.4 million of cap room.

ouch. That sucks. lol.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":evyewlms said:
The 49ers have 14 players on the reserve list and that accounts for $13.4 million of cap room.

ouch. That sucks. lol.

Wow! Ouch is right. WTF(rick Les, frick)?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":36uuxs97 said:
No, what I mean is, I'm benign in comparison to most who engage the 49er fans. Look no further than this thread. So, why call out my post only?

All of these 49er fans know I'm on them to add to other topics. In fact, I'd love to ban them from posting about anything 49er or Seahawks related for a week. Just to make things more interesting in this forum. I love this forum, but it'd be a lot better if 49er fans added to non-NFCW threads occasionally. Ya dig?

Im sure I go about it in a dick way, but, that's not the intent.
Well, calling you out had nothing to do with the fact that it was you, it's just that I've seen a bunch of threads about something other than the Seahawks, and they've been starting off with more and more trolling/baiting/BS as of late. Yours was the straw, I guess you might say. I didn't snap, or get pissed, or anything; but I just reached the point where I wanted to say something.

Also, I completely agree that it'd be more interesting if we saw 49ers/Rams fans adding more discussion to other threads; and Jesus Christ @ that cap # riding the medbay.

pehawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, iRo. And, hey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I sure am squeaky.

We should propose Niner and Rams fans can only add to non-NFCW threads next week. That'd be fun, actually.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":3fhmtenm said:
Marvin49":3fhmtenm said:

ouch. That sucks. lol.

Wow! Ouch is right. WTF(rick Les, frick)?

About half of that I'd guess is Michael Crabtree...but still. Ouch.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":uw1n39kw said:
Fair enough, iRo. And, hey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I sure am squeaky.

We should propose Niner and Rams fans can only add to non-NFCW threads next week. That'd be fun, actually.

That would probably have been cool in the offseason some time....but not 1.5 weeks before the opener and 2.5 weeks till the battle royal. :D

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Interesting concept. That could be awesome, or it could be disastrous.

@Marvin: Per Sportrac, Crabtree's 2013 cap hit is $5,774,000; so $7.6m of that is tied up in other players. Pricey.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":nwjv4bij said:
pehawk":nwjv4bij said:

That would probably have been cool in the offseason some time....but not 1.5 weeks before the opener and 2.5 weeks till the battle royal. :D

Quit whining 49er trash! You do what we tell you to, punk!

(I'm joking before mretrade snitch reports me)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2n1nrjm1 said:
Interesting concept. That could be awesome, or it could be disastrous.

@Marvin: Per Sportrac, Crabtree's 2013 cap hit is $5,774,000; so $7.3m of that is tied up in other players. Pricey.

Ya...I was guessing. :D I knew the his cap number was much larger toward the end of the deal.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":3oigjxmy said:
Marvin49":3oigjxmy said:
pehawk":3oigjxmy said:

Quit whining 49er trash! You do what we tell you too, punk!

(I'm joking before mretrade snitch reports me)

lol. :D

NinerBuff

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3qj3kp7m said:
So the guy who gets beaned with a bottle gets cut? That's harsh.

Twice, apparently :|

In all seriousness, the guy really has no chance of making our team... We have Carradine and Dial coming back from injuries later that will surpass him on the depth chart.

Marvin49

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":36x41e7g said:
So the guy who gets beaned with a bottle gets cut? That's harsh.

To be fair, he was never going to make the team.

He was also waived/injured so if he clears waivers he reverts back to the 49ers and goes on IR.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":rprmzo90 said:
Well I hope he clears waivers then, I think he deserves a shot without the "beaning" incident tainting things.

While I agree with your sentiment, I haven't heard anything during the offseason to warrant another team taking a serious look at him.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":18bp50av said:
SonicHawk":18bp50av said:
mretrade":18bp50av said:
^^^Excuse me? I know my team better than you know yours and I know the Seahawks better than you know the Niners.

Stop trolling.

Get off of our boards.

He has every much of a right to be here as you do.

I don't believe you.

And, I want you to know, I threw out a joke at the expense of the Ducks and Phil Knight today in a meeting, and it killed. That's really all I wanted to say.

Carry on...

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
pehawk":1zls9ng8 said:
RolandDeschain":1zls9ng8 said:
Pe, why'd you have to bait them right off the bat? I actually do enjoy reading viewpoints from fans of other teams most of the time, and you just took a crap on the thread before it had a chance to take off, forcing them to go on the defensive. :|

Or, it forced more detail?

It's not like this is something new...I always "encourage" outside opinions in this forum. I do it, ALOT. Marvin49 added a lot to the #1 QB thread after I said something yesterday.

Oh, and I'm kind of an asshole.

Jus a lil bit, but we have come to expect that from you.......LOL