How do you keep 3 RB's active gameday?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Sherman Smith said, unequivocally, that Christine Michael will have to learn to play special teams if he wants to play. He was on with Softy last week and these were his words. Take them for what you will.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The only way could have seen his being active all games was if they kept Konz as one of the TEs. He is an excellent special teams guy ; not an acceptable risk IMO with Zack's health concerns

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3uzx1g3d said:
Sherman Smith said, unequivocally, that Christine Michael will have to learn to play special teams if he wants to play. He was on with Softy last week and these were his words. Take them for what you will.

Yep, he sure did.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I've heard he's a fumbler. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but that's his rep. So, its doubtful he's at KR to start the season.

Hopefully he can block.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
pehawk":137ny25j said:
I've heard he's a fumbler. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but that's his rep. So, its doubtful he's at KR to start the season.

Hopefully he can block.

The one time I went to training camp in early August EVERY single kick/punt to Michael he fumbled. And that following game against the Chargers, the only time I saw him take a kickoff (he might have gotten more I don't remember) he fumbled that too but luckily he was in the end zone and downed it.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":1xtv3m2p said:
pehawk":1xtv3m2p said:

Hopefully he can block.

The one time I went to training camp in early August EVERY single kick/punt to Michael he fumbled. And that following game against the Chargers, the only time I saw him take a kickoff (he might have gotten more I don't remember) he fumbled that too but luckily he was in the end zone and downed it.

If you were a Navy or Army man, I wouldn't believe you. But, you're not, so that solves that.

Hope he's a good "mid-fielder" in KR formations then.

formido

Reaction score
MysterMatt":38obxcvl said:

This is what he said:

"It's going to be tough! It's hard to use three tailbacks. You've got Marshawn, you've got Turbo - it's hard to play two, let alone three - so I don't know how that'll work out. I don't know if you go into the game with three active tailbacks. So, we just have to decide how that works out for us. It's going to be tough to get him in there - it's tough to get reps with Marshawn and Turbo [in front of you]."

[source: http://www.fieldgulls.com/on-the-airwav ... e-airwaves ]

That actually doesn't sound unequivocal at all to me. Also, Carroll said this week that Michael is battling Turbin for the #2 spot.

Regardless, I will be shocked if Michael doesn't suit up. Also, if they don't figure out how to get his RB combine record 43 inch vertical and super elite 3 cone and shuttle some touches during games, they've lost their darn minds.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is the easiest dilemma we will ever solve.

Does Pete use more starters on specials than almost any other team you have ever seen? Earl, Sherm, Browner, Robinson, etc...

Did Holmgren like using his very best players on specials? Nope.

Holmgren is talking about specials in a far different way than Pete. Starters, even stars, are not exempt from specials with Pete. Thus reducing the need for Turbin or Chronic Mike to be on specials.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
formido":34sjlx3k said:
MysterMatt":34sjlx3k said:

This is what he said:

"It's going to be tough! It's hard to use three tailbacks. You've got Marshawn, you've got Turbo - it's hard to play two, let alone three - so I don't know how that'll work out. I don't know if you go into the game with three active tailbacks. So, we just have to decide how that works out for us. It's going to be tough to get him in there - it's tough to get reps with Marshawn and Turbo [in front of you]."

[source: http://www.fieldgulls.com/on-the-airwav ... e-airwaves ]

That actually doesn't sound unequivocal at all to me. Also, Carroll said this week that Michael is battling Turbin for the #2 spot.

Regardless, I will be shocked if Michael doesn't suit up. Also, if they don't figure out how to get his RB combine record 43 inch vertical and super elite 3 cone and shuttle some touches during games, they've lost their darn minds.
I'm not sure if you read the entire article. From the very next paragraph:
"On the kickoff role for Christine Michael:

Well it's still up for grabs right now. You saw what happened last week with Jermaine Kearse. Jermaine Kearse is saying 'I want to be the returner'. You know, so we've got a couple guys back there that can do it, so Christine has to become a special teams player in order to be active on Sunday, and Turbo plays special teams. Marshawn is the only guy in our room that doesn't play special teams. If he becomes a starter, then he doesn't have to worry about that."

If you don't think that's unequivocal, then I'm not sure what is.

Rooster854

Reaction score
Special teams is a dangerous part of the game that's why I love the multiple kick/ punt returners the hawks are using right now

justafan

Reaction score
Its not that big of an issue.They can keep 3 Rbs and have Kearse return kicks if Michaels doesnt fit the bill.He is too talented to leave off the active list.They kept 3 last year and its really kind of irrelevant if he returns kicks or not IMO.

kearly

Reaction score
Last season Seattle had 4 RBs who were active on game days and I'm not expecting that to change. I think they made the ST comments with regards to Michael to help motivate him, though it's possible that they are also trying to set the stage for keeping Turbin as the #2 back.

If for argument's sake Michael does not get activated on week 1, then I think that's more about sending a message to Michael than anything else. He's clearly the future after Lynch, if he stays healthy and continues to hold onto the football.

chris98251

Reaction score
Michael doesn't have to be a deep back he can be an up back on kickoffs, as far as punts and Field goals he can be outside contain and the guy that takes the edge rusher which is typically a CB or someone of that size. Lots of things he can do.

drdiags

Reaction score
Looking at numbers for the 45-man active roster, the LBs or DL have to take the numbers hit to have Michael active. Right now I am over by 1 if a 3 RB plays. Which position group loses a player?

Code:
45-MAN ACTIVE DAY ROSTER
========================

5TECH...........- 1
LEO.............- 1
3TECH...........- 2
1TECH...........- 2
LB..............- 5
CB..............- 6	
FS..............- 2
SS..............- 2
-------------------

RB..............- 2/3
TE..............- 3
FB..............- 1
WR..............- 5
OT..............- 3
OG..............- 3
C...............- 2
QB..............- 2
--------------------
...............21/22

KICKER..........- 1
PUNTER..........- 1
LS..............- 1
-------------------

drdiags

Reaction score
I guess you could sit Lane or Maxwell or whomever the 5th LB is besides Farwell, who will be the 4th LB (ST) if he makes the squad. Morgan is your other LB (ST), or substitute Bradford for Farwell.

You could also only dress 4 WRs. No way you go less than 3 TEs, though maybe that is the other position you sacrifice?

rjdriver

Reaction score
drdiags":3j2ed70i said:
Looking at numbers for the 45-man active roster, the LBs or DL have to take the numbers hit to have Michael active. Right now I am over by 1 if a 3 RB plays. Which position group loses a player?

Code:
45-MAN ACTIVE DAY ROSTER
========================

5TECH...........- 1
LEO.............- 1
3TECH...........- 2
1TECH...........- 2
LB..............- 5
CB..............- 6	
FS..............- 2
SS..............- 2
-------------------

RB..............- 2/3
TE..............- 3
FB..............- 1
WR..............- 5
OT..............- 3
OG..............- 3
C...............- 2
QB..............- 2
--------------------
...............21/22

KICKER..........- 1
PUNTER..........- 1
LS..............- 1
-------------------

How old is that computer you're using Doc?

Would you like to play a game Professor Falken?

drdiags

Reaction score
rjdriver":m7ok8h0p said:
How old is that computer you're using Doc?

Would you like to play a game Professor Falken?

It has that fancy CGA card in it. Cannot wait to get me that new fangle PS/2. I know you boys are jealous.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Good lord, Doc! What in the hell are you using?

Thanks, btw!