12th man Flag Raiser Week 2

Tical21

Reaction score
For this game? Macklemore?? He can do the Titans game. But a home opener on Sunday night against our hated rival? I'd rather have Jeff Chadwick.

Walt, Matt, Holmgren, Shaun, Darrell, Engram, Blades, Largent, Eugene Robinson, Dave Brown, John L, Bobby Joe, who cares. The whole 83 team! Not Macklemore or Mix or anybody from the grunge genre.

SirTed

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3j9t4l7a said:
Ricky Watters. I don't care if he's done it before. I loved how he told SF to kiss his butt and retired a Seahawk. Great player. Never saw a guy run harder except for Marshawn. Ricky was maligned as a "quitter" in Philly. Guy was an amazing teammate and a hard worker. All that he did set the stage for the team that went to the Superbowl. He taught a lot of those guys how to win and how to kick some balls.

Maybe my favorite post on this site, ever.

Just wanted to say thanks.

McGruff

Reaction score
dunceface":2mx4aeas said:
SA! SA! SA!
I kind of agree it should be a former player I just wish I was as cool as the people that have never heard of Macklemore and only use payphones and only re-read Bukowkski paperbacks while listening to their clay 45s on their home made phonograph...

Stalker.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":21pt2pge said:
truehawksfan":21pt2pge said:
You want to break the record for the loudest stadium.....Macklemore.

Macklemore could be standing next to me right now and i'd have no clue who he was. I bet 75% of the stadium (especially those over 40) would be in the same boat.

Hahaha. No. He's the biggest music star to come out of Seattle in decades and he's about to have his third straight number one. Oh, and he reps the Seahawks constantly, wrote a song about Dave Niehaus, and Russell tweeted last week that the team will play his hit 'Can't hold us' before every 4th quarter.

He's the perfect guy.

SirTed

Reaction score
Outside of the box idea:

What do you guys think about.... Kevin Calabro? You could show some sweet highlights, and cut in some incredible calls, like this!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l11p5-VXv0k[/youtube]

McGruff

Reaction score
I'd take Brandi Carlisle, Damien Jurado, Dave Bazan, Death Cab for Cutie, modest Mouse, or the Head and the Heart over Mcklemore as artists, but that probably reveals about me and my opinion of radio over the last twenty years than it does about Mcklemore's popularity.

But the signing of the Gore jersey could win me over . . .

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I think it would be awesome for Macklemore to raise the flag, but I would assume like many in this thread that many don't know who he is, so he wouldn't be the best choice. He's big and only getting bigger. Always reps Seattle too.

CDAseahawk

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3pc9uq2x said:
If you want a home grown music star, I'd recommend the man, the legend

Sir Mix-A-Lot

Of course, he'd have to bring some sort of revue, and perform at halftime...

Agreed. The J.R. Ewing of Seattle would be epic.

Decimation

Reaction score
Cyrus12":hkxm1thm said:
who is mckelmore? is he like our Bieber in Canada?
Seattle artist, he's actually not that bad. Better than some of the other crap I hear on the radio nowadays.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent should do the 49er game, He should go up to the area of the podium with a jacket on and a 80 jersey underneath camera focus on him and close up sshowing him on jumbo screens, takes jacket off and shows he has the name Rice on his jersey, takes that jersey off wearing a largent underneath and throws it into a trash can that suddenly bursts into flame, then he proceeds to raise the flag.

dunceface

Reaction score
chris98251":wuhhtcvn said:
Largent should do the 49er game, He should go up to the area of the podium with a jacket on and a 80 jersey underneath camera focus on him and close up sshowing him on jumbo screens, takes jacket off and shows he has the name Rice on his jersey, takes that jersey off wearing a largent underneath and throws it into a trash can that suddenly bursts into flame, then he proceeds to raise the flag.

This.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Tical21":39lifh8v said:
For this game? Macklemore?? He can do the Titans game. But a home opener on Sunday night against our hated rival? I'd rather have Jeff Chadwick.

Walt, Matt, Holmgren, Shaun, Darrell, Engram, Blades, Largent, Eugene Robinson, Dave Brown, John L, Bobby Joe, who cares. The whole 83 team! Not Macklemore or Mix or anybody from the grunge genre.

If Dave Brown is gonna do it, it'll have to be a hologram. I think he passed about a month before XL while playing hoops with his son. So sad.

I kept hearing Macklemore's name and didn't want to like him for whatever reason, but my wife & son played The Heist so many times that I now know every song. There is some good stuff on there...like this:

http://www.2kmusic.com/en/webvideo/mack ... at-ab-soul

And he's a HUGE Seattle sports fan, which is awesome. This one can give you goosebumps and leave you with a lump in your throat at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvNQWQSwmow&sns=em

I'd like to see him get a game this season, but not week 2. I vote for Zorn on that one.