NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOz56

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3rpv85bf said:
JOz56":3rpv85bf said:
CALIHAWK1":3rpv85bf said:
Everything I've read or heard so far indicates he and by association we (Seattle) are screwed.

If that truly is the case, then screw Stern and the NBA, for all of this. It should have never gotten to this point in the first place, and where they get off having any moral right is beyond psychotic. I'll turn my attention towards the NHL now.

Screw Stern, yes. However this looks way bad and was way wrong on Hansens part. As far as NHL it's probably no NBA arena no NHL team.

I really don't know if this screws us or not. I've heard reports say that we're done, and others say that it is nothing. To me it depends on when the timeline was and when it all went down. If they really want to blacklist us for their own business practices, then have at it. But everyone involved has no moral highground on this, especially when they pulled this very crap a couple years ago.

And not necessarily no on the NHL team. The MOU can be changed if the proper NHL crew wants to come in and give it a whirl. Hansen would probably sell off the land and turn over the MOU to let the possible NHL ownership deal with it. Who knows at this point. I'm washing my hands of all of it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1umtzy2w said:
pinksheets":1umtzy2w said:
Well, unless Hansen copped to the NBA that he did this back during the initial ruckus, I'd say he's probably put himself in a position where he'll be blacklisted by the NBA for interfering in one of their public funding schemes. He's out.
If pinksheets says we're in trouble than were in trouble. Don't know how Chris thought this wouldn't catch up to him sooner or later. Smh. :cry:

He didn't say we're in trouble you little girl. He said if the league didn't know we are, we don't know if the league knew or not.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Honestly, I'm just rooting that someone with money goes to Bellevue or Redmond and strikes a deal to build a hockey-only arena.

The Sonics/NBA were my first sports love, but just like in real life when it didn't work out with my first actual love, I moved on and married someone else (and someone better to boot), I am just fine being a three-sport town and watching college basketball.

I was reading over at Sonics Rising, and these guys are not thinking in a cut-throat manner. The business of sports is dirty. There are a limited number of goods to be acquired. Like with anything else, that means you have to do what you have to do. Don't be apologetic or ashamed about it. Just accept that it didn't work and wait for Sacramento to self-destruct or Milwaukee to self-destruct or whatever.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bellevue wants an arena, but they want it made with private money 100

Talk about unrealistic.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Reading up on the ESPN article about the recent developments doesn't make things look great for us.

Throwdown

Reaction score
So it was AFTER?

He couldn't just take the L?????

IMO that means there was no expectation of expansion, and all those rumors were B.S.

JOz56

Reaction score
I don't see how this screws us anymore than we already were once Stern decided to make up new rules. Like I said, I only wish Hansen had gotten dirtier earlier when all this crap started coming out. Hell, I wish he would have gone the lawsuit route.

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":1svcr756 said:
IMO that means there was no expectation of expansion, and all those rumors were B.S.

Yup, that is what it is looking like. Again, a nudge nudge wink wink type of deal with no real promise. Screw that, lawyer up. Might as well burn that bridge once and for all and not be used as leverage.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I mean regardless, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of ass kissing going on behind the scenes that no one is privy too. I still have faith in Hansen, but now I like him even more (weird huh?) that he's willing to get a little more dirty since its obvious the politics of the NBA are dirty.

Still believe in H/B/N, this changes nothing, if this was as bad as some are making it out to be, this arena deal thing would be folded with the quickness and a billion "I'm sorry's" handed out for wasting our time.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JOz56":815k9w2g said:
Throwdown":815k9w2g said:

Yup, that is what it is looking like. Again, a nudge nudge wink wink type of deal with no real promise. Screw that, lawyer up. Might as well burn that bridge once and for all and not be used as leverage.

I'm not ready for that, yet. I'd like to see what this Silver guy is all about before we burn any bridges, he's known to favor bigger markets instead of raping the smaller ones.

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":lcl3jl0h said:
JOz56":lcl3jl0h said:
Throwdown":lcl3jl0h said:

I'm not ready for that, yet. I'd like to see what this Silver guy is all about before we burn any bridges, he's known to favor bigger markets instead of raping the smaller ones.

I was more talking about when this crap first went down. Mah bad :lol:

I'm curious to see what happens from here on out to be sure.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":195576rj said:
JOz56":195576rj said:
Throwdown":195576rj said:

I am! Silver is a hand picked Stern stooge, I don't trust him any farther than I can throw his weasel looking @$$! Plus being a new commish he may scare easy when he realizes he is about to get the bejesus sued out of him and his league, probably not a way to start your legacy as a new commish with a anti-trust lawsuit smacking you around. :)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seems like they're just trying to downplay emphasis on the "Sonics".

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I hope that it indicates that Hansen and the city are open to changing the MOU and letting a hockey team play there first, but there is about a 0.001% chance of this actually having anything to do with that, and there's less of a chance that the MOU does get altered for hockey first.

dino26

Reaction score
Id love to see a team back in Seattle that and a NHL franchise im sure it will happen in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.