Sounders Season Thread - Sigi is STAYING

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
SonicHawk":p0fgg1kq said:
Went to my first Sounders game last night. What's with all the constant chanting?
What, exactly, do you want to know?

Dren

Reaction score
Perhaps he was expecting a mere, "Let's go Sounders"

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Sounders today traded midfielder Servando Carrasco and a 2nd round draft choice for midfielder Adam Moffat from Houston.

Moffat is best known as a tough midfielder and his rockets from distance:

[youtube]FNhnvgDds5A[/youtube]

Also, the Sounders play tonight vs Real Salt Lake. With a victory the sounders would be at the top of the table.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Smurf":3gdxjylo said:
Sounders today traded midfielder Servando Carrasco and a 2nd round draft choice for midfielder Adam Moffat from Houston.

Moffat is best known as a tough midfielder and his rockets from distance:

[youtube]FNhnvgDds5A[/youtube]

Also, the Sounders play tonight vs Real Salt Lake. With a victory the sounders would be at the top of the table.

Should have kept Carrasco and traded Joseph instead. I hope Sounders checked with Alex Morgan before making that trade :). Good for Servando. Hopefully he gets more chances to play in Houston. Really didn't get much of a chance here.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
No one would take Joseph from us. He has no trade value.

And this is good for Carrasco and the Sounders. Carrasco will get more playing time for sure. There he will be a fringe 11 guy, here he is a fringe 18 guy.

Moffat on the other hand is a big pick-up for our squad. He'll add a lot to our midfield. We don't have a player like him. Where with Carrasco he plays similarly to Alonso, Joseph and Rose.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
With seven games left in their season (and at least 1 game in hand on every other team except Montreal), Seattle is now top of the table for the Supporter's Shield.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Top of the league and playing well at the right time. Was pretty cool being 2-0 up and being able to bring on Dempsey and Johnson. This could be the year for Seattle with the Sounders and Seahawks. (Mariners don't count as no one cares about them)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounders made a statement last night. They scored 2 goals in the first half without Johnson and Dempsey. Plus they scored the goals on arguably the best goalie in MLS - Nick Rimando. Rimando is tough. Looking good heading into the postseason for the Sounders few more games to go but they're now in the catbird seat.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
ill take it.

Supporters Shield magic number is 14 points from 6 games.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Well, tonight was disappointing. Looks like Seattle will need 10 points out of their last 4 matches to get the Supporter's Shield. I don't see it happening.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Wasn't able to watch the match due to the Huskies game but it looks like it was a good thing I wasn't watching. :shock:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What's the deal with Dempsey and Martins? Martins is always injured and now Dempsey. If it's not one thing with this team then its another. Another red card for Zach Scott to boot. Ugly game all around. It looks as though the Sounders never traveled to Colorado.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Dempsey has a hamstring injury. Those are hard to shake in soccer. It takes a few days of constant training for it to go away completely and not knot.

As for Martins. He's still dealing with his ankle issue (he gets kicked a lot in his ankles). The fact he played for 60 minutes at LA surprised me. So not having him for Colorado isn't really that worry some to me....and...if your going to lay an egg....doing it in Colorado isn't that bad.

We still have 4 games left to play. 2 of them at home. 2 of them cascadia cup games. There is a lot of pride on the line, and the supporters shield.

EJ and Evans got called up AGAIN to the USMNT and will miss the next two games. Dempsey didn't because of his hamstring....hopefully Dempsey is able to play in AT LEAST one of those games...and open his account.

Speaking of the Nats team....Assuming EJ plays in both nats games he will have made 18 appearances for the USMNT this season...and 20 for the sounders. That is friggin crazy. For this team to be where it is, despite missing part of its fire power is amazing.

10 points from 4 is not impossible.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Reports are coming in that Roma from Serie A are interested in acquiring former Sounders FC player from Sporting Lisbon...

...It should be noted that Sounders OWN HIS RIGHTS at this very moment. He is on loan to Sporting with an option to buy...I would assume that will be revisited later on. ...Its possible we could see Montero moving to one of the top 4 leagues in the world.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sounders get spanked 4-1 at home to Vancouver. Can't help but feel that the US call ups the past few months are starting to bite us. The line up keeps changing every week with either Neagle/Johnson or Martins. The midfield changes with Evans in one minute then not. Gspurning and JHK have also played like crap the past 2 games which is worrying.

Can't help but feel this may in fact be a choke job from the Sounders as per every year under Sigi at this time of year. Starting to think the Sounders are the Peyton Manning of soccer. Do good until the crunch time then blow it.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Start the smurf suicide watch...I may just put myself out of this misery.