Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Seattle?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
UGotHawked":20eepitu said:
Hamhawk":20eepitu said:
LOL,....The solution, (to be fair league wide), eliminate the NFL as a sporting event,...have all games played without fans,....made for TV entertainment with just the right amount of "canned" cheering played,....wouldn't that be enjoyable?

I like this, only instead of canned cheering, I must suggest a sit-com laugh track.

LOL! Yes! And they could add those transitional slap-bass blips and boops from Seinfeld for every change of possession!

drdiags

Reaction score
Come on. Some granny gets her dander up and writes a whiny letter to the editor and now it's the entire fanbase. Yet people get pissed if other fans take the actions of one jerk at CLink and tries to cast all Seahawks fans that way. There is no high road here.

I seem to remember local Seattle folks writing to the Op Ed about how they didn't care about the Sonics back when the whole move to OKC was going down. And fans complaining because the "enemy" using these type of elitist responses as a statement of the entire fanbase.

Have fun guys but this is a non-starter.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Mr kixkahn read this to me last night while trying to go to sleep. Took quite a while to stop laughing so I could sleep. What a lame excuse for a reason as well as a "journalist".

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
drdiags":a99ntcc9 said:
Come on. Some granny gets her dander up and writes a whiny letter to the editor and now it's the entire fanbase. Yet people get pissed if other fans take the actions of one jerk at CLink and tries to cast all Seahawks fans that way. There is no high road here.

I seem to remember local Seattle folks writing to the Op Ed about how they didn't care about the Sonics back when the whole move to OKC was going down. And fans complaining because the "enemy" using these type of elitist responses as a statement of the entire fanbase.

It's not just one fan. Have you seen 49er Webzone, for example? Or Niners Nation?

Wait, don't go over to either of those places.

You might say that it's just one outlying person, but it really isn't. It's another piece of evidence supported by a whole lot of other posts on the internet.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
One thing these whiners don't understand and you can take this to the bank. The NFL would love to have 31 more stadiums and fan bases just like ours.

drdiags

Reaction score
Okay, so an entire fanbase wants to ban the noise fans create at the CLink. Or any stadium. It's their sour grapes and they can have their own meltdown about it. Until the NFL decides to attempt one more time to legislate out fan participation, I will just pity them and let this simmer over in the NFL Forum. I understand it is comical and good to poke fun at those butt-hurt about playing in the conditions. Just a non-story to me. But that is just my opinion and offered as an alternative to the debate.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pretty pathetic that the newspaper thought it was necessary to publish that letter. It reflects poorly on their fans but maybe the publisher thought it was a legitimate idea?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
drdiags":22ydpq4e said:
Okay, so an entire fanbase wants to ban the noise fans create at the CLink. Or any stadium. It's their sour grapes and they can have their own meltdown about it. Until the NFL decides to attempt one more time to legislate out fan participation, I will just pity them and let this simmer over in the NFL Forum. I understand it is comical and good to poke fun at those butt-hurt about playing in the conditions. Just a non-story to me. But that is just my opinion and offered as an alternative to the debate.

Sure, that's a totally valid stance, that you aren't concerned with the majority (not "entire") of a fanbase that has been crying about a) the CLink's noise levels and b) Seattle's press coverage all week.

I think most people who are interested are just drinking up tears here to amuse themselves, especially because apparently no one in the media is paying much attention to Seahawks/Jaguars yet, and dammit there's a story there about the Pete Carroll coaching tree (and its first seed; watch it grow in the next few years!)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Oh Boo Hoo!

What a stupid letter to the editor. As if, will the league ever ban fans supporting their team.

My word it is amazing how some people will go to extreme lengths to whine about foolish stuff.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
drdiags":1bz8lsgz said:

I agree with Doc on this. It's just one old lady. Have any of you ever paid attention to the types of people that write in to newspapers? I constantly want to bang my head against the wall when I read the letters that the Seattle Times publishes.

That all said, I've read plenty of SF fans comment on the internet since the game. They might not be as silly as this old lady. But they're just as delusional. The average comment I've come across says that the only reason our fans are so loud is that we've never won a Super Bowl. And had we won 5 like them 30 years ago, we wouldn't care so much. And that SF is our Super Bowl and haha, how pathetic. I'm sorry. Their fans (most of them, not all) are flipping delusional. So I guess I really don't feel too bad about painting SF in a poor light. They're doing it to themselves. This letter from some old lady is more humorous than anything.

Go Hawks.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
SonomaHawk":3ae31y99 said:
Presented without comment:
http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/L ... 819523.php

Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle
Was anyone else appalled by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Seattle Seahawks and their fans, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs ("Seattle states case loudly, clearly in rout," Sports, Sept. 16)?

It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.

At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.

Judy Spelman, Rich Schiller,

Point Reyes Station
HA HA HA! Jesus Christ, good thing the competition committee isn't a group of nine-year-old girls or the the 12th man would be screwed. The guy actually put his name on it with his girlfriend--talk about pussywhipped.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Look, it's envy, that's all. The solution is just as simple..... Niner fan? All you have to do is be as passionate as we are. Cultivate the culture in your stadium, feed it, grow it. Inspire your fan base to give your team the same home-field advantage. There is nothing we do that you can't. But before you find a way, you have to have the will.

You've been to the show, you've tasted victory. Is it possible your team's history is your downfall? Is it a "Been there, done that" mentality that prohibits your ability rise to the occasion? If so, you've failed your team. Because, guess what? Since realignment, you have the same Super Bowl record as we do.

Exittium

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":23f9hee3 said:
So 13 other owners will have lost revenues.

The TV networks will have lost revenues since they wouldn't broadcast the games.

I think this is the key points especially in the bold Seattle is a media money maker and right now, people are loving the "under dog team"

I respect my elders and everything but that shouldn't she be watching like wheel of fortune of jeapordy.. with her hearing aids TURNED DOWN? The old battle axe prob had those babies maxed out :D
Jase":23f9hee3 said:
The lady that wrote this is 69 years old, according to 950 KJR AM this morning.

Just sayin'.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The Dori Monson Show
‏@DoriMonsonShow
We're talking to the 49ers fans who complained @Seahawks fans were too loud now.

Craig Terrill ‏@TerrillMusic 22s
@DoriMonsonShow, let them know we are sorry Dori.

Anyone catch this? I love how Craig Terrill replies. :)

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an idea. Let's go to Green Bay and complain every time a Packer player jumps in the stands after scoring a touchdown. It's pretty unsportsmanlike to taunt visiting fans with such a brash display.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Or maybe we should just complain that it's too cold and snowy and slippery in Green Bay or Chicago giving them an unfair advantage and demand that all their late season home games be played in Florida or Southern California.