Votes: 46 44.2%
  • I'm an opposing team's fan and scared of either option

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
That's weird. I threw this one together in Photoshop last year:

12 zpsef34df9b

But, yeah, a new flag is definitely necessary. The current one incorporates the old colors and the old number font. Also, the 'Seahawk Blue' color in the current flag always struck me as a bit girly.
Plus, Paul Allen, as a smart business man, should see this change as a way to create some new merchandising revenue...

Anyway, I hope your friend gets some momentum going to change the flag.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Looks good, I would like it better if the feathers were made bigger on the sides so that there were 12 on each side. Other than that I like it I would buy one.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Lollllll niners fan is SO mad because his team came up here and got butthoused. What a joke of a team and fan base. Go join the rest of the bay area in complaining about the mean Seahawks and their unfairly loud stadium.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
9erEmpire":ip548x62 said:
In my opinion, I think the emergence of the 12th man and the Seattle's soccer fans, was due in large part because of the Sonics leaving.

After the Sonics left due to poor fan support, Seattle sports and their fans have been much more outspoken and supportive.

That post is so Jackwagon that it is clearly just trolling in anger from this week's Niner tragedy. Explain the KingDome's effect on QB's like John Elway or the inability to obtain a ticket to a game without being on the waiting list back in the 80's? We were doing it long before and doing it well.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Pretty sure that is the same 49er fan who wrote the letter to the newspaper about how Seahawks fans are too loud.. What a tool.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":1dergv2u said:
Pretty sure that is the same 49er fan who wrote the letter to the newspaper about how Seahawks fans are too loud.. What a tool.
he has brought up people losing their hearing on multiple threads so you may be right

Crizilla

Reaction score
9erEmpire":1kxrcjg8 said:
After the Sonics left due to poor fan support

I swear everyone not from the seattle area still thinks this is why the sonics left

RockHawk

Reaction score
No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RockHawk":3siylnk0 said:
No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.

Yea, I don't know that I'd want to replace it completely either. But it'd be cool to have as an option. I love the option of having new and old school Seahawks flags to fly, and this would just add more to that.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
9erEmpire":23h97y85 said:
:facepalm

Seattle fans should give their team more credit. Fans don't play the game. Stop acting like you have a game to play Sunday.

It's because of this, the media doesn't take your team serious. Every time some media outlet mentions your team, they always mention how bad you guys are on the road.

I know winning is new to some fans but geez, you guys went to the SB not too long ago. Act like you have been there before.

What the hell is this joker even talking about.

GTFO.

McGruff

Reaction score
9erEmpire":2gzi6fmp said:
In my opinion, I think the emergence of the 12th man and the Seattle's soccer fans, was due in large part because of the Sonics leaving.

After the Sonics left due to poor fan support, Seattle sports and their fans have been much more outspoken and supportive.

Hmm, the 12th man jersey was retired in 1984.

Seahawks fans invented the wave in the early 80's.

Rules changes were implemented to control crowd noise in response to 12th man influence long before the Sonics left.

Seems to me the 12th man has always been a factor. Sure, it grows with success, but lets not pretend this is some new phenonema.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
At first I was all "yeah, let's do it!" but then I thought about it and I think they should leave it be. I want one though. For my house.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Thats totally what the new 12th man flag shoukd look like. Doesnt make any sense why it didnt change with the uniforms. Send this to the Seahawks, and let them know it needs to be changed. They seem to think theres no way we can change the 12th man flag. Its dumb.

soxhawk

Reaction score
It looks okay. Would look even better without the green stripes on the sides. Just dark blue flag with the new 12 on it.

Johnny

Reaction score
9erEmpire":33gd9g9o said:

The Seahawks retired the #12 jersey back in the 80's for it's fans and called them the '12th Man'.... do your history!!!

Seaswab

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":149b6h8x said:
For those of you on Facebook, a friend of mine has put together a Facebook page to promote interest in an alternate 12 flag, one that reflects the traditions displayed in the new uniforms. Check it out, and join if you'd like.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418440285044364/

1239954_10151586027777606_2048839590_n.jpg

Has this been sent to the hawks and what was their response?

Seaswab

Reaction score
9erEmpire":3aby6mpk said:
:facepalm

Seattle fans should give their team more credit. Fans don't play the game. Stop acting like you have a game to play Sunday.

It's because of this, the media doesn't take your team serious. Every time some media outlet mentions your team, they always mention how bad you guys are on the road.

I know winning is new to some fans but geez, you guys went to the SB not too long ago. Act like you have been there before.

You are a clown