• Proposed new 12 flag

Votes: 46 44.2%
  • I'm an opposing team's fan and scared of either option

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johnny

Reaction score
RockHawk":2r0fiuno said:
No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.

Agreed, The coaches change, the owners change, the players change, the uniforms change, the front office changes, But!, The fans are the same. The fans are the only constant in this franchise.. and that means the flag should stay the same.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Johnny":99a90pdx said:
RockHawk":99a90pdx said:
No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.

Agreed, The coaches change, the owners change, the players change, the uniforms change, the front office changes, But!, The fans are the same. The fans are the only constant in this franchise.. and that means the flag should stay the same.

Disagree. Looks dumb to have jerseys of a totally different color

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
9erEmpire":2u25fc7b said:
In my opinion, I think the emergence of the 12th man and the Seattle's soccer fans, was due in large part because of the Sonics leaving.

After the Sonics left due to poor fan support, Seattle sports and their fans have been much more outspoken and supportive.

And your emergence here is a result of an inferiority complex.

BTW - we are 4-1 in our last 5 road games. Whats the Whiners record over the same span?

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seaswab":32wvsk9m said:
Has this been sent to the hawks and what was their response?

I was told it was pitched to "both the Graphic Designer and Creative Director months ago, and they both said their social surveys advise that the fans love the jerseys but don't want to mess with the flag."

I think it would gain traction if a) they had a better product concept to pitch to people so they could actually see and understand what it'd look like, and b) sell it with the caveat that this would not totally replace the current one; both would be in production and available.

Johnny

Reaction score
Seaswab":11iwve9k said:
Johnny":11iwve9k said:
RockHawk":11iwve9k said:

You don't wear any old jerseys of players from the past to games?

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3s8romxc said:
Seaswab":3s8romxc said:
Has this been sent to the hawks and what was their response?

I was told it was pitched to "both the Graphic Designer and Creative Director months ago, and they both said their social surveys advise that the fans love the jerseys but don't want to mess with the flag."

I think it would gain traction if a) they had a better product concept to pitch to people so they could actually see and understand what it'd look like, and b) sell it with the caveat that this would not totally replace the current one; both would be in production and available.

I like the current flag - no need to change it.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Johnny":1q0o40k9 said:
Seaswab":1q0o40k9 said:
Johnny":1q0o40k9 said:
RockHawk":1q0o40k9 said:

You don't wear any old jerseys of players from the past to games?

They changed the jerseys and colors. If they can change that, then they should change the flag. Why do we have a flag that is another teams colors? Are we the titans or panthers? No. The flag now looks like its for a different team. It should be the same.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Seaswab":1ons01g5 said:
They changed the jerseys and colors. If they can change that, then they should change the flag. Why do we have a flag that is another teams colors? Are we the titans or panthers? No. The flag now looks like its for a different team. It should be the same.

If that is the criteria then its never matched the teams colors - even before the current uni switch.

Seaswab

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":2s7ouqiw said:
Seaswab":2s7ouqiw said:

If that is the criteria then its never matched the teams colors - even before the current uni switch.

only because they couldn't find a fabric that matched the old Seahawks blue, and that was the closest they could come. Look at the old flags they used to run across the field with after Touchdowns. Same color.

Seeker

Reaction score
DEAR 9ers fans,

You were really good a billion years ago,

so were the cowboys & raiders and just like them NOBODY CARES NOW

you had a primetime chance to win an easy superbowl against a week ravens team (ray lewis and ed reed were a combined 106 years old).

you can always tell a fan of an opposing team has nothing to say about anything substantial when they start bringing up rings from eons ago, rings that (because most 9ers California fans are bandwagoners), THEY WEREN'T EVEN AROUND FOR.

half the niners fans i talk to don't even remember some of the dudes on their team from the championship days unless its montanna or young.

Most of you guys don't understand football or sports in general, you have representatives of your fan base motioning to stop fans from yelling at games and to let your team win, THEY SERIOUSLY BELIEVE THIS. If that isn't the epitome of entitled fans I don't think one exist.

You coach is a lil b#$@#, he cries after every game, EVERY game about something. even the ones he wins.

Harbaugh was given a stacked deck of a team and has managed to choke at higher and higher levels,
Pete was given a rag tag team of has beens and never was's and turned the organization into a powerhouse, you mad?

Most SF fans are old fat gangbangers looking for an opportunity to stab someone at a game, what a crap organization.

oh and your logo is stupid, your players are all homophonic drunkards, and your qb looks like squidward WITH ONE EYEBROW

Howie_16

Reaction score
It's the perfect time to introduce a new "12" flag in our current colours, as we will be winning our 1st Super Bowl in them at the end of this season!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
soxhawk":84iylb9t said:
It looks okay. Would look even better without the green stripes on the sides. Just dark blue flag with the new 12 on it.

I'm kind of interested to see it with out the green on the side also.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":28krkgdb said:
For those of you on Facebook, a friend of mine has put together a Facebook page to promote interest in an alternate 12 flag, one that reflects the traditions displayed in the new uniforms. Check it out, and join if you'd like.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418440285044364/

1239954_10151586027777606_2048839590_n.jpg

Edit: adding a poll to this post. Vote away 12's.
Sorry the sheer fact that this exists is garbage. What's the matter with the old one ? We probably should stop raising the 12 man flag since thats too old school and completely has to do with our past and god knows we can't have any of that! :sarcasm_on:
We should change Steve largents jersey to the new one too.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I may be in the slight minority, but I want it to stay the same. The flag is ours, the uniform is for the players. It should stand alone, separate yet one with the team. A constant that stays the same as uniforms come and go. I'd be a little hurt if they changed our beloved 12th man flag! Quit messin' with stuff. Some things are sacred and should stay the same, forever... IMO.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1uyhv3hg said:
RockHawk":1uyhv3hg said:

Yea, I don't know that I'd want to replace it completely either. But it'd be cool to have as an option. I love the option of having new and old school Seahawks flags to fly, and this would just add more to that.

Put the old flag in the rafters and fly the new one. I do like the changes on it.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
9erEmpire":2rbuecf8 said:
:facepalm

Seattle fans should give their team more credit. Fans don't play the game. Stop acting like you have a game to play Sunday.

It's because of this, the media doesn't take your team serious. Every time some media outlet mentions your team, they always mention how bad you guys are on the road.

I know winning is new to some fans but geez, you guys went to the SB not too long ago. Act like you have been there before.
wrong forum buddy. Scram and take your fairweather fans with you

Greenhell

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":yb9nveu0 said:
For those of you on Facebook, a friend of mine has put together a Facebook page to promote interest in an alternate 12 flag, one that reflects the traditions displayed in the new uniforms. Check it out, and join if you'd like.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418440285044364/

1239954_10151586027777606_2048839590_n.jpg

Edit: adding a poll to this post. Vote away 12's.

Love it! I think we're over due for a new flag with new colors and scheme. Can the flag in the pic be purchased? I want it!