Votes: 46 44.2%
  • I'm an opposing team's fan and scared of either option

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Greenhell

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":bad1khoe said:
Greenhell":bad1khoe said:
Love it! I think we're over due for a new flag with new colors and scheme. Can the flag in the pic be purchased? I want it!

Check the Facebook page for details on that.

Will do.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
After mulling it over for a bit, it think the flag should remain the same. It's our flag and that blue just does it for that flag. As soon as you see that blue you know when it is you're looking at

Vantucky Hawk

Reaction score
I like the thought of the flag matching the uni colors.

And I think that 9er fans must be horrible to play card with " Full house 9er fan eat that! Sorry dude doesn't matter my team won 5 Super Bowels 50 years ago."

LDOseahawks17

Reaction score
Hey Fellow 12s! I appreciate Seahawk Sailor bringing the ALT 12 to your attention and asking for your feedback. This flag design has been a passion of mine for some time, and obviously Thunderhawk too! First and foremost, the answer is NO. I am not making a move to replace the Big Blue 12! I REPEAT, NOT REPLACE!!! I do feel however, as many of you here in this forum as well, that there is room for another flag in the family that is more representative of our new attitude, new culture, and new uniforms. As Sea hawk Sailor ststed earlier, I have been in corespondence with the Hawks staff regarding this concept, and intial responses were that their social surveys indicated that fans wanted to leave things alone with regard to the traditional 12. I think the staff misunderstood and thought I was lobbying to replace the current 12 with a new 12. Again, NOT REPLACE! I even went so far as to call the flag the Alternate 12 (ALT 12) so people would not think a NEW 12 was replacing OLD 12. I would love to see fans in CLink waving and cheering with this flag right along with the Blue 12. How cool would that look? And one day, perhaps the ALT 12 will find its way on a flag pole high above the stadium for all to see. Who knows? For this fan, it was worth it to ask the question and see what's possible. I'm sincerely grateful for your feedback, bith for and against as it paints a true fan opinion regarding a piece of our fanship that we take very seriously. SO please, I ask that you continue to provide your feedback (exceot for those trolling Whiner fans that somehow got in here...). With that I close by simply saying: GO HAWKS!

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
LDOseahawks17":184vfuig said:
Hey Fellow 12s! I appreciate Seahawk Sailor bringing the ALT 12 to your attention and asking for your feedback. This flag design has been a passion of mine for some time, and obviously Thunderhawk too! First and foremost, the answer is NO. I am not making a move to replace the Big Blue 12! I REPEAT, NOT REPLACE!!! I do feel however, as many of you here in this forum as well, that there is room for another flag in the family that is more representative of our new attitude, new culture, and new uniforms. As Sea hawk Sailor ststed earlier, I have been in corespondence with the Hawks staff regarding this concept, and intial responses were that their social surveys indicated that fans wanted to leave things alone with regard to the traditional 12. I think the staff misunderstood and thought I was lobbying to replace the current 12 with a new 12. Again, NOT REPLACE! I even went so far as to call the flag the Alternate 12 (ALT 12) so people would not think a NEW 12 was replacing OLD 12. I would love to see fans in CLink waving and cheering with this flag right along with the Blue 12. How cool would that look? And one day, perhaps the ALT 12 will find its way on a flag pole high above the stadium for all to see. Who knows? For this fan, it was worth it to ask the question and see what's possible. I'm sincerely grateful for your feedback, bith for and against as it paints a true fan opinion regarding a piece of our fanship that we take very seriously. SO please, I ask that you continue to provide your feedback (exceot for those trolling Whiner fans that somehow got in here...). With that I close by simply saying: GO HAWKS!
I think you are on exactly the right track. There is no reason that both flags can't coexist. On game days we see fans rocking throwback jerseys, the new jerseys and even the Hass/Alexander Seahawk Blue jerseys from a couple years back. No one gets confused. It's all Seahawks stuff. When I see your new flag it is still instantly evocative of the 12th man. It would be cool to give fans a choice.

I hope in time it will replace the older one but if it didn't I would still like the option of flying the new one.

LDOseahawks17

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":39pcq6x5 said:
That's weird. I threw this one together in Photoshop last year:

12 zpsef34df9b

But, yeah, a new flag is definitely necessary. The current one incorporates the old colors and the old number font. Also, the 'Seahawk Blue' color in the current flag always struck me as a bit girly.
Plus, Paul Allen, as a smart business man, should see this change as a way to create some new merchandising revenue...

Anyway, I hope your friend gets some momentum going to change the flag.

Thanks for your support ThunderHawk! You are the Godather of the ALT 12!!!

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
I think the original flag represents our history and should remain. It is so awesome in every way and is my favorite. I do understand those that feel it can change as the team changes just like logos change and colors change on uniforms. I do think many versions of 12th man flag can coexist, evolve, and be appreciated by all. Just show your colors and be proud. I do think the original should always fly on the space needle.

Largent80

Reaction score
I looked at that page and the link is WAY at the bottom, but one of these is now on the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pmedic920

Reaction score
It's not like Santa Clara is in Oklahoma.[/quote]

Oklahoma wouldn't take Santa Clara if California gave it to them. Take a hike.

Edit: I like the original/classic flag best, but I have both and will support whatever the 12th man decides.
GoHawks.

AgentDib

Reaction score
9erEmpire":3l6clg8a said:
I know winning is new to some fans
Says the 49er fan. Going on 12 years since the Hawks joined the NFC West and the 9ers have only been good for the last two. You join the Chiefs as a team that should really not look down on recent success.

Largent80

Reaction score
I want to tell you how cool Brian is (alt. flag distributor) I ordered this morning, and he contacted me....when he found out my band was playing in Vegas this weekend he paid the extra money to 1 day ship it to me. I will sport it in Vegas baby, pics will follow.

A VERY stand up dude, and please support this fellow 12.

9er fans?....get a friggin life....do you have to pollute every thread on this board?

C-Dub

Reaction score
Bought one a few weeks back. He shipped it to the wrong house, and still waiting for it to get to my current place before I head out west for the game.

Largent80

Reaction score
C-Dub":2slw3pvv said:
Bought one a few weeks back. He shipped it to the wrong house, and still waiting for it to get to my current place before I head out west for the game.

You should contact him, he was really cool with me.

stack600

Reaction score
Like em Both one is tradition, one is rockin it new style. Just don't change flags till we lose a home game. maybe like 2021

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawksFTW":gbtfjmhe said:
McGruff":gbtfjmhe said:
Seahawks fans invented the wave in the early 80's.

Huskies fans, at Husky stadium. I was there.

This is true but not many people know that it started, when paramedics defibrillated a lady while she was laying on the aluminum bleacher seats.