Sounders Season Thread - Sigi is STAYING

razgriz737

Reaction score
This is just terrible. Incredible how they can go from looking so good to so bad seemingly at the flick of a switch.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Disappointing? that was utterly embarrassing. No defensive pressure, no defensive cover. really i cant remember seeing so much lack of defensive integrity, shape or simple tactics at what is supposed to be a high level game. Four relatively easy walk in goals (although the 4th was simply criminal goalkeeping)

Angered I bothered to sit down for it.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
At this point I am not watching the games live. DVR, start about 45 min. behind. Wait until the Sounders are down two goals and fast forward to the conclusion.

Painful.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
So is this the end of Sigi? Things are really looking bad. If they bow out in the first round of the playoffs with a whimper, I think he's done.

Chapow

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2jhm13rm said:
Sigh, yet another disappointing end to an up & down season.

Disappointing? Yes.

End? No.

Yeah, they've looked horrendous the past 2 games, but they are still in 2nd place in the west, 1 point out of 1st, and still have 3 games to play while RSL only has 2.

No way I'm throwing in the towel on the season now.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
If we get max points from our next 3 we will win the supporters shield, the cascadia cup, and hold home field through the playoffs.

Its possible to still walk into the playoffs as the best team in mls....it is also possible that we continue falling and drop out of the playoff race.

That being said I think we make the playoffs, and will be a relatively high seed.

EJ hurt himself in training for the nats, so he's on his way back. We'll see if he can play in any of the last 3.

Ianni was supposed to start last night but felt tightness in his quad and got scratched. Which is why he only played 45. Leo I believe will be back in time for Sunday.

My 11 for Sunday would be Hahnemann, Yedlin, ianni, Traore, Leo, Rosales, Moffat, Alonso, Burch, Martins, Dempsey.

I could see Gspurning starting, but it'd be tough. 9 goals against in 2 games is hard to look past.

Neagle is clearly out of form and is more of a role player at this point.

Hurtados awesome form dropped so quickly and suddenly it left 9 goals worth of holes in the defense. He's been awful the past two weeks.

Burch has been more of an asset in the offensive third than the defensive. His left foot is the only thing we have coming from that side right now.

Yedlin has got to learn to make better crosses. If his crosses were more accurate we would be destroying teams. His overlap play with Rosales is fantastic. But his end product is shit.

Rose is too inconsistent and slow.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Andy Rose...I don't see how this guy gets playing time. He is awful. Gspurning, what the hell happened to you? The defense looked lost without Zach Scott (last night) and Leo (past couple of games). The sad thing is that they have lost to two middling to bottom of the division teams. Teams they should never lose to at all. One at home. I wish the Sounders were more like the Seahawks at home. They seem to find a way to play just as crappy at home as they do on the road.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
We lost to two playoff teams...it's not like we lost to chivas, dc, or Toronto.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
I disagree.

I think we can win in Portland.

I think we can win in Dallas

And I think we can win at home vs the Galaxy to clinch the shield.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":3c8owyo6 said:
I disagree.

I think we can win in Portland.

I think we can win in Dallas

And I think we can win at home vs the Galaxy to clinch the shield.

Not with the defense that I saw against Vancouver. Be an optimist all you want but that was beyond "just one if those games". There was a severe lack of defensive understanding. How does that change..

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
It changed to get to that point, so it can change to return. Nothing is permanent.

We'll see some changes and I think results will follow.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So, should they wait until after the inevitable first round playoff loss to fire Sigi or just get it over with now? His management, or lack thereof, the past month has been inexcusable.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Spounge84":39s69xia said:
Give Will Johnson an Oscar
Whether or not he embellished, there's no excuse for Ozzie to swing his elbow at someone's jaw. And this isn't new. He's constantly doing stuff like this. As talented as he is, he's a hothead and Sigi's done nothing to try and keep him under control.