Washington State @ Oregon

jhern87

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2xi49vu2 said:
Msfann":2xi49vu2 said:
At this rate Oregon might break 80 points.

Havnt even covered the spread yet! Need 2 more points!

As I said.. I would have taken the under. Good call.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1swjw1an said:
Damn it. 2 TD's against our scrubs pisses me off.

Actions of a dillweed coach trying to make the margin of victory less embarrassing. 90 times throwing should get him a kick in the nuts, too.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":h5pzotf6 said:
JSeahawks":h5pzotf6 said:
Damn it. 2 TD's against our scrubs pisses me off.

Actions of a dillweed coach trying to make the margin of victory less embarrassing. 90 times throwing should get him a kick in the nuts, too.

Its going to cost us votes to Florida State too. You know voters aren't staying up to watch our game, they'll just look at the score and see how much WSU scored on us.

I know its not good sportsmanship, but wish we'd run scores up more.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
What is WSU supposed to do? Take a knee and run out the clock? When Oregon pulled the starters on O, the Cougs pulled most of the starters on D. I'd say its obvious Halliday needs the reps.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":2pwmoqe0 said:
What is WSU supposed to do? Take a knee and run out the clock? When Oregon pulled the starters on O, the Cougs pulled most of the starters on D. I'd say its obvious Halliday needs the reps.

I don't blame WSU. I blame Helfrich. Should have gone for it on that 4th and inches and picked up the first down and ran more clock. Should have kept in our 2nd stringers instead of putting in the 3 deep and walk ons.

Its just maddening watching our walk ons and 3rd stringers go 3 and out every single possession every single week and then giving up meaningless points.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3megrtjp said:

Play the second string? How many more reps did he need when he already had 60+ throws? If they want to play against nobodies, run drills in practice. Or maybe try delevoping something resembling a run game? Shameful.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Haha, ok. If you don't like it, stop it. Its Oregon, most of the backups are more talented than WSU anyway. Same routes worked on the backups that did on the starters. Plenty of yards was racked up on the first team D as well.
But, keep whining and acting like I should be mortified my school kept their starters in to get those guys to play a game till the end since they mailed it in so blatantly last week and because of this Oregon might lose a few precious votes(which is what you are really pissed about, ethics has nothing to do with it) because FSU blasted a supposedly good highly ranked Clemson team and Oregon only dropped 60 on the lowly Cougars and won by 24. God I feel so terrible.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":xayo8ing said:
Haha, ok. If you don't like it, stop it. Its Oregon, most of the backups are more talented than WSU anyway. Same routes worked on the backups that did on the starters. Plenty of yards was racked up on the first team D as well.
But, keep whining and acting like I should be mortified my school kept their starters in to get those guys to play a game till the end since they mailed it in so blatantly last week and because of this Oregon might lose a few precious votes(which is what you are really pissed about, ethics has nothing to do with it) because FSU blasted a supposedly good highly ranked Clemson team and Oregon only dropped 60 on the lowly Cougars and won by 24. God I feel so terrible.

Not sure if youre speaking ot me or to Sarlacc, but to be clear my frustration is with the Ducks in those situations, not with WSU. Helfrich is too nice late in games. I'd prefer he just bury and embarrass teams... feelings be damned. At the very least stay with the 2nd stringers, rather then the 3rd stringers and walk ons.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'm speaking to Sarlacc. I think sportsmanship is overstated, Helfrich could've kept his big guns in and thrown the ball, faked punts and all that jazz and Leach wouldn't have said a damn thing about it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well, the Ducks DC didn't like it: @rgduckfootball Nick Aliotti in rare form: "That's total bullshit that (Leach) threw the ball at the end of the game like that. I think that's low class."

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Aren't you supposed to try and score points when your behind? Aliotti is one of my favorites though, love his schemes and how well coached his guys are.

Seems like Leach gets in trouble for throwing the ball whether he is ahead or behind. What the hell is he supposed to do?

CPHawk

Reaction score
I hope coug fans remember this next year when Helf scores 100 on Leach.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2pr6owdz said:
Well, the Ducks DC didn't like it: @rgduckfootball Nick Aliotti in rare form: "That's total bullshit that (Leach) threw the ball at the end of the game like that. I think that's low class."

He is so used to teams just bending over in the second half for him. We dont do exactly what he 'expects' and he calls it low class. He should have said nothing, looks really pompous and weak.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Aliotti sounds like a whiny bitch that got his feelings hurt. Maybe he should petition the NCAA to institute a rule that Oregon games end after 3 quarters if the Ducks are ahead.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think Allioti's press conference was actually a calculated move aimed at the guys who vote in the polls. These stupid 7 pm west coast games end at about 2 in the morning east coast time where most of the voters are located, there's no way those guys are watching our games. Those pollsters will look at the score and think, "Damn, WSU played Oregon pretty tough, it was a close game!" But Allioti's comments will make sportscenter and make the news and maybe help the pollsters realize it wasn't as close as the final score might have seemed.

Personally, I wish the Ducks would be more like Baylor. Just poor it on people and who cares what others think. Play the backups, but keep running the normal offense and the normal defense, and don't play the 3rd stringers and walk ons.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":19vhem5d said:
J, you think Aliotti did that with Helfrich's blessing?

No idea, bit if my theory is correct I would say probably. I mean how often does a defensive coordinator go out for a post game press conference? (I don't know the answer, but I don't think that's normal procedure)

CPHawk

Reaction score
I don't think he did, I just think he's an old guy who doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks. He's got 3 years left, tops.