Washington State @ Oregon

DohBoy

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":zsw43mz8 said:
Actions of a dillweed coach trying to make the margin of victory less embarrassing. 90 times throwing should get him a kick in the nuts, too.

Mediocre defensive coordinator, on a team not respected for defense, whines about late scores by an opponent during a blow-out win.

Alabama must find this all very amusing...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DohBoy":1p7om3tw said:
Sarlacc83":1p7om3tw said:
Actions of a dillweed coach trying to make the margin of victory less embarrassing. 90 times throwing should get him a kick in the nuts, too.

Mediocre defensive coordinator, on a team not respected for defense, whines about late scores by an opponent during a blow-out win.

yeah, i find the hypocrisy hear a little amusing... the team who felt the need to score 62 points is somehow mad because the other team didnt just give up

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
[[align=]quote="seahawk2k"]Haha, ok. If you don't like it, stop it. Its Oregon, most of the backups are more talented than WSU anyway. Same routes worked on the backups that did on the starters. Plenty of yards was racked up on the first team D as well.
But, keep whining and acting like I should be mortified my school kept their starters in to get those guys to play a game till the end since they mailed it in so blatantly last week and because of this Oregon might lose a few precious votes(which is what you are really pissed about, ethics has nothing to do with it) because FSU blasted a supposedly good highly ranked Clemson team and Oregon only dropped 60 on the lowly Cougars and won by 24. God I feel so terrible.[/quote]

Actually, I'm not at all worried about the votes. That all shakes out with Oregon's strength of schedule in the Pac-12. In fact, I'm all for Pac-12 teams getting better.

However, what I'm seeing is a coach who got kicked out of another school for being a pompous ass, and I'm also seeing WSU trying to make peace with it rather than reading the signs. I get that you want the team to be good again, and I can definitely sympathize, but when Leach gets canned again, don't be surprised.[/

SeatownJay":3ibxtpd1 said:
Aliotti sounds like a whiny bitch that got his feelings hurt. Maybe he should petition the NCAA to institute a rule that Oregon games end after 3 quarters if the Ducks are ahead.

Surprise, Seatown is talking down the Ducks again! I'd almost respect him talking so much if the Huskies hadn't gotten blown out of the building. I mean, even the 49ers fan had the wherewithal to go away after losing.

Uncle Si":3ibxtpd1 said:
DohBoy":3ibxtpd1 said:
Sarlacc83":3ibxtpd1 said:

yeah, i find the hypocrisy hear a little amusing... the team who felt the need to score 62 points is somehow mad because the other team didnt just give up

The Ducks got out to a 30 point lead to keep it safe to bring in the 2nd and 3rd string. It was Leach who had his QB still throwing that led to the pick 6 to make it 62 points. So, that's on WSU, not the Ducks. If Oregon's second team started piling on their second team, I'd be equally embarrased.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Expecting your opponent to lay down before the clock expires has got to be one of the most entitled things I've ever heard of.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pinksheets":3kywphh9 said:
Expecting your opponent to lay down before the clock expires has got to be one of the most entitled things I've ever heard of.

My point is that WSU should've put their second stringers in. If the Ducks second stringers can't stop WSU's, more power to them. Because if the Ducks had kept their starters in, too, the Cougs would be complaining about having 90 dropped on them and how the Ducks were low class for running up the score. Apparently it's a no-win proposition.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3m4rqw0i said:
pinksheets":3m4rqw0i said:

My point is that WSU should've put their second stringers in. If the Ducks second stringers can't stop WSU's, more power to them. Because if the Ducks had kept their starters in, too, the Cougs would be complaining about having 90 dropped on them and how the Ducks were low class for running up the score. Apparently it's a no-win proposition.
The Ducks' coaching staff doesn't get to decide when the game is over and thus dictate WSU's personnel moves, sorry. Maybe Leach should have put in the second stringers just to not risk an injury, but Oregon has zero right to expect him to do so. It's a silly, entitled complaint.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1g48vcvx said:
Surprise, Seatown is talking down the Ducks again! I'd almost respect him talking so much if the Huskies hadn't gotten blown out of the building. I mean, even the 49ers fan had the wherewithal to go away after losing.
I'm not talking down the Ducks, I'm pointing out the whining of one specific coach. And please tell me when I've talked trash about them before. I've been very upfront that Oregon is a better program than Washington.

Street

Reaction score
Are you clueless as to how Leach runs his offense? He throws the ball A LOT and I mean A LOT! He tied a team record for attempts a few weeks ago. His short screen passes are used instead of a running game. He considers a short 5 yard pass play the same as a 5 yd run. This has always been his offensive game plan. Why should he change his game plan because of a lopsided game, either way? If you wanted WSU to concede the game maybe you should have kneeled the ball down the entire 4th qtr as well. If you didn't like it maybe you should've stopped it. Isn't that what you would have said to the losing team? I'm also pretty sure that the first team D gave up over 400+ yards so it's not like your D was dominant leading up to the 4th qtr...Get over it, you sound like whiny babies after a blowout win. Try winning with a little class for once. Further if the only stat that matters is the W, then why did he keep bringing up stats in the press conf? Passing yds per attempt, rushing yards allowed, etc...?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pinksheets":1n0v2kti said:
Sarlacc83":1n0v2kti said:
pinksheets":1n0v2kti said:

The Ducks' coaching staff doesn't get to decide when the game is over and thus dictate WSU's personnel moves, sorry. Maybe Leach should have put in the second stringers just to not risk an injury, but Oregon has zero right to expect him to do so. It's a silly, entitled complaint.

So then why do other teams put in their second string when the Ducks do? Is it because they're entitled, or because it's good sportsmanship and it gives second stringers a chance to play on the field? If Leach doesn't want to do, that, fine, but don't expect me to ever call him classy. Not when he's already shown what kind of person he is at Texas Tech.

In fact, WSU fans should be completely non-surprised when Leach is fired in a couple years after another scandal or for keeping the program in the drain. He gives me Harbaugh chills except without the ability to mastermind a running game. It's fine if no one wants to admit that now when there's still hope he can turn the program around, but don't tell me that's not in the back of your collective minds. Because everyone rushed to defend Leach when he ran that one guy out of town, as though there was only one person in the right, then. Anyway, I'm moving on; the UCLA game is next.

pinksheets

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what other teams do, the point is you have no right to expect them to, and when you do, that's acting with a sense of entitlement. Oregon doesn't get to decide at which point is game is over, put in their backups and scrubs, and demand their opponents do the same. It's not complex.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Sarlaac, I think if you ever actually did a little research, you'd realize what an absolute crock of bs the Texas Tech scandal was. But cheers, its fun to be ignorant.

But yeah, I'm going to feel terrible about the high graduation rates and clean program he runs.

You mention the Marquis Wilson situation, but, as someone who actually knows what goes on in the WSU program, he was lazy and entitled years before Leach got there.

You have a non fact based axe to grind against Leach, which is funny, a lot of people do. I don't care, just know your bias isn't based in fact.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
seahawk2k":26hg951e said:
Sarlaac, I think if you ever actually did a little research, you'd realize what an absolute crock of bs the Texas Tech scandal was. But cheers, its fun to be ignorant.

But yeah, I'm going to feel terrible about the high graduation rates and clean program he runs.

You mention the Marquis Wilson situation, but, as someone who actually knows what goes on in the WSU program, he was lazy and entitled years before Leach got there.

You have a non fact based axe to grind against Leach, which is funny, a lot of people do. I don't care, just know your bias isn't based in fact.

Dammit, I forgot that Leach was involved in that particular scandal with James. I remember being pretty pissed at the situation back at the time. I'd like to apologize for messing that up, actually.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Via Oregon Athletic Communications

“The bottom line is, I'm sorry,” Aliotti said. “I'm embarrassed that I got caught up in the moment after the game. There's no excuse, but sometimes right after the game the adrenaline is still flowing and I made a huge, human error in judgment. I wish I could take it back, and I promise it won't happen again.

“I'd like to apologize to Mike Leach and Bill Moos (Washington State athletics director), Washington State and its fans, and Oregon and our fans.”

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1xlp5fr3 said:
Via Oregon Athletic Communications

“The bottom line is, I'm sorry,” Aliotti said. “I'm embarrassed that I got caught up in the moment after the game. There's no excuse, but sometimes right after the game the adrenaline is still flowing and I made a huge, human error in judgment. I wish I could take it back, and I promise it won't happen again.

“I'd like to apologize to Mike Leach and Bill Moos (Washington State athletics director), Washington State and its fans, and Oregon and our fans.”

perfectly reasonable..

but is anyone else getting tired of sports apologies? as douchey as all involved are, its so rare that we get to hear coaches and players say whats on their mind and go with it. i mean its not like he threatened to hurt someone, or belted out racial slurs.

oh well, it was fun little drama while it lasted

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 10m
Oregon DC Nick Aliotti has been reprimanded and fined $5000 by the PAC 12 for comments about WSU and officials.
Retweeted by Aaron Levine

:biggthumpup:

Christian Caple ‏@ChristianCaple 14m
No word yet on how much Leach will be fined for instructing his players to finish the fourth quarter.
Retweeted by Aaron Levine

Latest posts