Colts Wayne out for season with torn ACL

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I know, it's more NFL news worthy, but given that the Colts appear to be one of the four or so teams that might make it to the Super Bowl, I thought it was worth posting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... lts-season

"NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Reggie Wayne tore his ACL along with his meniscus, according to a source who spoke with the player. The 34-year-old's season is over."

McGruff

Reaction score
At 34 with as long a career as he's had, I'd consider retirement if I were him.

bigcc

Reaction score
on the plus side it happened after the 9ers played them

unfortunately same situation for us

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Feel bad for him. He was loyal to the Colts and stuck with them through their (short) rebuild and now he won't get to reap the rewards with another playoff run.

Hope he is able to bounce back to make one more run at the NFL if he wants to.

chawx

Reaction score
On a completely unrelated note, did anyone watch the post game interview on the field with Luck? I had never seen a press conference of his, or heard him speak once, so it was kind of a shock to me when I heard him talk.... compared to Wilson, although overly generic/robotic with is responses at times, Luck seems like he's mildly retarded.

That may sound harsh, I know, and I apologize if I offend anyone, but the guy just sounds really really dumb compared to Wilson.

Moral of the Story: I love our QB and wouldn't trade him for anyone.

--
PS. Sucks about Wayne. I liked that guy, hopefully he can come back from it, but given his age, he's probably done. :(

sc85sis

Reaction score
chawx":1hop96t9 said:
On a completely unrelated note, did anyone watch the post game interview on the field with Luck? I had never seen a press conference of his, or heard him speak once, so it was kind of a shock to me when I heard him talk.... compared to Wilson, although overly generic/robotic with is responses at times, Luck seems like he's mildly retarded.

That may sound harsh, I know, and I apologize if I offend anyone, but the guy just sounds really really dumb compared to Wilson.

--
PS. Sucks about Wayne. I liked that guy, hopefully he can come back from it, but given his age, he's probably done. :(

Luck studied architecture at Stanford. He's anything but dumb.

C-Dub

Reaction score
sc85sis":3da2e4os said:
chawx":3da2e4os said:

--

Luck studied architecture at Stanford. He's anything but dumb.
He still looks retarded and sounds retarded, but yeah, he ain't retarded.

Never go full retarded.
[youtube]1Y3FzVQi-R8[/youtube]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chawx":37tyfnk2 said:

--
Seemed articulate to me and he did graduate from Stanford so dumb he is not.

ColtsGuy

Reaction score
I hope Wayne makes a return, but honestly at his age, I could not blame him if he hung it up after this.

As for Luck during the interview, you can tell he didn't want to do it, and was annoyed with questions. I dont know who is smarter, but Luck is a stanford grad, was his high school valedictorian, and has a photo graphic memory, He also scored highest in draft on the wonderlic test, so I guess what im saying is, hes not dumb.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is by no means dumb. He's very smart. Especially when it comes to football. He is a bit of a pompous guy though. Just about every interview I've ever seen of him he looks annoyed and as if the questions being asked of him are stupid. Even when he gives Russell-like cliched answers it comes off as forced and as if he doesn't want to have to be saying it.

As Hawk fans, we're going to have to get used to just about every qb in the league failing to sound impressive in interviews. We watch RW on a weekly basis. It's pretty tough for other guys to match up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2luwbjsc said:
Andrew Luck is by no means dumb. He's very smart. Especially when it comes to football. He is a bit of a pompous guy though. Just about every interview I've ever seen of him he looks annoyed and as if the questions being asked of him are stupid. Even when he gives Russell-like cliched answers it comes off as forced and as if he doesn't want to have to be saying it.

As Hawk fans, we're going to have to get used to just about every qb in the league failing to sound impressive in interviews. We watch RW on a weekly basis. It's pretty tough for other guys to match up.

I've seen this too, but I attribute it to the fact that he is young and a kid that likely grew up smarter than everyone else around him. That in itself has to be awkward. Combine that with the fact he grew up the son of a (sh*tty) NFL QB, and it's not surprising he has a few quirks. Luck is one goofy mofo, but I wish I could buy stock in his future.

Sturm

Reaction score
Colts are screwed now. Wayne was their best receiver and the only one with any real playoff experience.

No way they get home field advantage now and no way they get past Denver if they go up against them in the playoffs.