Jerry Rice Versus Richard Sherman Rant

rsm650

Reaction score
How is this a big deal to anyone except Sherman himself? I can imagine Sherman in 2040 being asked if he could get beat by [insert future all-pro WR] when Sherman was still playing. He'd probably say no, then [insert future all-pro WR] would call out Sherman out on Twitter. Not anything wrong with it - just their competitive mindset.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Deon is easily the best cover corner I've seen play, followed by Revis pre-injury. Sherman is special and could be the best right now, but better than Primetime? That feels somehow.... Blasphemous?

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
plyka":2grxgwn5 said:
scutterhawk":2grxgwn5 said:
SeaTown81":2grxgwn5 said:
Jerry Rice is pretty much the best WR of recent memory. Why should he think that any corner could stop him? Come on now. This is silly.
Especially when he KNOWS he can't be disproven,, he's got his licks in, and then ran away from the fight.
Calvin Johnson is a damned freak, and one could only imagine what he'd have been like with someone like Montana, Young, Elway, Peyton Manning, or even Favre were throwing him the ball for Years and Years.
For as many Years as Rice played with Montana, and then Young in SF, he's bound to have racked up the numbers, but for him to stand himself up as the best there could ever could be is just stupid.
And one more fly in the ointment (for me anyhow) was him wearing a retired #80 Jersey while playing for the Seahawks, BECAUSE, he didn't do it the justice that it deserved.

There really is no question as to who is the GOAT. In football you have to look at their position as in who is the best ever at his position. There are a few players who you can say are better at their position more than any other player is better than anybody at their position. Two of those people are Rice and Deon, LOL, and both are somehow being dragged through the mud on this board.

Last post on the subject because I just cant take this type of talk any longer but there is no comparison between rice and megatron, its not even close. And there is absolutely no question between deon Sanders and Sherman, again not even close. In fact Sherman is most likely not even the best player I. His own secondary I think that goes to Thomas.

I think Walter Jones was better than Jerry Rice.

Vandelay

Reaction score
Man o man, Richard Sherman has been in the league for 3 freaking years. He is easily one of the top 3 corners in the league. This is coming from one of your Niner trolls. Harbs made the wrong decision not drafting him or trying to. Oh well it works out that way sometimes, but please dont compare this guy to Deon. He couldnt carry his Jock on the field as well as a guy like Darell Green who could it all as well. In 3 or 4 years then yeah maybe there can be talk, but after 2.5 seasons? Rice did it for the better part of 21 seasons. He has faced corners of all shapes and sizes, he probably didnt even find out Shermans name until last year. Its almost comical, Richard needs to shut down guys like TY Hilton before he goes back in time to try and shut down Rice. He isnt exactly setting the world on fire as of late. Many people on here say thank god that Aldon has Justin Smith, I say thank God Richard Sherman has Earl Thomas who makes him look so much better. Earl Thomas is the true star of the Seahawks. I would give an arm to have him. Sherm should write a thankyou note to him every week.

CEHawk

Reaction score
seahawkswin1":59mc5kbm said:
Also we are talking one on one not secondary vs Rice. This is why the good running teams are starting to make a comeback, it takes a secondary to stop great recievers and while everyone is worried about getting burned by the pass, teams like the Hawks, Ravens and Niners beat them up with the run.
That was one of my points, it is nearly impossible to know what corners today are capable of without their respective safeties. I guess a good question would be how good would Deion Sanders have been if he had Earl Thomas backing him up. Wow... I'd like to see that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nobody can contain the late great Jerry Rice!

Now that we're done talking about only his ego, I wonder how he'd do with Sherman in man coverage on him for a whole game, both in their primes.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Vandelay":2fszuy6b said:
Man o man, Richard Sherman has been in the league for 3 freaking years. He is easily one of the top 3 corners in the league. This is coming from one of your Niner trolls. Harbs made the wrong decision not drafting him or trying to. Oh well it works out that way sometimes, but please dont compare this guy to Deon. He couldnt carry his Jock on the field as well as a guy like Darell Green who could it all as well. In 3 or 4 years then yeah maybe there can be talk, but after 2.5 seasons? Rice did it for the better part of 21 seasons. He has faced corners of all shapes and sizes, he probably didnt even find out Shermans name until last year. Its almost comical, Richard needs to shut down guys like TY Hilton before he goes back in time to try and shut down Rice. He isnt exactly setting the world on fire as of late. Many people on here say thank god that Aldon has Justin Smith, I say thank God Richard Sherman has Earl Thomas who makes him look so much better. Earl Thomas is the true star of the Seahawks. I would give an arm to have him. Sherm should write a thankyou note to him every week.

Sherman isn't setting the world on fire as of late? Lol he is tied for #1 with 4 interceptions and most QB's won't even throw to his side of the field. I do agree with you on Earl though, he also has 4 interceptions. hmm :141847_bnono:

Dick Johnson

Reaction score
Largent should have paid Rice for the honor of the GOAT wearing his jersey. Sherman would be asking Jerry for his autograph, after he tried covering him, and Calvin Johnson would Neal down and kiss Rice's rings. This thread is a total joke that should be locked out of principle.