Niners raising money to put Billboard half mile from CLink

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
253hawk":13xqxati said:
NorCalHawk12":13xqxati said:
Chrome_Seahawk":13xqxati said:
This is actually dumb and will likely end up getting horribly vandalized - our flag flying over the city is more harmless (and original)

Harmless, yes. Not original. Giants fans did it over Dodger stadium. It's been done before. Not sayin' I don't like it...just that it's been done.

Except ours is strictly supporting the team; not bashing/mocking the opposition or its fan base. SF class for ya.

And the last time they won one, people were still renting VHS tapes. Good lord it's been forever.

Oh, absolutely...I think it was pathetic to bash the team. Ours is good-natured ribbing in their house. Not outright slander.

I think I might still have that VHS tape on Superbowl XXIX. That's 29. Nineteen Superbowls ago. Do the 49er fans still lament their 3 consecutive losses to the Cowboys in the early 70s. Or losing to the Cleveland Browns when they were in the All-American Football Conference?

Any NFC East fans out there? Can you confirm for me if the Cowboy fans shove their trophies in other's faces? Or Steelers trophies in their respective competitors? Just curious.

KK84

Reaction score
Cowboy fans call in to Philly radio stations several times a day to wave ancient rings in a rival's face. It's not just the whiners.

djb28

Reaction score
All this is really doing is adding fuel to the fire. Some fan will seriously get hurt at a game because of the childishness of it all. Some folks can not take it as a good ol ribbing. It always will escalate to the next level.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
KK84":17ukkkoh said:
Cowboy fans call in to Philly radio stations several times a day to wave ancient rings in a rival's face. It's not just the whiners.

Some of the very people bitching about it in this thread do it to Duck fans on a weekly basis. :) Its definitely not just 49er fans.

warden

Reaction score
In a battle of wits, the 49er fans are unarmed

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Maybe we should pay for a 49ers billboard all on our own up here. We can make it as lame as we want and everyone will think the 49er fans did it.

Just imagine driving to work every day and seeing a bill board that looks to be a feeble attempt by what everyone thinks is the niner fans. Something sickly pink-ish color instead of red, with a close up of Harbaugh and it might say something like...

"Hey 12s, Niner fans here...we can be loud too oooooh-aaaahhhh, ooohhhh- aaahhhhhh! "

The Radish

Reaction score
jamsomatic":2ijpx1bc said:
MysterMatt will climb that Billboard and put a sticker on it! Lol.

Get yo paintball guns ready, fellers! Lol

Matt put not one sticker but dozens. I wasn't there but have seen the video.

I agree something nasty might happen to that sign. It won't be a member of .net of course unless Alicia lets Mark out some night.

:D

Bryce84

Reaction score
This "How many rings/trophies do you have?" argument is beyond tired, particularly from the 49ers fans. They look at their rings and trophies and love to overlook the fact that they went 32 years as an NFL franchise before winning or even reaching a Super Bowl. Seattle was robbed of a Super Bowl after 29 years. We're at 37 years now with what looks like our best shot to win one. The difference isn't major enough that these guys should boast about this as their "go to" argument against anything Seahawks.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This is why I didn't like the brick and banner idea, you knew someone was going to fire back with something, and then its just going to be back and forth over and over again and get ridiculous.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Good grief, if they're going to do the billboard they REALLY need to come up with something better. The last ring they got was when their QB was in 1st grade, it's time for some new smack out of SF

ZagHawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1yhk25eb said:
Good grief, if they're going to do the billboard they REALLY need to come up with something better. The last ring they got was when their QB was in 1st grade, it's time for some new smack out of SF

Eh it's kind of like that movie scene where this kid was talking about Lebrun being the best and I think Jason Segal said MJ's got 6 rings and the kid said "that's all you got" and the answer was "that's all I need!". I'll admit it gets very tiring hearing the same argument over and over again, but you know it is still 5 rings and it's not like we even have 1 yet. Now if they were talking about 5 and we got 2 in the past decade, then it'd be VERY ridiculous. If anything they should just pull the fact they made the SB last year and we didn't. Bottom line all that shit doesn't matter anymore, lets see who wins this week and then who gets farther in the playoffs. I'd prefer we win this week, and then they get knocked out completely from the playoffs, and then we win the Superbowl. That would shut them up for about 1 minute until they come back with the 5 rings vs 1 ring response.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just can't help but laugh over their thinking that ANYTHING they did 20 plus years ago means squat to us of all people. To put it in another way, it was so long ago that I actually WANTED the Niners to win each and every one of those trophies. Those teams were one I genuinely admired and watched with the feeling that it was a special time in football.

Yet their fans use it as some sort of punch line or trump card.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Actually I consider it two separate things... I loved watching Joe Montana during those years and I can respect that team getting their rings (notice I said "their"). That said, that was a different era and this 49er team ISN'T that team, so they can't really brag how great THEY are and then bring up an accomplishment from other players, coaches, etc.

So hey we agree and we respect that accomplishment, it's great the old 49ers got your city some rings back in the day...but how are things going this year for this team? What's your record...what is your standing in the conference, what is your QB's stats, how about your special teams?

We are busy working on our first superbowl win and I say that with no shame at all, because this is a big deal for our city. Our Seahawks were all hand picked by our GM as guys that are really physical and really fast (and each have a "Chip" on their shoulders from being diss'd in some way). They are doing exactly what we want them to do, be physical, kick ass and be highly motivated to win games. I'd say we are right on plan.

You 49er fans can worry about your team and put off whatever vibe about being this or that, but fact is this year we have a better record than you and it's kind of hard to make us feel too bad, we are just enjoying watching what Pete and John have built up here.

Russell Wilson just tweeted..."we're going for one and o this weekend" got to love that. Proud to be a 12...Go Hawks!

Hawkboi

Reaction score
LymonHawk":uvtmzs1y said:
Bragging about trophies from 20 years ago, is like bragging about an erection you had 20 years ago...It don't matter a whole bunch today. ;)

I can totally agree it's all small talk now...... :229031_shrug:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":sz4kjhez said:
Sports Hernia":sz4kjhez said:
jamsomatic":sz4kjhez said:
MysterMatt will climb that Billboard and put a sticker on it! Lol.

Get yo paintball guns ready, fellers! Lol
Got 3 of those, I'd have to stock up on paint and co2 though. 8)

I've got a couple cases of paint sitting 3 feet away (good fill too). I've got your back, Hernia.
:th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3bkl8778 said:
It's all they GOT though. Just like it's all cow patties fans have! I deal with it at work every day from a bitter fan of Jerry's kids. I keep telling him 20-40 year old trophies won't help that choker Romo win one of his own.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Whatever let's build this into a great rivalry. I'm down. We don't like the 49ers and they don't like the seahawks. That's great! Makes the games all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.