Niners raising money to put Billboard half mile from CLink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laloosh

Reaction score
It might be very difficult to find an SPD officer willing to arrest someone for vandalizing that thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
They put up a billboard, Paul will put up a building to block it, small change to him :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1cfiaga3 said:
It might be very difficult to find an SPD officer willing to arrest someone for vandalizing that thing.
I imagine for anyone that does get arrested for defacing it, by the time it actually goes to trial, there's likely be some conspicuously missing evidence, too.

mirrikat45

Reaction score
Wouldn't they need permission to use images of the Lombardi trophy and NFL logos from the NFL?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If I were the company, I'd take the money and use the words, but then alter the image to have a shot of Chancellor knocking out Vernon Davis in the background.

RiverDog

Reaction score
djb28":whbaqbo2 said:
All this is really doing is adding fuel to the fire. Some fan will seriously get hurt at a game because of the childishness of it all. Some folks can not take it as a good ol ribbing. It always will escalate to the next level.

That's my worry, too. I like the billboard idea, it's a cute response to our hiring a plane to fly a banner over their stadium. But inevitably, some jerks will take it one step over the line and the emergency rooms will have some business.

Ever since our days in the AFC West, we've been wanting a true rivalry. I'd say that we finally got one.

Apeman00

Reaction score
This is Awesome. Fans trying to out due one another. Reminds me of some past high school/College rivals. Where else in the NFL does this happen? Can't wait to see what happens if we meet them in the off season.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":29l6271s said:
LymonHawk":29l6271s said:
Bragging about trophies from 20 years ago, is like bragging about an erection you had 20 years ago...It don't matter a whole bunch today. ;)
Thread win
Especially if that erection doesnt work anymore I.E the 49ers...Lets steal their mascot costume and go undercover

muxpux

Reaction score
1452308_234744903367807_1076846758_n.jpg

Rocket

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3jr24g3p said:
Good grief, if they're going to do the billboard they REALLY need to come up with something better. The last ring they got was when their QB was in 1st grade, it's time for some new smack out of SF
Can you be more specific? I'm sure he was in 1st grade a couple times.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I would bet that 90% of ninnie fans that bring up their 5 rings were not even out of diapers when the ninnies won their last one.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
The Radish":rb9aeq57 said:
jamsomatic":rb9aeq57 said:
MysterMatt will climb that Billboard and put a sticker on it! Lol.

Get yo paintball guns ready, fellers! Lol

Matt put not one sticker but dozens. I wasn't there but have seen the video.

I agree something nasty might happen to that sign. It won't be a member of .net of course unless Alicia lets Mark out some night.

:D

Love ya Les but that's not how it happened.

It was 2 stickers, and there was no video. I know because I was there. Matt, bestfightstory, and myself were walking on a side street in San Francisco when we saw this bill board with ole stupid Singletary on it.
Matt decided to climb it and put the stickers up on the billboard.

This is stuff of legend and is what COMMUNITY is all about.

Mini SanFranTrip041 1

Mini SanFranTrip042 1

Mini SanFranTrip043 1

Mini SanFranTrip045 1

Mini SanFranTrip046 1

plyka

Reaction score
illmatik":24ti6lhl said:

WHAHAAHHAHAHA...Hawk fans do something ORIGINAL with flying the banner and then these idiots come out with this, lol. A note to niner fans, please don't copy EVERYTHING Seahawk fans do. SEahawk fans create the best home environment, niner fans pass out an email on "how to cheer," it may as well have been called "how to create a home environment like the Seahawks have, this is what the Seahawk fans do, so please copy them and do the same for the 49ers." Next the Hawk fans get the banner to fly over the stick, niner fans in all their unoriginality have to "do something" so they get a bill board.

Can any niner fans reading this, please send this message to your fanbase: DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL AND STOP COPYING THE 12th MAN! You are NOT the 12th man and you'll never be the 12th man!

plyka

Reaction score
kinesmajor":gl1ghqhv said:
That's kinda funny. Like England talking about all her colonies. Live in the past a little?

In all fairness to 49er fans, we would be doing the same thing. It is OBVIOUS that the Seahawks are now the #1 team in the NFL, the niners are somewhere in the middle of the pack. The Hawks are RISING while the NINERs are NOT and will not even win their division much less the SuperBowl as long as the Seahawks are like this.

So, what do you do? Well, you can't talk about how good you are NOW so you have to talk about how good you were when Montana was your QB. Who cares if most of us were in diapers at the time, those were the "good ole days."

TLD0550

Reaction score
Well they raised enough cash to put it up, I cant wait to see how long it takes to deface and how it was done. :49ersmall: :0190l: :thirishdrinkers:

HansGruber

Reaction score
Goddam, that's just pathetic.

The worst part about this for 49er fans will be if the Seahawks actually win a Superbowl this year, and that is looking pretty darn possible. I mean... is it even possible to have smack blow up in your face any worse? That would literally make the Niners fanbase the laughing stock of the NFL.

ESPECIALLY after we beat them here on our way to the Superbowl.

Comedy gold.

gulliver

Reaction score
They can have their billboard talking about their success 20+ years ago.

I'd rather have a Lombardi in my case for the 2013 season.

Frankly, so would they.

Status
Not open for further replies.