Who is our fastest DB?

HawaiiD

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3plxnrwv said:
Brandon Browner still doesn't get enough mention, the guy is fast when he INT's a ball, Kam tripped him once on an INT because Browner caught him so fast.

Earl and Sherman are both fast.

I just re-watched Super Bowl XL, all our DB's are faster than the players we had then. Watching Willie Parker run 80 yards for a TD would never happen against this team.

I didn't look it up... But wasn't
Willie Parker one of the fastest running backs in the NFL at that
Time? may also be a track guy too?

But he look awfully fast on that
80 yard run.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Speed can be kind of odd to calculate, as you have different kinds.

Thomas and Lane are not only high top end speed, but quick and have great acceleration.

Sherman is noted as one of the best in the league with his make up speed. He doesn't have elite burst or acceleration from a standstill, which is why he ran a 4.5, but once he gets going, he gets there fast. An example is that pass deflection in last year's playoffs against Roddy White. White was open by 7 yards and once that ball was in the air, Sherm caught him and knocked it down. And Ryan didn't underthrow that ball either.

Browner is the same way. He ran a 4.6, but he was also clocked faster than that in college. He's fast, but doesn't get going right away which is why quicker WRs can hurt him, but also why he catches AP in 40 yards when AP runs a legit 4.4 forty. Then look at his INT's....he usually gets to the house if he just has to outrun people.

Thurmond is a legit low 4.4 guy. He's fast and quick.

I think I read somewhere that Maxwell is 4.4 as well, but a higher 4.4

I think Chancellor clocked at a 4.5 or 4.6. He seems to play about that speed but usually doesn't have a problem hanging with TE's with inline speed. He doesn't change direction really quickly though.

Irvin runs a legit 4.4 forty and he changes direction FAST. He's probably honestly faster than Chancellor, Sherman and maybe Maxwell. He's also got amazing burst from a standstill.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
If i remember correctly from one of the countless videos and tweets was something like.
Rickardo locket.
Jeremy lane,
Percy harvin
Earl Thomas,

I thought i heard somewhere that in a foot race at practice locket out ran everyone.