2014 "next year" schedule questions

drdiags

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":wybdoxcd said:
Why do we play one team in the NFC North at home two years in a row?

Probably how we ended up playing in Chicago 3 out of 4 years. I think there are schedule forecasts that go out for 5-6 years based on the NFL Scheduling algorithm but I never understood why those Chicago games happened like they did. Figured they would alternate.

kidhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":e3hx6w1h said:
seahawk12thman":e3hx6w1h said:
Why do we play one team in the NFC North at home two years in a row?

Probably how we ended up playing in Chicago 3 out of 4 years. I think there are schedule forecasts that go out for 5-6 years based on the NFL Scheduling algorithm but I never understood why those Chicago games happened like they did. Figured they would alternate.

The way the schedule works is that the home/away alternating is based on what postion you are in, and not which teams, so for those two games, you can play the same team in the same city multiple years, by finishing in different positions....with the Bears, sometimes we were matching with them as 2nd seed, sometimes as 3rd seed...it just varied, thus always getting them at home.

Last year, we were 2nd in seeding, next year we'll be first, so we get the home game both times. It's an anomaly in the schedule but it's not really a big deal overall IMO

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Looking forward to our team laying an ass whippin' on the Raiders. Although I like them and always have since the old AFL days before the Hawks came into existence (ditto the Chiefs and especially the Chargers), I have a lot of relatives and friends that are Oakland fans and I will wallow in my team puttin' it to theirs.

Subzero717

Reaction score
kidhawk":3o0qzu6c said:
pmedic920":3o0qzu6c said:
CALIHAWK1":3o0qzu6c said:
San Diego road trip.

If New Orleans wins the NFCS and we win our Div. that means the saints would be an away game. The city of New Orleans is a great place to visit. Lots of fun stuff and the food is incredible.

Great place for fans to visit, but not so friendly to opposing teams....Although I think we can play with anyone anywhere, I'll still root a little harder for the Panthers this weekend now

Mainly to division fans. Raids, Donkeys. I'm not too concerned. If there is a good group, no worries.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Largent80":1ivhauiz said:
CALIHAWK1":1ivhauiz said:
Largent80":1ivhauiz said:
CALIHAWK1":1ivhauiz said:
San Diego road trip.

^....you can have Philly, Ima San Diego bound.

Me too. I think it should be the official trip but with no BFS, the official trip may be a thing of the past.

Did BFS die?

That's the rumor. Ice skating/oragami accident.

Largent80

Reaction score
I knew it. He said he was giving up oragami for sumo wrestling, but he fell off the wagon.

irocdave

Reaction score
Man I was really hoping the Stealers would come to town again next year. Eh, maybe it's for the best. I want to see the Hawks tear that team apart when they don't suck.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Touring for GB to somehow win the NFC north. Would love to have another MNF Game against them. But Chi would be the easier win.

kf3339

Reaction score
pmedic920":eo7yosds said:
Throwdown":eo7yosds said:
At this moment in time those opponents look like straight up gravy for us.

That's a fairly rough away schedule if you ask me. Could be worse,yes. But not easy by any means.

Isn't that what people on this board were saying before the season began this year?

KK84

Reaction score
kf3339":9qwjwvsc said:
pmedic920":9qwjwvsc said:
Throwdown":9qwjwvsc said:

That's a fairly rough away schedule if you ask me. Could be worse,yes. But not easy by any means.

Isn't that what people on this board were saying before the season began this year?

Yep, you never know how tough it's gonna be. Our schedule this year looked to be one of the hardest I've ever seen, and it obviously didn't turn out that way.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Throwdown":offhudgz said:

Championship !

Seriously, we get to feast on the NFC (L)East ?!? C'mon, we know that the Redskins and Cowboys are literally incapable of getting any better, regardless of the year. Both franchises are a dumpster fire.

We also get the Raiders. Will be some fun rematches with the Broncos and Chiefs, and SD can be dangerous at home. We'll see how our defense stacks up next year for sure.