NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
If expansion comes, we have to be prepared to wait til the Milwaukee situation is resolved, it looks very very bleak in Milwaukee though, so did Sacramento. But Silver doesn't exactly have a pet city to save like Stern did.

dunceface

Reaction score
wouldn't we be waiting on the kings in that case too?
if their house of cards arena deal falls through wouldn't that mean they could be up for relocation again?
not that I'm holding my breath for that, I personally think expansion is probably the most likely avenue right now

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1zbfstco said:
If Expansion is the answer then forget it. The league is already a watered down unwatchable product.

I honestly wouldn't know, haven't watched an NBA game since the Sonics left. But that would change if they were resurrected.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The league has been unwatchable for the last 2 decades IMHO. The root cause.. David Stern, his superstar calls and FIXED officiating (see refs scandal a few years back), to letting established team in a major market leave for smaller hick town, to buying a failed arena plan that will never work in Sacramento, to a clearly broken business model.

Besides the NHL coming as a result the only reason I'd support the Sonics return is Chris Hanson. He'll be a great owner. I hate the NBA and the troglodyte that currently runs it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I know this thread is 163pg long but since I'm new to NET and was a Sonics fan..I have to add..I was there when we had Spencer Haywood,Slick Watts and Downtown Brown..I remember breaking our family tv when we lost a tough series to the Lakers in the playoffs the year after we won the NBA title..Those were some great years to be a Sonic fan for sure ..I moved and stayed a fan and here comes that sneaky rat Stern and his buddies to ruin it for all Seattle fans..I have refused to see any NBA game since and unlike others I don't want them back in Seattle..There is just no way to right that kind of wrong.Sure you could pony up
over a billion dollars in taxpayers money to justify getting an expansion team and naming them the Sonics but they never will be the Sonics and I will not root for them..We had a team for 40+ years till they were stolen..That was the Sonics(rip) The NBA is gone for me..I welcome the NHL and anything else but the NBA they don't deserve Seattle..GO HAWKS!!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":rgluodv0 said:
The league has been unwatchable for the last 2 decades IMHO. The root cause.. David Stern, his superstar calls and FIXED officiating (see refs scandal a few years back), to letting established team in a major market leave for smaller hick town, to buying a failed arena plan that will never work in Sacramento, to a clearly broken business model.

Besides the NHL coming as a result the only reason I'd support the Sonics return is Chris Hanson. He'll be a great owner. I hate the NBA and the troglodyte that currently runs it.
What about fixing the 85 lottery? Click on the Three Days story in my signature.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Was that the envelope in the freezer trick? So Stern or whomever drew it just picked the cold Knicks envelope?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jlpm59h said:
Was that the envelope in the freezer trick? So Stern or whomever drew it just picked the cold Knicks envelope?

Yes, and also theory is that one of the corners on the envelope can be seen as folded or bent.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
A couple envelopes were bent on insertion into the lottery basket, making them uniquely recognizable, and when (lifetime Knicks fan) Stern reached in for the first overall pick he went right for one of the bent ones and voila! The Knicks win the lottery! They got HOF C Patrick Ewing.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":1azfumqh said:
Cuz baseball sucks and I literally have no interest in hockey or soccer.

Have you watched an eastern conference game lately? Honestly, with the Blazers playing well I was ready to jump on the wagon only to find out that Uncle Paul for some reason has decided that they be blacked out in the Seattle area on anything not nationally televised. Including NBA league pass. That was my last straw.

Throwdown

Reaction score
There's no point in showing blazer games in the Seattle market, no one cares. It's still green and gold territory out here, chumps from Oregon aren't welcome. PA understands this.

I haven't watch many games yet this year from either conference, with me being busy with work and other stuff. It's easy for a casual fan to bitch about the product, but it's still fun to watch for some of the leftover die hard NBA fans. Not saying you're one or the other, just assuming based off your history of posts in threads like this one.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":3b06nzjp said:
There's no point in showing blazer games in the Seattle market, no one cares. It's still green and gold territory out here, chumps from Oregon aren't welcome. PA understands this.

I haven't watch many games yet this year from either conference, with me being busy with work and other stuff. It's easy for a casual fan to bitch about the product, but it's still fun to watch for some of the leftover die hard NBA fans. Not saying you're one or the other, just assuming based off your history of posts in threads like this one.

I was, but no longer. I tuned out for the most part to regular season when the Sonics left. Too many reasons to mention really. I grew up in the 80-90s. Its clearly not the same.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Throwdown":2a9kynjy said:
Cuz baseball sucks and I literally have no interest in hockey or soccer.
You "literally" have no interest???!!!?? ARE YOU SERIOUS!???? LITERALLY!!!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.