Why the Hawks will blowout the Broncos

OP
OP
plyka

plyka

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1lah36f1 said:
You could be on to something Plyka.

For me this is a slightly more difficult rematch of Atlanta vs Seattle in 2012.

Put Clemons, Avril, and Bennett in that game, the Falcons would have stood no chance.

I don't have the balls to predict a blow-out because I feel if the Seahawks start out hot, and Broncos don't, the refs will find the littlest of things to put the fire out. And even out the momentum.

However, I look at the Broncos defense and its built very similar to ours, except it doesn't have the talent and depth we have. We simply have better players across the board. The only player they have that is betters than ours in a mirrored comparison even if Denver's D was at full health is Von Miller over Bruce Irvin.

So our defense can simulate theirs very well and unfortunately for them their lack of depth is going to be their ultimate downfall. Seahawks have one of the most physical teams in the league, Wilson can wear you down with his mobility and the running game can wear down even the toughest defense when the O-Line is rolling and the Beast Mode is looking to feast.

If we WIN it will be because we totally dominate the 2nd Half.

I think Wilson will be huge in this game. He needs to get his head out of his you know what. In this game we need him to have the aggressiveness of Kaepernick --in the times he decides to run. I don't know what exactly has come over him, but he has left that part of his game completely out of the mix for the last 6-7 weeks. Now is the time to bring it out. There were countless times against San Fran when he could have picked up PLENTY of yards and instead he decides to chill out behind the line of scrimmage. On the very first play of the game, Aldon was getting blocked by the TE, he had acres of room in front of him, all he had to do was beat Aldon to the corner which he easily could have done. Instead he decided to do nothing and fumbled the ball. On the 3rd and semi long where he gets the ball to Baldwin on an almost intercepted pass --again, here he had acres of space and decided not to run.

If you're going to beat Denver, Russell will need to take advantage of his legs which completely change this offense into multi-dimensional. This Denver defense is NOT San Fran, they are not even the Saints --this Denver defense can be had. I truly believe Kaep would have put up 150 yards rushing in the SB. Wilson needs to do the same --perhaps not in yardage, but those 3rd and 8 downs where no one is open, he needs to pick up the first down.

Regarding the refs, they will call it straight up. The Hawks lucked into something --everyone has been talking about their offensive pass intereference plays, otherwise known as their "pick plays." Refs I think at least attempt to call it even, but subconcious factors do weigh on their mind.

Largent80

Reaction score
Wilson has his head where?

Oh, thats right, he threw a bunch of perfect passes last Sunday. And, looky looky, he gets a defense he can exploit.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Google "How to Beat Peyton Manning." The results look like a blueprint for the Seahawks defense.

Disrupt his timing by jamming his receivers at the line of scrimmage (and beyond).

Get physical with his receivers and execute on the pass rush instead of relying on exotic schemes.

Make him uncomfortable in the pocket with your 4 D-linemen, without relying on the blitz.

Take advantage of turnovers.

If that is what it takes to beat Peyton, then our defense was custom built for the job.

Physical defense that relies on execution instead of scheming. For whatever scoring issues we have suffered this year, we have done very well scoring off of turnovers. We netted 82 points off turnovers this year while Denver netted -14.

Our offense just needs to stick to the plan. Pound it out, grind the clock, ball control, and capitalize on the turnovers that the defense gives them.

-bsd

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I felt like we won the Super Bowl when Sherman tipped that pass. The 49ers are like a team custom designed to counter the Seahawks (and to some extent, that is what they did)

We are a team almost custom built to be great against a team like Denver.

That being said, Manning is a football genius, and he will find weaknesses to exploit. I just don't he's seen a team like us all year and by the time he adjusts we will have an insurmountable lead.

Expect us to have a decent lead at half-time (10-14 points) have manning close the gap somewhat; but we hold on. I'm going to say.

Hawks 33

Donkeys 27

OP
OP
plyka

plyka

Reaction score
Who called it? Plyka Called it! It's funny how so many people on this board could see why the Hawks were at such an advantage against the Broncos, and yet 80% of ESPN "experts" got it completely backwards.

OP
OP
plyka

plyka

Reaction score
JimZornsCorn":3hujdj1w said:
plyka, can you give me the powerball numbers for the next drawing?

LOL...I just read through 90 pages of the game thread on Orange Mane, and it just became SWEETER. Humans are such disgusting creatures, getting so much enjoyment out of their tears makes me feel like a 5 year old!

Of course if it was more of a serious matter, I wouldn't be enjoying it as much, lol.

Start on page 17 or so.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread ... 72&page=35

Largent80

Reaction score
Largent80":24iji7ty said:
I got a 60" Vizio, which had the best picture by far of all I looked at for $799. Not trying to hijack the thread, just sayin I'll enjoy the blowout on my new tv.

And it looked Really good. It looked so good, I am going to watch it again tonight