Current Coaching Staff 2010 (UPDATED 10:00pm 1/25/10)

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
Gray new DB coach
Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:14 am

Re: Gray new DB coach
Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 am
  • Fantastic news!!!
    RockinHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:21 am
  • Very happy about this.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:22 am
  • 652cHAWK wrote:Very happy about this.

No more Marmie.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:25 am
  • Very Very Happy about this - our coaching staff has shaped up to be what I believe one of the best in the league - in a very short time. Between the veteran presence of Gibbs, Gray and Brown and the relative youth of Bates, Bradley and Quinn (youth in the flow of new ideas I feel) - the staff is already head and shoulders above most in the league.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:29 am
  • Too be honest, I don't know much about Gray and if Carroll thinks he can work with him that's enough for me. But I will tell you what I do know, LaRon Landry has gotten noticeably worse. It could be the player, but it could also be the coach. Time will tell.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:30 am
  • This is an outstanding hire! Gray has been very effective at both Buffalo and Washington D.C., I think he can get our secondary back on track.
    Mckinja
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:38 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:Too be honest, I don't know much about Gray and if Carroll thinks he can work with him that's enough for me. But I will tell you what I do know, LaRon Landry has gotten noticeably worse. It could be the player, but it could also be the coach. Time will tell.

I think it's the player.. Landry has the most aggressive style of almost any safety I've watched, and he is prone to biting on play action and pump fakes. Matt Hasselbeck punked him pretty good back in the 2007 playoff season, and it looks like folks have been gameplanning similarly ever since.

Sometimes you can get a guy's number once there's enough film on them.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:47 am
  • TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:Very Very Happy about this - our coaching staff has shaped up to be what I believe one of the best in the league - in a very short time. Between the veteran presence of Gibbs, Gray and Brown and the relative youth of Bates, Bradley and Quinn (youth in the flow of new ideas I feel) - the staff is already head and shoulders above most in the league.

Don't forget Ken Norton, Jr.
    RockinHawks
    NET Starter

• This is a way to put a coaching staff together. A solid mix of up and comers with those who are experienced. It's too bad that Solari didn't want to stick around.

Jim Mora, are you observing this? You stuck a fork in your Seahawk career by those ridiculous choices you made (I'm talking about primarily the offense coordinator).
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• i'm very happy with this staff...i've been on the fence with the PC selection, I got over excited over mora's enthusiastic introductory presser and thought we would bounce back so now i'm slightly jaded and don't want to put the cart first, but so far carroll has assembled an amazing staff, it's starting to look like very good things will come soon
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• I'm really liking the way the staff is shaping up, especially Ken Norton Jr. I'm excited to see what kind of mental attitude he can install in Curry, Lofa, Hill, Heater and the others. Would love to see some tough linebacker play :D
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• Looks like great things are a comeing.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Not so fast on Gray, as per KFFL HOTW

"Seahawks | Gray says he has not yet signed
    Comment (0)
    Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:18:41 -0800
    Updating a previous item, Jason Reid, of The Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins secondary coach Jerry Gray said reports of his hiring by the Seattle Seahawks are a bit premature. Gray said, "I do have an offer from Seattle to be their secondary coach, and it's a one-of-a-kind offer, but I have not signed yet. I'm not waiting for any particular reason, but with the holiday it hasn't happened yet. I'm not saying it won't happen."
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Gray's DBs came up with 8 interceptions last season.

That was tied with the Raiders and better than the Lions, and Rams. At least we aren't getting those teams' DB coaches.
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

• mike Nolan leaves denver.....he could have done a great job with our D
    glasgow seahawks
    NET Starter

• The Seahawks are getting a new Strength and Conditioning coach, right?!
    -Tony R.
    ToeKnee9699
    NET Bench Warmer

• ToeKnee9699 wrote:The Seahawks are getting a new Strength and Conditioning coach, right?!

This is what I've been waiting on.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• Good work on this thread Blue/Green!
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• VaporHawk wrote:Gray's DBs came up with 8 interceptions last season.

That was tied with the Raiders and better than the Lions, and Rams. At least we aren't getting those teams' DB coaches.

it seems like this is a slam of sorts at gray, kinda like he's not the WORST possible, which isn't much of a compliment. while the picks aren't there i guess, look at washington's rank as a pass defense all around, which improved measurably each season that he was there. total yards given up in the air means more to me than number of picks. if i'm not mistaken the skins were 23rd in pass defense (yds/game) in the league when he came aboard, and at the time of his exit this year they ranked 8th.
    ariel9302
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:Good work on this thread Blue/Green!

Thanks bro. Just trying to stay up on things as they happen so we're all on the same page!

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• Still no word on the strength and conditioning coaches? They still have them listed on their site...ughhhh
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• what happened to Kippy Brown? All the "official" sites say we are still looking for WR coach.
    hawaiiseahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Blue/Green I quess you can add Sherman Smith RB Coach now.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• HarbingerofSorrow wrote:Hmmmmmmm......any rumours on the strength and conditioning coaching possibilities?

This is SO important.

I think it is...we've had a lot of the same non-contact injuries the last four years. Obliques one year, lower back another year hamstrings etc.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• I wonder if Mike Woicik is available. He would solve a lot of problems.
    palatypus
    NET Veteran

• Mike Phair is gone. He was told he wasn't being brought back. That sucks, he was a cool guy and worked well with Quinn, who was brought back.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• SharkHawk wrote:Mike Phair is gone. He was told he wasn't being brought back. That sucks, he was a cool guy and worked well with Quinn, who was brought back.

So it was Phair who your family knows? Hate to see anyone lose a job, especially when there are young kids to raise. I hope he is able to land on his feet soon. Unemployment stinks.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Yes it was. He never had a bad word to say about the Seahawks or anybody within the organization. His dream in life was to continue coaching for the Seahawks until he retired. Sure it was probably not realistic, but he felt like he had found a home there and his children loved the area, he loved the organization/players/co-workers, they were content. They treated him really well. He hoped that someday he could work his way up to being their head coach (who doesn't in the coaching world of course). But Mike is a class act. I feel bad because it really hits home when something like that happens. I am really torn as I love my Seahawks. But what a downer it is that he wasn't kept around. He is a great man.

A lot of the info I got on the organization that would seem critical would come from anybody BUT Mike. He is a good man and a real company man. The Seahawks are worse off without him I think, even if they had moved him to another role within the organization. He loved the organization. But that isn't the deciding factor most times unfortunately. I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• According to PFT Rams O-line coach Art Valero is interviewing with the Seahawks. He has experience as an o-line, running backs, and tight-end coach. He would most likely be an assistant o-line coach here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -seahawks/
    Leave No Doubt - 24/7
    emurri
    NET Rookie

• palatypus wrote:I wonder if Mike Woicik is available. He would solve a lot of problems.

He's on the NE Patriots staff - http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coaches

Mike Clark must be a great salesman. I don't know how he still has a job. Not wishing anyone to get fired but the Seahawks have had some problems with health and conditioning the past several years. So he should be evaluated and change should be considered.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Chris Carlisle = Strength & Conditioning Coach
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

• This is sure shaping up to be one hell of a staff! Well done Pete!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Looks good so far that's for certain. I am not sure how to feel about all this. I want to get excited but something is holding me back.
    Inkdaub
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Inkdaub wrote:Looks good so far that's for certain. I am not sure how to feel about all this. I want to get excited but something is holding me back.

I feel the exact same way. All this positive media buzz finally and the only thing i can do is wait to see if it pans out. I believe we have attained guys that are masters at there craft and hope they can project that down to the players this year. After watching some of 2J and Forsett highlights, the inside zone blocking looked to have picked up late in the season and that was with the student cpach of the ZBS. Now that Alex Gibbs is in, the inside run can only get better. Now what to do about the Outside Zone?
    abqseahawkfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    Offensive Coordinator - Jeremy Bates (former USC OC) OFFICIAL

Ahh, an old timer!
    :shock:
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy" - Josey Wales
    OldKingDoom
    NET Veteran

• this looks like a quality group.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Previous

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information