Follow .NET on Twitter and Facebook!

RockHawk

Reaction score
Now there are two new ways to keep up with the community here at .NET.

Twitter
Follow http://twitter.com/seahawksnet on twitter and it will "tweet" you every time a new topic is opened in the main forum, as well as giving you some interesting Seahawk factoids and other news. You can also catch me tweeting about breaking news, rumors I hear, and other interesting stuff. Twitter user is @seahawksnet

Facebook
Become a fan of Seahawks.NET on facebook by clicking here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SeahawksNET/230168767458 or simply do a search for Seahawks and you'll see .NET in the groups.
Follow in the same way as twitter by becoming a fan on facebook, you'll see new topics as they are opened as well as chat with community members and other fans in facebook!

Thanks to all of you for your continued support, and look for more exciting stuff to come over the next year, including a draft party with a streaming audio draft roundtable that you can take part in! Also, big thanks to .NET's very own AKSeahawkfan (Bob Cortez) for setting all of this up as an online business proof of concept. If you like what you see and would like to speak with Bob about "socially networking" your business, look him up at http://akmysticventures.com/ .

Thanks everyone, look for new graphics with the twitter and facebook links right on the top header and front page, and more to come on the Draft Party! GO SEAHAWKS!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'll be adding the facebook page but I'm scared what my tweet page would look like with a tweet for every new topic lol

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":vnmm9ro8 said:
I'll be adding the facebook page but I'm scared what my tweet page would look like with a tweet for every new topic lol

For right now, there's hardly anything showing up since not a lot of new topics are being created, but just wait until around draft time, then yea... might get a little crowded.

kidhawk

Reaction score
yeah, that's true Rockhawk...btw, thanks for doing an awesome job in the smooth transition the site has seen going from Todd to you. It's still just as great as ever.

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":dxfgfyd9 said:
yeah, that's true Rockhawk...btw, thanks for doing an awesome job in the smooth transition the site has seen going from Todd to you. It's still just as great as ever.

Thank you David. Coming from a longtime member like you, I really appreciate that.

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
Good deal Mark, any way on facebook to add our board names so we know who is who? I already added all the fellas I know, just wondering if this is possible somehow.

Rat

Reaction score
What's that leader board thing on facebook? Whatever it is, we're only 11th place in the NFC.

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
Rat":1r5qwizx said:
What's that leader board thing on facebook? Whatever it is, we're only 11th place in the NFC.

Ignore it; it's some facebook game app that you can play, and it rates by users, ect. It gets automated because of our affiliation with an NFL team.

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
YaktownHawK":2lfan01w said:
Good deal Mark, any way on facebook to add our board names so we know who is who? I already added all the fellas I know, just wondering if this is possible somehow.

I don't think so, that would be pretty cool though!

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
YaktownHawK":1cmv89b9 said:

The only way I've found so far is to add your .NET board name to your profile. I added mine in the About Me section of Personal Information. Of course I have to accept you as a friend so you can see, so it's not a great solution. I'll look for an application that might help us with that.

muxpux

Reaction score
i became a fan, but am quickly finding out im probably gonna end up "hiding" the posts from the group. only cause i dont want my homepage overrun with topics im already seeing in my other window, hahaha.

the freakin Blazers fan page is bad enough as it is, constantly posting crap i dont care about. it just floods my wall.

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
muxpux":13kr5vuz said:
i became a fan, but am quickly finding out im probably gonna end up "hiding" the posts from the group. only cause i dont want my homepage overrun with topics im already seeing in my other window, hahaha.

the freakin Blazers fan page is bad enough as it is, constantly posting crap i dont care about. it just floods my wall.

Yea, this is a good point and one I'm going to be asking Bob about... it seems that both go for days with nothing, then spit out 10 new topics all at once, spamming the stream... I envisioned it as a more controlled, real-time flow of new topics.. it's still a work in progress folks.

drdiags

Reaction score
muxpux":3khcfkqb said:

Could create a list for these type of pages and not have your newsfeed be your default displayed list on your wall. I have family as my main visible wall, and when I want to see what folks I associated with the Seahawks are doing (.NET, Sando, .NETters etc), I click that list. Made the mistake of getting hooked on Mafia Wars when I wasn't working, now I have 5K folks I don't know that I try avoid seeing all the crap they are spewing.