Star Wars - The Old Republic - NDA Lifted!

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Roland I don't think that you can play with other factions, at least the guilds are only Imperial and Republic. If I am wrong I would love a link.

I looked today for specs sammy and I can't find any.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
No minimum specs yet. They confirmed no release date or pre-order info coming at E3, by the way. They did say a while back that you'll be able to run the game on older machines, though; but that generally just means you can lower graphics settings quite a bit. :)

@Fud: I was told that by someone in the beta a long time ago. After asking a couple of other people, apparently that is not actually the case. Damnit! Apparently it really is separate like alliance and horde in WoW. Your guild is either Imperial or Republic, and no classes of the other faction are allowed into it. Bah. I really hate the severe lack of official info on this game right now......rumor has it you can talk to people on the other faction but not group with them or guild with them.

<sigh>

Smurf

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":59jersz0 said:
No minimum specs yet. They confirmed no release date or pre-order info coming at E3, by the way. They did say a while back that you'll be able to run the game on older machines, though; but that generally just means you can lower graphics settings quite a bit. :)

@Fud: I was told that by someone in the beta a long time ago. After asking a couple of other people, apparently that is not actually the case. Damnit! Apparently it really is separate like alliance and horde in WoW. Your guild is either Imperial or Republic, and no classes of the other faction are allowed into it. Bah. I really hate the severe lack of official info on this game right now......rumor has it you can talk to people on the other faction but not group with them or guild with them.

<sigh>

Thats what I thought.

Everyone in my group of friends is picking a character on each side, Republic and Imperial. We will then have a formal vote as to which we will play.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
My big problem is I am starting nights again so I will only be able to play at nights when no one is awake.

Smurf

Reaction score
Fudwamper":3jwessdr said:
My big problem is I am starting nights again so I will only be able to play at nights when no one is awake.

dude....its an MMORPG....People are online ALL the time.

My roommate plays until 7am some days

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, time of day doesn't matter much in an MMO, lol.

Since the guild I'll be in is Imperial, I have to figure out what to be, since I was going to be a Gunslinger...Hrmph.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":w2qojymy said:
Yeah, time of day doesn't matter much in an MMO, lol.

Since the guild I'll be in is Imperial, I have to figure out what to be, since I was going to be a Gunslinger...Hrmph.

Bounty Hunter - Mercenary.... you can still dual wield pistols it looks like

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, I was really looking forward to the gunslinger moniker, though; considering my namesake, and all; and the gunslinger LOOKS like a gunslinger a lot more than the mercenary.

I really need beta access, lol. :( I'm sad that I've not gotten in, despite registering for it the day it opened. (which crashed their site, too)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2nt7qc42 said:
I was really into SWG from day one, enjoyed it until like Snohomie mentioned, Sony went full retard on it and ruined it. And ever since then, I've wanted another Star Wars mmorpg to come along.

I was also playing SWG on Day One. Eclipse server. Big-time recruiter for my guild. Then all the Jedi (and unbalanced combat medics) came in and ruined everything, upon which Sony completely overreacted and destroyed the combat part of it. Unconscionable.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I was a wookie Master Creature Handler, I got my ass handed to me in pvp. Only time I would partake in that was when I was with my guild and we were attacking our nemesis guild's city, or they were attacking our city. That was fun stuff, even though we usually lost. We did make a very cool city though.

I miss my creature handler and all my pets, hand picked everyone of those baby's and raised 'em myself... ah good times. Found this interesting video, I remember most of those creatures, and had a lot of them as pets at one time or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATZ3UXGenv8&NR=1

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
I've been stoked on this for awhile now. Watched my friend play it at PAX last year, and I've been signed up for beta since they had a signup page on the website. Still haven't been picked either :(

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I bought a 3-day Pax pass for this August. I'm stoked about being able to play it there. 8)

Anyone who is thinking about playing SWTOR, should play through Dragon Age/Dragon Age II. The use of storytelling in those games is amazing, and will be similarly used in SWTOR.

six sigma

Reaction score
I've been following this game's development closely since I first heard about it and will definitely be a smuggler/gunslinger for my first go at it. It will be my first MMO, so I've been reading up on all the tactics and terminology I can in order to shorten my learning curve.

The usual internet mutterings indicate that Bio is still pushing to a release this fall...in one case, a poster on another board claimed to work at a bookstore that was scheduled to stock the strategy guide for it in early October. Would make sense for the game to come out roughly when this guide does, eh? I hope...

I can't say no to this one, I've been a gigantic SW geek since age 4 and the KOTOR games were spectacular. Glad a bunch of you are on board!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure SWTOR won't release until November or December. EA is the publisher for it and BF3, and BF3 is coming out October 25th. It'd be stupid to release SWTOR before BF3, or within a week or two after BF3's release.

Rflagg

Reaction score
I will be playing likely rolling Jedi sentinel, we should provide names and server info when this goes live.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I'd be down to play on a Seahawk Guild, that would actually be pretty dorky and funny. We have random characters named after Seahawks players past and present.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lol. I'll post what server I'm playing on when the game launches, but the guild I'll be in does not allow anyone to join, it's rather private. I'll be Imperial side, so maybe someone should make a Republic Seahawks guild on the same server, or something? :)

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Fudwamper":30l5zayq said:
I'd be down to play on a Seahawk Guild, that would actually be pretty dorky and funny. We have random characters named after Seahawks players past and present.
Dibs on Bozz the Trandoshan bounty hunter! :lol:

Smurf

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1bjpydfn said:
Fudwamper":1bjpydfn said:
Dibs on Bozz the Trandoshan bounty hunter! :lol:

bossk.jpg

His name is Bossk.