Star Wars - The Old Republic - NDA Lifted!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Smurf":csw6obzo said:
SeatownJay":csw6obzo said:
Fudwamper":csw6obzo said:
I'd be down to play on a Seahawk Guild, that would actually be pretty dorky and funny. We have random characters named after Seahawks players past and present.
Dibs on Bozz the Trandoshan bounty hunter! :lol:

bossk.jpg

His name is Bossk.
This is the Old Republic. Bozz is Bossk's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Smurf":3i77t8n3 said:
SeatownJay":3i77t8n3 said:
Fudwamper":3i77t8n3 said:
I'd be down to play on a Seahawk Guild, that would actually be pretty dorky and funny. We have random characters named after Seahawks players past and present.
Dibs on Bozz the Trandoshan bounty hunter! :lol:

bossk.jpg

His name is Bossk.

Joke comprehension fail.

(+1 to Jay's joke, though.)

TestMo1337

Reaction score
First of all, a lot has been made about the new “fourth pillar” of story telling. Is it really all they are making it out to be? In my personal opinion, yes, it really is a big deal and let me tell you why. In the short time I’ve been playing SW:TOR I have already given more thought to my character than I ever did in all the years I played WOW. I’ve had to make hard choices with my Bounty Hunter that have made me honestly think about who he is and what he’s like. At first I intended to play him as a real asshole but some of the moral quagmires these quests put you in just aren’t that black and white. Do I do what gets me the most credits? Do I stay loyal to the person who gave me the job even it means hurting Innocent people? As a result of all this I have a character that is a hard ass bounty hunter who has a soft spot for people in trouble and children. The only thing I could tell you about my WOW character Dudefella is that he was a mage and a hell of a good dancer.

Of course all MMO’s now are going to have you taking quests but I think the big difference here is that I tend to care more about these quests. I will admit I am not a quest reader when I play an MMO. I click and click until it’s accepted and then read the breakdown on my way out to wherever the wolf bladders are. Playing a class in SW:TOR is like playing a single player Bioware game. People are talking to you and you’re deciding how to respond and making dialog choices. Turning the quests into an interactive experience makes me care a lot more about them. A quest is still a chance to get XP, money and loot but it’s also an opportunity to advance your character towards the dark or light side based on your decisions. In most MMO’s taking quests is what you do so that you can go play. In SW:TOR, taking quests is playing.
A nice little mini-oped about SW:TOR from "Gabe" @ Penny Arcade.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, I was highly pleased to read that. More hopeful for the game to be awesome than ever before.

Ugh, I can't wait for that flippin' game to come out.

six sigma

Reaction score
I did this morning; pre-ordered the standard version from Amazon. The redemption code activated right away, too.

Between this and BF3 I'm not going to need any other games for quite some time.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Too bad, you've got more awesome games to purchase, anyways. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is coming out in November, and Mass Effect 3 is coming out next March. It's like, the greatest 6-month game release time frame in history. Seriously. I'm McLovin' it. :D

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I'm playing, got my collectors edition pre-ordered. Pretty darn stoked.

I'm a leader of a large republic guild if anyone's looking for a whom. Would love more hawks fans.

www.Championsoftheforce.com

head to our forums to apply.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
My buddy in Portland got a beta invite.... what a ****! I signed up for beta like 2 yrs ago and still have yet to get mine. I had the opportunity to go to his place and roll a Bounty Hunter and play for about 3 hrs. Man what a great game so far. He has a badass rig so all settings maxed, beautiful stuff. The install is 30 gigs, and there are over 200 hrs of dialog alone. The immersion into the game is incredible, you end up giving a shit about what you do and how you do it.

Bioware is master at the story, and it is present in this game. I can't wait to play. From what I hear the developers are taking a note from Blizzard and making the game look great but still able to be played on lower end systems which is what tends to kill many MMO's is performance issues. Who knows how well the servers will perform once they ramp up beta but I believe the devs have the money to do what needs to be done to make this game a great experience. Count me in for a .net guild if you guys want to throw something like that together.

BallHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know about the extras in the collector's edition? In particular the exclusive vendor. Trying to decide if it's going to be worth the $150.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nobody knows what the exclusive vendor will have. Aren't all the collector's editions sold out already, though?

Also, I've got a weekend beta invite for this weekend. Can't wait to get home Friday night and play with almost no sleep through Monday night. ;)

BallHawk

Reaction score
I actually went ahead and bought it. Turns out I had some Best Buy reward zone certificates laying around about to expire and that knocked the price down to $85. And I don't think they were sold out. At least not through best buy anyway since my order went through with no problems. Nice on the beta invite btw. Let me know how it goes.

I signed up for beta seems like ages ago. 2 years I think. I've been in the process of rebuilding my comp and will probably have it finished in time for the game to come out although I could run it now if I had to. Just got my Radeon 6950 2gb pci card in today. Can't wait to put it in.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, my site registration date for my main account (I have two, one I registered the first week on in the middle of '09 and a main one I registered later) is January 2010.