Star Wars - The Old Republic - NDA Lifted!

Snohomie

Reaction score
AshamanMat":394qmlr6 said:
Ive been so busy playing Skyrim and BF3 I havent had much time to read up on this, from what I see so far it looks good, tons better then Galaxies which I beta tested. I wonder if this will be worth picking up, the wife is going out of the country for 2 months to visit her sick sister so Im going to need something to do Jan-Feb.

How polished is the crafting

I liked SWG and I expect very few similarities. I'm like you but I spent a fair bit of time the past few days looking stuff up, I don't know a lot but it seems a very different game from SWG.

Thanks for the info, Roland. I've been watching some PvP videos (I don't like raids, I don't usually enjoy leveling (keeping an open mind for this game) I won't craft in this game... I explore and I PvP), honestly the Sage looks kind of boring. Perhaps it's because it takes people longer to kill eachother, idk. But the Sentinel looks pretty sweet and both Smuggler progressions look cool as well (I'm rolling Republic for my main).

AshamanMat

Reaction score
I read somewhere that if you preorder you get to start on the 13th? is that true? if thats the case then the game comes out tomorrow not next week

Galen96

Reaction score
If you pre-order NOW, you probably start on the 15th. and it is nothing at all like SWG... except lightsabers and blasters.

Honestly, if you want a sandbox then you better wait for Arche Age. But SWG is pretty smooth coming out of the gate.. It will keep you busy for a while if you can manage to stay interested.

Roland, I pre-ordered, so I'll roll that server.

AshamanMat

Reaction score
So why do they say the game comes out on the 20th when in fact it comes out on the 15th... :)

AshamanMat

Reaction score
Yeah I was jsut reading somemore, looks like they are giving access out to people in groups of when you preordered. As I havent preordered mine yet Im sure they wont release it for us till the 20th, kind of a stupid way to release a game if you ask me, only let some people start playing early but not others. So when the mass of people start playing you will have hard core players near max level already, makes a pvp server pointless

Galen96

Reaction score
Dietrich, you should recieve your invite today (14th) They covered july on the 13th through 4 waves... the majority of ALL presales were between July 21 and Aug 1. So there is a huge group between those 2 dates. then second day should include all of august and some of september/october if I'm understanding correctly.

Donk70

Reaction score
So I ordered the game and got a early access code from Amazon. I'll try to get on this weekend.

Are their any plans for us .netters to meet up on a server or something?

AshamanMat

Reaction score
I just dont like the idea of having people getting a few days head start on others, that will discourage people from rolling on a pvp server that has people 20-30 levels higher then them. Then again Im sure they will have new servers coming out so they could just roll there

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
45 new servers popped today, shouldn't be a prob. I've read all pre-orders in by Fri, we'll see.

-SH

six sigma

Reaction score
Got in on the 13th, been playing as much as my Family Guy status allows. Got my Gunslinger to level 13 so far, NEED MOAR DPS.

Game has been very smooth so far and I love it. Queue times on my preferred server (Jekk Jekk Tarr) have been getting higher so I hope more servers will help.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm on it, obviously. I just hit 50 90 minutes ago; first Bounty Hunter 50 on the server. Name's Rolandd. My guild leader, Rain, is the first 50 overall; I'm second. He hit 50 just before me. The 3rd person I leveled with, Termi, is the 3rd 50. We smoked it; powered as quickly as possible, skipped all cutscenes, etc.; only for our first level 50s, though.

Fun times.

Galen96

Reaction score
Well I been taken my time somewhat.. as I basically got in friday night but was busy, saturday was busy all night... oh well. gratz on kickin its ass though! So Sith?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Got to Lvl 10 and got a Lightsaber.

Just left the starting world for my Jedi Knight and now I'm on to the Republic. Playing on the same server as Snohomie.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Really, Bioware?

You can't possibly schedule downtime any other time other than peak? Not going to lie, I had a 10 hour day, did some cleaning, worked out, and wanted to end my night with some SWTOR. Kind of irritated. I get that the servers have to go down, but it's like drafting Aaron Curry - presented with several suboptimal choices, you picked the worst one possible. Not going to lie, I think Bioware has a lot to learn about running an MMO, but they seem to have done a nice job making it.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
To be fair, this time it was prepping for midnight (official) launch on the East coast. From now on scheduled maintenance will be Tuesdays in the wee hours.
I've been having fun though. Lvl21 IA on daragon trail. Banged a Sith Lord on Balmorra, hehe.

-SH

Snohomie

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not truly upset, but you couldn't prep for the midnight release earlier in the day and just flip the switch? That's what they did in RIFT, as I recall.

Digging my Jedi Shadow. Been playing quite a bit w/ Sammy on Zaabral. Only problem is that Sammy jumps to the target and practically kills him while I am still running to join the battle :)