Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I got no problem admitting it. At that first game back, when the crowd yells "SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-PERSONICS", I'm going to cry like a little baby.

I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
SeaTown81":35bb5wq3 said:
when the crowd yells "SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-PERSONICS"

That's all I hear in my head, been like that all day. I hear that chant, love it. Really stuck in there.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3kjjhepg said:
I got no problem admitting it. At that first game back, when the crowd yells "SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-PERSONICS", I'm going to cry like a little baby.

I actually teared up today as I read the news in the paper. It's really amazing the power these things have over you.

Shaz

Reaction score
I was in Iraq when the Supes were stolen, that was one of the hardest things to come home and realize you don't have your favorite sports team anymore

Tore me up

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1oo8pdhy said:
SeaTown81":1oo8pdhy said:

I actually teared up today as I read the news in the paper. It's really amazing the power these things have over you.

Judging from almost every post I've ever seen from you Dom, I think we need to change your moniker from Capt'n Dom to Capt'n BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHZZZZ-kill! :mrgreen:

SeaTown81

Reaction score
As if we needed any more confirmation that Chris Hansen is the coolest dude ever. From his letter today thanking the fans for their support:

And on that note, I would personally like to buy you all a beer at FX McRory's this Thursday from 5-7. First beer for everyone is on me.

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/to-all- ... upporters1

If anything, it should be US buying him a beer!

This guy is already my favorite owner in this city, and he doesn't even own a team yet.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
BlueThunder":28dnjcqd said:
Tech Worlds":28dnjcqd said:
SeaTown81":28dnjcqd said:

Judging from almost every post I've ever seen from you Dom, I think we need to change your moniker from Capt'n Dom to Capt'n BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHZZZZ-kill! :mrgreen:

What does that have to do with my emotions regarding this event? I didn't think stating that I was emotional when reading the news was a buzzkill at all.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He's a Sonics super fan, something about him makes it seem like he doesn't see himself different from anyone of us and that's hella cool.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SeaTown81":djoxd7wa said:
As if we needed any more confirmation that Chris Hansen is the coolest dude ever. From his letter today thanking the fans for their support:

And on that note, I would personally like to buy you all a beer at FX McRory's this Thursday from 5-7. First beer for everyone is on me.

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/to-all- ... upporters1

If anything, it should be US buying him a beer!

This guy is already my favorite owner in this city, and he doesn't even own a team yet.

That is awesome right there! Hansen is the man!

JOz56

Reaction score
And the Mariners just continue to disappoint and piss people off:

Aaron Levine‏@AaronQ13Fox

Letter from SODO maritime/business groups including #Mariners: "We believe the MOU’s pre-selection (of SODO arena site) will prejudice...

...the thoroughness and credibility of the EIS’ alternative site location, will taint its adequacy... ...

and constitutes an impermissible “action” taken without SEPA review."

#Mariners say they signed on as members of the broader coalition, and that Dave Gering and Jordan Royer have taken lead on the issue.

I was all set to say whatever to these clowns and root for the players, but the front office just continues to make that impossible

chris98251

Reaction score
Someone should fly over Safeco and drop a plane cargo hold worth of a buinch of those small spongey basketballs during a game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
That is the final straw for me. The mariners, I am thru with them.

They are typical Seattle. They epitimize all that is bad about this city. A typical can't do attitude that permeates government and a resistance to change that flows through its citizens. Satisfied with the status quo and fearful of an uncertain future.

Seattle Mariners... You are all that I hate about the city I love so much.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Mariners could go to the world series and I won't care, count me out as a supporter, I feel bad for the players that have to play within that crap organization, hope one day they find their ways out of it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I'm glad Hansen is doing what he is doing, but the gloating the City is doing makes me sick, getting Hansen to fork over another 47 million and pay for partial renovation of the Key in addition to what he will do with it as a temperary home for the Sonics and the 40 million for traffic and to read an artical by the port saying we appreciate it but we can't see 40 million doing anything for improvements.

I don't see anyone else contributing anything, they SAY the port and others are suppose to put money into this fund, I guess we will see.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Mariners backstabbing the hand that feeds them is gonna comeback and haunt them, not all Baseball fans are Basketball fans, nor are they all Hockey fans, but I would wager a larger percentage are fans of either sport or both. The Mariners will again at some point ask for money from all of us and the City for renovations :) How do you think they will respond to saying well Hansen ponied up 65 percent or more plus we want a fund set aside for area improvement.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
JOz56":splmnfeo said:
And the Mariners just continue to disappoint and piss people off:

Letter from SODO maritime/business groups including #Mariners: "We believe the MOU’s pre-selection (of SODO arena site) will prejudice...

...the thoroughness and credibility of the EIS’ alternative site location, will taint its adequacy... ...

and constitutes an impermissible “action” taken without SEPA review."

#Mariners say they signed on as members of the broader coalition, and that Dave Gering and Jordan Royer have taken lead on the issue.

I was all set to say whatever to these clowns and root for the players, but the front office just continues to make that impossible

Can we please get a new local ownership for the Mariners too? I mean this is unreal for them to do this.