Can the Hawks afford Irvin to be a project?

morgulon1

Reaction score
But he could play a position that we werent really looking to draft. He might fit New England to a tee but would struggle in our system. I personally think it's early to start worrying , but feel free.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
morgulon1":2bghmibt said:
But he could play a position that we werent really looking to draft. He might fit New England to a tee but would struggle in our system. I personally think it's early to start worrying , but feel free.
Definitely a good point. And yeah, I said it was too early to dismiss Irvin, WAY too early.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hopefully Irvin continues to play at this level or better. We've definitely gotten to see at times what they saw they wanted when he was drafted. That ankle sack on Newton from behind was incredible.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like much of a project to me anymore. He has been great so far for us.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather have Curry than Bruce, 4.5 sacks for a rookie in 5 games is child's play.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":305tzpbo said:
Here's one thing I do know......I'm watching the Patriots for the 2nd week in a row and for the 2nd week in a row Chandler Jones is absolutely tearing it up for N.E. IF Irvin ends up a bust (and I capitalized the word "IF" because I agree with most here that it is WAY too early to say one way or another.....I think we need to see 2 YEARS from the guy first) and Jones continues to be as good as he's shown so far (likely to my eyes) we're all going to be lamenting not taking Jones with the pick. Dude looks like a Pro-Bowl selection to me.
Oh, and the AZ defense is REALLY as good as they looked against our team last week. They're shuttingh down NE.

Who looks stupid now? Huh? WHO LOOKS STUPID NOW!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:

MrCarey

Reaction score
No longer a project. He already has more sacks than some of the top DEs in the league. He is the TRUTH. Shut up about him and enjoy.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: I'd rather have Curry than Bruce, 4.5 sacks for a rookie in 5 games is child's play. :sarcasm_off:

Fixed it for ya.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":35xnj7ne said:
:sarcasm_on: I'd rather have Curry than Bruce, 4.5 sacks for a rookie in 5 games is child's play. :sarcasm_off:

Fixed it for ya.

Fixed it for ya.

EDIT: My joke was ruined when BobcatHawk recognized his error. Great.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Carpenter, Unger, and Irvin are all great examples on this team of people giving up too quick on players.

Glad the coaching staff is more patient than .net

olyfan63

Reaction score
Golden Tate is a project too, who is finally starting to pay some real dividends. Dude is looking like a football player.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
jkitsune":11284hnh said:
Carpenter, Unger, and Irvin are all great examples on this team of people giving up too quick on players.

Glad the coaching staff is more patient than .net
Can we throw our rookie starting QB in there as well?