so this is what respect is

suppaball

Reaction score
The other day I am standing in the checkout line in my local Nor-Cal Wal-Mart wearing my Peterson stitched jersey. When a Cowboys fan walks by, he stops dead in his tracks and says to me "Man it's a shame what you did to my boys, you got a good team there in Seattle. Best of luck to you the rest of the season." I said to him "Don't worry the Cowboys are a good team too you'll be fine." In the past I would have said "Yea thats right F#@k your Cowboys." but it was the first time another teams fan gave our Hawks respect so I was nice about it.

It made me feel good to be a Seahawks fan in a foreign state, it was a first, normally opposing fans laugh at our Hawks but this total stranger made a point to say we were good instead of calling us Seachickens. I like that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good story, but I don't get the respect thing here in the NW. Other fans and the media give respect to winners, we haven't won anything. Therefore respect isn't deserved or warranted.

We'll never be on MNF more than once, or dominate the top of Sportscenter (for other than touchdownception calls) until we simply win.

OP
OP
suppaball

suppaball

Reaction score
I live in 49er Raider land an hour out of the Bay Area and this dude made a point to give props to Seattle that never happens. Even When I lived in the Tri-Cities people would still talk shiznit about our Hawks. That was 15 months ago.

Like I stated I live in Northern Cali.

OP
OP
suppaball

suppaball

Reaction score
I wouldn't know about that haven't touched that stuff in 15 years, but thats what I have heard. Thank goodness I haven't had the displeasure of meeting the sub-speicies known as tweeker in this area.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
Been getting props on them after that greenbay game... and not for winning but having a great defense. Everyone is like you guys will go far in the near future.

OP
OP
suppaball

suppaball

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":3snlumsf said:
Been getting props on them after that greenbay game... and not for winning but having a great defense. Everyone is like you guys will go far in the near future.
Yea I noticed that too.

OP
OP
suppaball

suppaball

Reaction score
The Radish":3kmhzejy said:
Tech Worlds":3kmhzejy said:
I call bs on the op.

Never ever have I heard anywhere of a cowboy fan being respectful.

Never.

Well unless you're talking bull.

:les:
It blew my mind but it happens. No BS on this it is a true story.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Dug this up from page 525, OP is 8 years old. As a Seahawks fan in Northern CA, I get respect all the time from opposing fans. A lot has changed since our Super Bowl victory.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HagFaithful":3sv9i9a3 said:
Dug this up from page 525, OP is 8 years old. As a Seahawks fan in Northern CA, I get respect all the time from opposing fans. A lot has changed since our Super Bowl victory.

Amen to that!

For some reason my auto-correct changed "Amen" to "X-Men." I see where kindle's loyalties lie!