Time to GET BEHIND Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Largent80

Reaction score
He laid a perfect strike throw that was negated by another STUPID, Ridiculous, penalty by Giacomini.

The guy is doing a great job, the others around him did better today, but some of these guys need to smell pine.

edogg23

Reaction score
VHawk":8sjp5ntz said:
RW made some very good progress in this game.Made some great throws down field kept drives alive and most important he didnt let two interceptions shake his confidence.You have to give credit to a QB that has all that pressure on his shoulders has a couple of turnovers and just gets back in the game and throws a td.You are wrong if you think this kid isn't the future.
Good I hope I am wrong. He did score more points for the Panthers then Cam did.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
He is showing improvement for sure.

Even taller and more experienced QB's will throw interceptions and miss open receivers.

His stats would be even better if it weren't for Giacomini.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2h59dk7y said:
As long as we win I am behind whoever is our QB.

The only agenda i have is the Seahawks winning.

This is the only truth. Sorry English, I like the little guy, but I won't be told who I have to support. Especially in all caps.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, I will say he is showing progress. I like his completion percentage, and seriously, that Lynch interception really should be considered a fumble, not an interception. He also stayed in the pocket a little more, and was able to make some passes on designed rollouts.

He's still not making the plays with his feet that he wowed us with in the preseason. Gasp ! TOTALLY surprised that regular season starters are faster and more assignment correct than random dudes in the preseason. :sarcasm_off:

He's still making reads late or missing them entirely. Even on Fox replays, with the D team announcement crew, they were still picking it up and it was glaringly obvious. Tate gets great separation on crossing routes, Miller was open most of the game, and Rice is going his job well, even with double coverage. That pick 6 was not only a late read, but thrown behind McCoy, who was actually open

He seems to get a bit panicked at times, especially when you put him under pressure.

He is still very hesitant to throw to guys unless they are wide open. Outside of Megatron and Andre Johnson, guys just don't blow coverage away consistently. You have to throw guys open.

These are all average rookie things that are usually worked out. To say he's playing to his draft status (or whatever English said....something about guys drafted in the 1st round outplaying him) is a strange statement. Seriously, so if we drafted him in the 6th round, it would be ok if he sucked ? He's our starter, he needs to play like a starter, because we have a starter on the bench behind him.

A lot of these things were regarded as Flynn's strengths, which I don't get. Maybe he really is hurt, but he doesn't have the arm strength Wilson has, but he finds holes in zones, throws his guys open, reads defenses very well, and makes superb presnap adjusemts, and yes, it was only 2 regular season games, but he showed more than Wilson has in those.

I'm behind whoever starts, but just because we won, to say "hey, get BEHIND our guy, cuz, um, he's good" well, I don't buy it. I'm looking for progression, and I did see it this game. I just hope it continues.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Good progress all around today. Balls were caught and routes were completed. One bad interception, and one that really Lynch should have held onto. It was great to see Miller involved in the offense, and Baldwin looking a bit more like himself. Now they need to build on the foundation laid this week and really bring it against the pats.

I have to say I was very happy when Pete sent Giacomini to the bench after his second penalty. That needs to happen more often IMO. Clean it up.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
hawkmanj":1v2jklw8 said:
He is showing improvement for sure.

Even taller and more experienced QB's will throw interceptions and miss open receivers.

His stats would be even better if it weren't for Giacomini.

See Cam Newton. :mrgreen:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I agree. He had a beautiful throw to Golden called back and then the Lynch pop up for an int should have been positive play.

WellHungSmurf

Reaction score
Must admit I was one wanting to see Flynn in! Not anymore, this bought him 3-4 games with me calling for his head. Entire team looked good. ESP defense! Good job HAWKS

djb28

Reaction score
It was a little off. But the ball was also deflected back in to the defenders hands off Baldwin. The defender looked surprised.

purpleworld

Reaction score
He's learning, he's improving, he's getting better.......and we are 3-2!

Starrman44

Reaction score
I think he is doing fine. If he can keep improving this year and we can get in the playoffs, I will be happy. I like the kid, and when you put it in perspective of other rookie campaigns, it's not bad.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
WellHungSmurf":3g9aaces said:
Must admit I was one wanting to see Flynn in! Not anymore, this bought him 3-4 games with me calling for his head. Entire team looked good. ESP defense! Good job HAWKS
No offense, but this means the problem was never him, it was you. He wasn't that much different than he has been up to now.

cdallan

Reaction score
I'm generally in agreement with Rob here, for 3 reasons:-

1 - the best thing this offense could get right now is a bit of continuity

2 - RW showed some improvement out there today; and

3 - RW's skillset suits PC's approach on offense, given his ability to throw on the rollout.

There are 2 things that need to happen though. We need to try a couple more shots down the field like the throw to Tate - helps keep the safeties honest. And RW needs to stop running trying to get outside the pocket to extend the play when he has made a straight drop and it's not a designed rollout - bad things happen when he does that. The INT on the throw to Lynch was not great play by Lynch, but look at the play again and it's a bad throw thrown at least 2 yards behind Lynch who was running the other way. The best that would have happened was a 5yd gain and Lynch gets levelled, and to get that RW turns his back on the LOS and runs 12 or 15 yds behind the LOS> Ughh.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Wilson was 19/25 for 221 yards, a 8.8 avg. 1TD, 2INT and a 82.3 QBR.

There was some improvement over the last two weeks. He didn't float any passes. But having a better day isn't the same as showing improvement. He was up against a weak defense and one would expect him to have a better day. Opponents have avg'd a 93.0 rtg against the Panthers this year so Wilsons play was below avg.

He finished with a higher rtg. than Luck today, however.

Luck was 31/55 for 362 yards, 6.6 avg. 2 TD 1 INT 81.0 rtg.

vs GB Wilson was 10/21 for 130 yards, 6.2 avg 2 TD 0 INT 99.3 rtg

Had Wilson thrown 55 passes against GB at the pace he was throwing that day, he'd have had 300+ yards passing too. Note Wilson had a much higher rtg than Luck vs the same opponent. So while their stats are much different, it is legitimate to say that Wilson is having as good a year as Luck, just that he's in a different kind of offense.

Which means exactly what we all know it means. He's a rookie. He's going to remain below avg. all year. Even on his good days.

This was a good game for Wilson. He made some mistakes, but he led the team to his second come from behind TD drive. And to his credit, he did it with one of our worst rushing performances to date. Hawks avg'd. 2.8 ypa.

Wilson hit Rice 5 times, Baldwin, Tate and Miller 3 each. He saw his open receivers today a lot more often than in the previous games. He still missed a three touchdown passes. We should have easily been up 20 points in this game.

But hey, if we don't start Breno we are up 20 points in this game too.

By this point in the season, had not Flynn hurt his elbow, I'd say he'd have had a much better game than Wilson did today. Wilson didn't put the game away when he could have on multiple opportunities. But he won and that's what counts.

Seeker

Reaction score
If anyone still want to have flynn play after this game then your a hugh millen level hater that just wants to appear to be "right all along".

Giacomini just took a 50+ yard pass off the board and he still got 200+ yards passing
He threw two picks (on which was an amazing play and more on Lynch than on him) and still had the poise to throw the game winning touchdown when a field goal would not win it. THAT is the key element i was waiting for. There will be time to be the invincible god army we saw in preseason game 3. Call me crazy, but 19/25 is pretty dang good for ANY qb in the NFL. We will have plenty of time for stat padding blowouts when we play the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, and Lions. For now having these tight games (which he is now 2 - 2 on) are crucial. Imagine having a rookie in the superbowl with the game on the line and he has the fully frigid ice water in his veins. That ice water is being chilled in games like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.