Time to GET BEHIND Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf3339

Reaction score
WE played against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and all we could do was a few FG's the whole game. The only TD was off of a fumble recovery by Browner with a short field. I'm glad we won, but I have no misgivings about how our offense played. It just is not impressive to me at all.

This team reminds me of watching MLB games in which you see pitcher battles with final 0-1 scores. It's fun to watch every now and then, but it gets damn boring to see it game after game. That is what we are now and probably the rest of this year.

As for Wilson I made a decision to make no more comments about "Any" of our QB's the rest of this year. It's too polarizing of a topic with too many on this board. So I will talk about the team, and any other position but QB play.

Ultimately, I still see an 8-8 season this year. Nothing I have seen to date is changing that statement for me.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
We looked like a more complete football team today, and I think that was exactly what Carroll wanted to see. I think Wilson's starting to turn the corner in the NFL, and I believe those field goals are going to start turning into 7 soon.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1aehu06w said:
Some of you people make me want to cuss.
That's what the offense did to me most of the game.

pehawk

Reaction score
I saw HUGE strides in the offense today. HUGE PROGRESS.

I saw an offense and QB about to take off. He's made progress EVERY WEEK. Next week RW will hit Tate on the crossing route. Just like this week he found; Baldwin in zone, Sydney over the top and Miller in the seam. He missed those throws last game.

How much of the missed throws commentary is due; all announcing team, fans, websites and us being keyed on pointing it out?

chawkjones

Reaction score
I stand behind RW on the other hand not are "O" and RW is a part of that puzzle, if we get some fine tuning on offense and i mean real fine, the Hawks are going to a real scary team.

pehawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2jyj3pgw said:
Your criticisms of his struggles have been pretty non-existant and its pretty easy to wave the RW flag on the bandwagon after a win.

Because it's so "difficult" to bag on the offense and Russell Wilson? That's not the easiest thing to do?

Yeah....

purpleworld

Reaction score
Luck: 2-2
RG III: 2-3
Tannehill: 2-3
Weeden: 0-5
Wilson: 3-2

Just win, baby!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
It's true, the Breno idiocy cost Wilson a lot of yards. I don't know how the rating system would work that, but I'm thinking he was nearly avg. vs Carolina so had that play stood, he would have been avg. or above. That's improvement I can get behind. Even if I still think Flynn would have done better. At this point, it's moot.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1qnar5qa said:
Sorry, not buying the drivel you are selling. A horrible pick six and failing to get in the end zone on 3 Red Zone drives says you are incorrect. That is NOT to say bring Flynn in. But to jut stick your head in the sand and say Wilson was great....phhht. no thanks.

Sorry - I'm too busy enjoying this great win and an improved performance from our rookie QB to be that concerned with the moaniest, whiniest contributor on the forum saying my post is drivel. As Russell Wilson says - "Go Hawks".

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":30h170cb said:
The guy is 3-2 as a rookie starter, former third round pick. Is he perfect? Absolutely not. Is he doing better than most other rookie QB's, especially considering he's not the storied #1 overall or top-5 pick who is expected to be great? Absolutely yes. Yeah that pick six was pretty bad but guess what - there are veteran QB's all over the NFL throwing similar passes and getting caught. His second pick was a freak event, the way Lynch juggled it into the air.

That's not an easy place to go and he went 19-25 for 221 yards and a completion percentage of 76.0%. That was progress out there today.

Wilson isn't anywhere close to being the finished article but we've made our bed now. Instead of using a revolving door at QB it's time for these coaches to invest their faith in a guy they've selected. And that means us as fans letting this one ride for a while. He shouldn't have to beat the Pats next week to avoid questions. Look at the schedule and tell me this isn't going to get easier - especially with the home games at the back end. We've had a rock solid start with Green Bay, Dallas, Carolina - and the two supposed 'easier' games have come against opponents from what is suddenly the toughest division in the NFC.

We should be happy with 3-2.

not going to hate on the kid but, well...no man. the plan is to give this rook a year (at least) before commiting anything with RW. that said, he was ok today, but with lots of reminders he has a ways to go.

yes, still think our season starter should be Flynn while rook gets things together w clipboard.

good win today though! yay

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2cjyckgq said:
Your criticisms of his struggles have been pretty non-existant and its pretty easy to wave the RW flag on the bandwagon after a win

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/instant-re ... n-st-louis

"The concern I have with Wilson is a pretty big one. In four starts so far he has really struggled to sit in the pocket and make plays. On the penultimate drive he had pretty good protection on third down, but still panicked too quickly and left the pocket. He was sacked scrambling around trying to find space to throw.

Time and time again he’s leaving the pocket too quickly. If Wilson is ever going to make it as a long term starter, he has to be able to sit in the pocket and make reads. Right now he simply isn’t doing that. I’m not sure whether replacing him is the answer because you might end up switching one issue for another. For every play Wilson gets panicky and leaves the pocket, there’s a play where his superior mobility is a factor. It’s harsh to judge a rookie too early but I think we’re moving into the territory now where we don’t assume Wilson is the answer. For me, the Seahawks have made their bed and need to keep rolling with the guy and hope he improves. But for the first time this season the thought of going back to scouting quarterbacks crossed my mind."

I'll take the higher ground and not end with 'get bent'.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2yma7mh6 said:
As long as we win I am behind whoever is our QB.

The only agenda i have is the Seahawks winning.

Yep, this is how I feel.

pehawk

Reaction score
I dont get any of the doubt. I maybe SOOOO wrong, but I've seen progress EVERY WEEK. Every week adding throws and eliminating mental errors.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I was glad to see him step up and fire it with some velocity. He has a good arm and needs to use it. He is improving and we still will have our share of growing pains with him.

Larry0293

Reaction score
purpleworld":305f3ig6 said:
Luck: 2-2
RG III: 2-3
Tannehill: 2-3
Weeden: 0-5
Wilson: 3-2

Just win, baby!

bout says it!! Besides I bought a wilson jersey!! ;)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I will concede one thing.... 'drivel' was a poor choice of word on my part, and I offer my apology to English for spewing that kind of negativity.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
pehawk":dqhqtf2v said:
bestfightstory":dqhqtf2v said:
Your criticisms of his struggles have been pretty non-existant and its pretty easy to wave the RW flag on the bandwagon after a win.

Because it's so "difficult" to bag on the offense and Russell Wilson? That's not the easiest thing to do?

Yeah....

This is just bitterness from BFS about the Hawks not getting Ponder.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":vbvl325v said:
Jazzhawk":vbvl325v said:
Sorry, not buying the drivel you are selling. A horrible pick six and failing to get in the end zone on 3 Red Zone drives says you are incorrect. That is NOT to say bring Flynn in. But to jut stick your head in the sand and say Wilson was great....phhht. no thanks.

Sorry - I'm too busy enjoying this great win and an improved performance from our rookie QB to be that concerned with the moaniest, whiniest contributor on the forum saying my post is drivel. As Russell Wilson says - "Go Hawks".

Exactly. He's a rookie who knows that he is making mistakes. He's working his a$$ off to get better every week, and because of his work ethic he's shown improvement over the course of this young season thus far. Things are only going to get better with this kid. And remember, the W is all that matters.

endzorn

Reaction score
redeye81":31q7lz30 said:
Your WITH this team or you NOT..

You decide.. yea Pete and the coaches are CLEAR... RW is best option for us..

Get out of the way or behind us..

YEAH! All your haters is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.