The Pats are likely to neutralize our defense.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle will need to look like the Green Bay/Carolina games on defense and the Dallas second half on offense in order to beat the Patriots. The Hoodie will try to dink-and-dunk us to death in order to neutralize our pass rush, and he has the QB to do it, so we'll just have to shorten the clock and answer their drives. We've definitely got a chance, but that's the formula.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":zsazmkqw said:
*snip*

In contrast, the Seahawks defense ...
Has given up the 4th fewest yards (1103)
Is tied with Detroit for the 9th fewest Passing Yards/Game given up (213.0)
Is ranked #2 in fewest Rushing Yards/Game allowed [62.8]
and is 2nd in fewest points allowed (58, which is only 2 points -- our safety today -- behind Houston for a share of the #1 Spot).

Houston plays tonight, so Seattle might move into the #1 scoring position by the end of the night.

I also agree with Montana above. The Patriots are going to put up a couple scores on our defense, even at home. I don't think they're going to get to their normal 30 spot, but we are going to need the offense to show up and keep Brady off the field. Also, we're going to face our stiffest test in the run game as Ridley and Bolden are apparently capable of insane games.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think the Hawks need to play the "keep away" game. Executing and getting first downs. Move the ball slowly and POUND Lynch. Don't give up on that run. If it means Wilson has a few designed runs, so be it, but keep the game close and get Brady pressured. Brady won't wuss out, but he will throw the ball into coverage under pressure.

I say beat down on Brady also, make him work for everything.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think that the defense can play well against the Pats, but it will be hard to keep them under 20 points. Will the offense be able to keep the hawks in the game? I have my doubts

salamander

Reaction score
The pats tend to struggle against teams with a good pass rush and Brady is not a mobile QB.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Just a couple things that stick out in my mind with this upcoming game. Last year, Brady had a horrific game against the Bills. I believe he threw 4 interceptions and the Bills ended up winning. One of the biggest upsets last season. The Patriots use the no huddle offense quite a bit. Since this game is at the Clink, I think it will be down right impossible for them to run it with how loud we are.

Largent80

Reaction score
I am quite sure the Patsies are dreading coming to Seattle to face #12 and the 11+ on that defense. Yeah, they will watch film and try to exploit whatever weaknesses they think they see, but whatever they draw up, they still must execute.

Hopefully the Hawks can do what they did yesterday on 3rd down, on BOTH sides of the ball.

bingotown

Reaction score
Here is how I see it.

QB's - advantage Pats
RB's- advantage Seahawks
Receivers & TE's - advantage pats
O line- wash
D line - Seahawks
Linebackers - Seahawks
Corners - Seahawks
Coaching - Pats

With the experience of Brady he will eat away the middle of the field with the big TE's.
This will do two things, 1: move the ball down the field and 2: eat up the clock. I am predicting it will be quick drops and get rid of the ball. Thus no time to get to him. Three sacks at most. They saw what we did to GB and they will learn from the mistakes GB made in the first half. Once NE gets 10 points on the board and RW has to play from behind and play catch up, it's done. I would love to see a pure dominating performance from our D but I Wouldn't bet on it. They will be on the field for too long and become tired like GB did to them in the 2nd half of that game.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I was nervous about the Green Bay game but I remember seeing a stat about Green Bay's schedule last year that seemed anecdotal at the time but now I'm thinking was pretty damn solid proof the Pack are a bit of a mirage. Green Bay didn't play one top 10 defense in 2011, they amassed all those stats and wins against lower tier defenses. I'm wondering if that is the same for Tom Brady and company this season.

I still give the Pat's a little benefit of the doubt as they were in the Superbowl last season, and played almost well enough to win, but I would be way more worried about playing the Texans. Plus, we're at home, it's uphill for other teams to win here. I can see Seattle losing but seeing them winning doesn't seem far fetched.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Brady's already played Arizona and Baltimore (gives up a lot of yards but not points).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
oasis":e8smh02a said:
Unfortunately, I would say the Pats and broncos are the only offenses in my opinion that can beat our D handily. Our D is designed with big DB's to overpower the downfield threats of the NFL. But with teams that specialize in short-game efficiency, I feel they can pick us apart. Remember the preseason game when Peyton Manning had those drives where he was able to move downfield at will? It's the same concept.

Therefore, I would say
-we are heavy underdogs next week, even at home
-the only way we can beat them is in either a shootout, or in playing "keep-away" or whatever you call it when we try to keep the ball away...

Totally disagree. The Pat's offense is the same spread offense that the Packers run, with similar amazing QB's.

Our DB's are the EXACT TYPE of DB's you want to stop the spread attack of the Patriots. Spread offenses are predicated on timing and mismatches. Our defense is perfect for disrupting spread offenses. On top of that we have the best run defense in the league, so everyone peeing all over the Pats new found run game can forget that nonsense on Sunday.

This game will be lost or won with our offense scoring. If we lose, it'll be a 10-3 or 16-10 type score where once again we couldn't generate enough offense.

canzag

Reaction score
I think the Hawks are going to play 3 safetys alot vs the Pats.Johnson is a key guy vs the Pats.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2v4ai4rd said:
Seattle will need to look like the Green Bay/Carolina games on defense and the Dallas second half on offense in order to beat the Patriots. The Hoodie will try to dink-and-dunk us to death in order to neutralize our pass rush, and he has the QB to do it, so we'll just have to shorten the clock and answer their drives. We've definitely got a chance, but that's the formula.
I concur.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2euubnuu said:
kearly is cool with us losing.

For some reason.

To be fair to him, the 2nd half of our schedule seems to be much easier than the first half. So a 3-4 start doesn't mean the team is out of contention. They could still rattle off 6 or 7 wins in their last 9.

That said, beating the Patriots would be a huge win. 4-2 going into a short week matchup against (IMO) the best team in football right now.

On paper the Seahawks should be a contender in the NFC, this game will reveal a lot about the 2012 Seattle Seahawks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If the current stats hold up, pending the outcome of tonight's Texans/Jets game, then it will the #1 total offense going against #1 total defense.

Twisted

Reaction score
oasis":2p9t22w5 said:
The Pats are likely to neutralize our defense.

Seattle's D is most likely going to neutralize the Pats, should be a game then right? and Brady might not last the entire game... ;)

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":29ib6mv4 said:

Yeah. I think Pete is gameplanning this is exact formula.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I was honestly more worried about the Packer's offense than the Patriots and our D calmed my fears. I'm not going to worry about this weekend until I have to based on results.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see Brady have an empty backfield for at least a couple entire drives and running no huddle. I remember him doing it a few times against tough defenses like Pittsburgh and Baltimore and using Gronk/Hernandez like crazy.

lukerguy

Reaction score
If you look at the teams who have beat the Patriots in the past, one thing they've all had in common are physical Ds with good pass rush.

That's how the Cards beat the min Foxboro...

Ravens, Steelers, Giants

We'll have a shot as long as we can put 3 TDs on the board.