Official apology to Brandon Browner.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Dear Brandon,

I'm sorry that I continually doubted you. I'm sorry that I wouldn't believe that you weren't just a somewhat above average corner getting lucky.

What you did today was real special, Brandon. I'm proud to have you on this team.

Yours,
Jesse

Seeker

Reaction score
lol @ "yours"

im just messing with you. dude i've been there. i remember i stated a wilson benching in the green bay game right before "the drive".

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I've held some caution with Browner as well. I'm ready to shed that now though, dude is a baller and we're lucky to have him.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Stud.

Browner,Ryan - anyone else the CFL sends our way we'll be happy to have em.

Knowing what Pete wants at that Leo position, I'm guessing if he had been the coach 1 season earlier Cam Wake would be a Hawk as well (the guy was a couple hours north of us and Ruskell doesn't even kick the tires).

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I've never really understood how the guy had so many doubters to begin with. He's been pretty great since day 1 imo, especially where we were coming from. I don't have a problem with any that doubted his talent just was always surprised whenever someone expressed it.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Called from day uno. Great CFLer and has to deal with WRs running full speed at him.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
we better pay the man come this offseason , or he will hold out. we better pay the man good too.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Praise Brandon Browner!

The stop at the 1 yard line, smashing that receiver so he couldn't lean the ball into the endzone. Great play!!

but the one man option destroyer was the one of the more amazing individual plays I have seen in a long while. Closes in on the QB forcing him to pitch, Browner cuts to the pitch man, stops him in his tracks, strips the ball and recovers it.

Mannnnnn

Happy

Reaction score
Shane Falco":xeo6dblo said:
I've never really understood how the guy had so many doubters to begin with. He's been pretty great since day 1 imo, especially where we were coming from. I don't have a problem with any that doubted his talent just was always surprised whenever someone expressed it.

Because when people evaluate Browner's play with traditional metrics for a DB and from crunching numbers they get from pro football reference and football outsiders he looks like a CFL player.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1b574o03 said:
Praise Brandon Browner!

The stop at the 1 yard line, smashing that receiver so he couldn't lean the ball into the endzone. Great play!!

but the one man option destroyer was the one of the more amazing individual plays I have seen in a long while. Closes in on the QB forcing him to pitch, Browner cuts to the pitch man, stops him in his tracks, strips the ball and recovers it.

Mannnnnn

Oh, my, God! I have never seen such a heady play in my life! Wow is this guy cerebral! This reminds me of the 3 for 1 special teams play he had! Amazing amazing dude!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I've been tough on Browner in the past, and even this year, but damn does he play with a chip on his shoulder.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3baddwor said:
Praise Brandon Browner!

Mannnnnn

This is the play that changed my mind. My knock on Browner has never been his ability to jam, it's been his stupid penalties in deep coverage, and I've thought he was a liability for it.

This play reminds me of the play where Deion Branch, after Seneca threw a pick that would have sealed a game vs the Chiefs, ran over to the LB who had picked the ball, stripped it on the sideline, and recovered it himself to keep the drive alive. We ultimately lost that game, and Branch ultimately wasn't a good player for us, but plays like that impress me.

bluengreen

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3ub6svck said:

You don't often see flat out domination like that in the NFL, he was like a bully picking on the little kids (like me) on the playground, stealing their lunch money. You have to love having a guy on the team who isn't afraid to suplex a WR if they get out of line.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
How can any Seahawk fan doubt this guy at this point? I always jump on the Bandwagon of any Seahawk having success, but Browner has been involved with so many crazy turnovers and just plays SO fierce.

In the option defense, he was amazing, in run defense he is amazing and he has proven to be an exceptional corner.

I have had a hard time picking out a player Jersey to buy, but yesterday I was telling the wife that if I could choose one now, it would be BB's. the guy is a FOOTBALL player.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Add my name to the apology list.

I was worried coming into this season that Browner benefited from poor quarterback play last season and that we'd see him struggle after facing Romo and Rodgers early in the season. Holy crap, was I wrong. He's one of those guys who is making me rethink the value of a player. I hated his constant penalties, but his big plays has more than made up for them.

I think Loafoftatupu said it best. BB is straight up a FOOTBALL player. A guy who affects the outcome of a ball game, in a good way.

Latest posts