Seahawks are an undisciplined team

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Seahawks are an undisciplined team
Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:52 am
  • Too many stupid penalties. The penalties may have been less yesterday but the type of penalties committed were unacceptable. This Seahawk team continues to repeatedly make the same mistakes over and over each week. It's the same guys over and over. Breno and Okung on offense. These are mainly boneheaded plays. When are these guys going to learn?
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Re: Seahawks are an undisciplined
Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:53 am
  • Well Breno was benched yesterday, and when he came back, he did not have a penalty the rest of the game.

What else do you want them to do? Carrol IS doing something about it, proving it yesterday by benching his starting RT.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: Seahawks are an undisciplined team
Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 am
  • okung's holding call was a joke
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:56 am
  • Hopefully sooner rather than later. Its embarrassing when we're the ones committing false starts at home. Its embarrassing when big big plays are lost to penalties that were completely uncalled for, like late holds on the opposite side of the field from the ball carrier. That said, I can't help but once again feeling like the referees are compensating for something with their phantom hold calls and incredible leniency on Smith. Here's hoping for a little dash of Holmgren style thrown in!
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 am
  • Saying the whole team is undisciplined is a stretch.

Giacomini is. Okung...yeah, but he only had one penalty yesterday and it was a joke.

Sherman certainly isn't undisciplined - he didn't let whiny ass Steve Smith and his antics get the better of him. In fact I think he was awesome just letting that cry baby throw his little temper tantrums because he was frustrated by not being able to get open.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:00 am
  • One of the youngest most aggressive teams in the league. Penalties are sometimes a natural byproduct of that. Theyll learn as they gain more experience (as you can see in Sherman and Browner's games so far this year).
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 am
  • This is a by product of tough, mean smashmouth football. You want mean players that don't back down, then expect higher then normal penalties. It also reflects the lack of discipline on the coaching staff. Watch PC after a winning game. He's running out on the field like a school girl pumping his fist and ripping his gear off like they won their 1st game in 10 years.
    "Improvement" can come from who you play-
    Verndog
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 am
  • The defense can afford to give up more in penalty yardage than our offense. That callback of the perfect throw to Tate resulted in negative 70 (SEVENTY) yards.

This cannot continue.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 am
  • It's an oline getting beat and a RT with an unusually small brain pan.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 am
  • Largent80 wrote:The defense can afford to give up more in penalty yardage than our offense. That callback of the perfect throw to Tate resulted in negative 70 (SEVENTY) yards.

This cannot continue.

Exactly! For the offense to be successful they have to be error free. Yesterday's game should have been a blowout (the defense was solid) yet the stupid penalties and mental errors made it closer. This is going on for several weeks now, not just yesterday. There's where my frustration is. PC is not a disciplinarian (like Belichek, Coughlin, etc). If they play like they did on offense next week (making those same errors), they will lose.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am
  • I think we get it.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 am
  • It's the dead ball fouls that really need to be eliminated/reduced significantly (false starts/illegal formations/delay of game/late hits/personal fouls).

The rest I can live with provided there's a gradual improvement over the season.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 am
  • Verndog wrote:This is a by product of tough, mean smashmouth football. You want mean players that don't back down, then expect higher then normal penalties. It also reflects the lack of discipline on the coaching staff. Watch PC after a winning game. He's running out on the field like a school girl pumping his fist and ripping his gear off like they won their 1st game in 10 years.

Being a tough smash mouth team doesn't explain away stupid drive killing penalties like holding, false starts and illegal motion that seem to rear their ugly head seemingly once per drive.

But you're right, team penalties are in direct relation to the head coach. Holmgren teams always were at the top of least teams penalized, because he himself was tough and disciplined. Carroll's the opposite, loose........which is how his team's play.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:27 am
  • It's kind of nitpicky, but goes to the point of the OP. The referees told our receivers at least 4 times not to spin the ball after a reception and they kept doing it over and over. Sydney was told 3 times AT LEAST and kept doing it. That can be called taunting. It is self-serving and has to stop. It says "look at me!" and not "look at us."
    MOCHawk
    NET Rookie

Re: Seahawks are an undisciplined
Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:48 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:Well Breno was benched yesterday, and when he came back, he did not have a penalty the rest of the game.

What else do you want them to do? Carrol IS doing something about it, proving it yesterday by benching his starting RT.

Listening to Pete's talk on ESPN 710 with Brock & Salk right now....Pete just addressed this very fact. He took Breno out, and Breno palyed disciplined ball after that time. This may be what Pete needs to do from time to time, to keep Breno focused and effective.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:.... stupid penalties and mental errors made it closer. This is going on for several weeks now, not just yesterday.

This has been going on a lot longer then that. Last year we trailed only the record setting Raiders for 2nd worst team in the league in penalties.

It's not changing, and I fully expect it won't with this coaching staff.
    "Improvement" can come from who you play-
    Verndog
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 am
  • MOCHawk wrote:It's kind of nitpicky, but goes to the point of the OP. The referees told our receivers at least 4 times not to spin the ball after a reception and they kept doing it over and over. Sydney was told 3 times AT LEAST and kept doing it. That can be called taunting. It is self-serving and has to stop. It says "look at me!" and not "look at us."

I don't feel like that's nitpicky at all. One of these times that is going to get called and negate a big play. Then what? It needs to be addressed NOW! I feel like a lot of us are okay with these penalties, citing, "its okay, we're smashmouth." No, it's not okay! You can be smashmouth without being an idiot. You can be mean without being a killer. Once every other game, a big penalty, fine. Multiple HUGE penalties that cost us CONSTANTLY... My God, I've NEVER been so frustrated by this. I'm a little more comfortable with the defense making these mistakes, because they can back it up, but it's STILL unacceptable. Chris Clemons is such a great player, but his lift and drive on Newton was uncalled for and cost us the only points our D gave up all game. You're telling me they wouldn't want to take those 3 off their record? I call BS! I read these guys' twitters, and they are proud of what they are doing. Now just freaking do it without losing your head. It's possible. Stop blaming their discipline on the speed of their game.

On offense? DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!!! Breno is officially dead to me. You all keep saying he's the best option so he has to be in there. I think the best option is the guy who doesn't make stupid mistakes that he can avoid. He's becoming a liability. If you add up the penalty yards he's cost us, with the yards from the plays that have come back, in just about 5 quarters of football, he's cost us over 150 yards. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THINKS THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE HE'S NASTY? Give me a break! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Bloodpressure check.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information