Do we need a name?

aku

Reaction score
themunn":1kbi1wr4 said:
Does the 85 Bears defense have a nickname?
Yes
The 85 Bears The Monsters of the Midway
Correction.

I do think "Legion of Boom" is a bit silly. Sounds cartoonish. But the guys in the secondary seem to like it so I guess it's sticking. Maybe it'll get shortened to "The Legion" over time if it really catches on. I like the sound of that better.

For the whole defense, if they eventually earn a nickname, I think it should play on either our isolation or "hawks". Something that other teams couldn't really use. "The Northern Front" maybe? I think "North Face" might have ruined that one though.

I dunno. Checking out wikipedia's list of team nicknames, it's littered with teams that were only good for a year or two. It'd be nice if we could get some real success before adding ourselves to the list. Worth nothing, though, is that nicknames aren't really as spontaneous as we like to think. Plenty of them were created intentionally by some beat writer.

OP
OP
samwize77

samwize77

Reaction score
Who started this thread anyhow?.....dude should be beaten to a pulp for suggesting anything so silly......oh...wait.......lol

hawkfan333

Reaction score
Seatown001":35a6rb89 said:
Am I the only one who cringes at these nicknames? Don't get me wrong I love our D but I feel kind of silly every time I hear the legion of boom used. Maybe it's cause I'm old but I don't think a nickname is deserved until the team has actually achieved something and while I have high hopes for the hawks they haven't achieved a thing yet, so please no more bad nicknames.
No your not the only one i feel the same way and i am not that old lol

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The Tsunami Defense.

We just wash right over them in a sea of blue.

Omahawk

Reaction score
No thanks. Nicknames are stupid. Why does everyone always spend so much time thinking about this? There is about a 1 in 50 chance that I will like any nickname but only about a 1 in 5 chance that I would actually use it, even if I like it. Porkchop Womack is the only one I can think of. The Hawk's Nest. The 12th Man. But those last two aren't really nicknames. Let's not worry about this topic anymore. Please. It doesn't matter if someone comes up with a good one. It will not catch on. Maker my words.

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
The SEA-FENSE defense just like the sign Big Lo uses, because we come in waves

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Wow! That's a real eye opening article about how incredible our defense is. Super Bowl Caliber Defense.

I about spit up my pop when I read this on that article though:

The Seahawks have allowed three passing touchdowns, one of which was to Hekker. The Ravens and Rams have allowed two. The Rams faced Russell Wilson though.

Player A - 63.2% completions, 815 yards, 5 TD, 6 INT, 6.5 YPA, 75.2 QB rating, Sacked 10 times

Player B - 56% completions, 1,053 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT, 6 YPA, 72.4 QB rating, Sacked 16 times

That second line is quarterbacks (and Hekker) that have faced Seattle. Quarterbacks facing Seattle are worse than Russell Wilson, so I guess that other teams should probably bench those guys for Matt Flynn.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Well, if you combine this one and
slargent4ever":e5y9ur4e said:
The Explosive Sea Men.

This one...
seahawkswin1":e5y9ur4e said:
The SEA-FENSE defense just like the sign Big Lo uses, because we come in waves

um, nevermind