Sun., Nov. 11 vs. New York Jets________W______________85%
Sun., Nov. 25 at Miami _______________W _____________60%
Sun., Dec. 2 at Chicago______________L ______________40%
Sun., Dec. 9 vs. Arizona _____________W______________65%
Sun., Dec. 16 at Buffalo (in Toronto) ____W______________60%
Sun., Dec. 23 vs. San Francisco________W______________55%
Sun., Dec. 30 vs. St. Louis____________W______________70%

11-5

What are your predictions and chance of victory opinions?

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Looks good but I think we drop one, possibly to Minnesota or Miami and I think we beat NE this Sunday. So 11-5,10-6

olyryder

Reaction score
I've thought 4-4 at the halfway point would be good from the beginning. I think we'll be there, but realistically it would be hard to go 8-0 or 7-1 the 2nd half. I think we end up 10-6, but thanks to earlier selective losses we NEED to win the remaining 4 division games, if not all remaining NFC opponent games to end up in the playoffs IMO. NFC is strong this year.

10-6

sam1313

Reaction score
Pretty good predictions. I would have to agree that 10-6 or 11-5 are the most likely outcomes. We really need to get to 11 wins to ensure we make it in the playoffs....

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2g17mfcj said:
I hate to ask, but are these percents randomly pulled out of the air?

Are you asking if I'm a Psychic? No, I am not a Psychic.

This is just my analysis of our team, vs. how the remaining teams on our schedule have played. I could see us beating a team like NE at home, and then losing to Det. on the road..However, I think the chance of prediction is a nice addition. Most of them are between 40-65%, so I would say we're in for a bunch of tight game.

I wouldn't have thought this at the beginning of the year, but I definitely think that our easiest game on the schedule remaining is against the Jets.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1m2qz1gm said:

No, he called Ms. Chloe from her jail cell and she gave him all the predictions.

And you accused me of worthless posts in the past?!?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
falcongoggles":xhbga1fl said:
Sarlacc83":xhbga1fl said:

No, he called Ms. Chloe from her jail cell and she gave him all the predictions.

No, you asked why people in the PWR forum thought you were a troll. I enlightened you. I thought that was obvious. Appears not.

Also, I enjoy when people randomly create statistics and then frame in a context which could be taken as meaningful fact. (As in, the percents are why I think the Seahawks will win/lose.) And yes I read the opinions section at the bottom.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3ikst9f2 said:
falcongoggles":3ikst9f2 said:
Sarlacc83":3ikst9f2 said:

No, you asked why people in the PWR forum thought you were a troll. I enlightened you. I thought that was obvious. Appears not.

Also, I enjoy when people randomly create statistics and then frame in a context which could be taken as meaningful fact. (As in, the percents are why I think the Seahawks will win/lose.) And yes I read the opinions section at the bottom.

Was that the tingle I felt in my sack, you enlightening me? If so, I thank you then sir.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2kkr4yge said:
Sarlacc83":2kkr4yge said:
falcongoggles":2kkr4yge said:

Was that the tingle I felt in my sack, you enlightening me? If so, I thank you then sir.

You really should just agree with me here.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Fun thread (and overall) I like both your picks and percentages. So much can happen between 'now and then' but IF we split with SF, I will be more than surprized. Harbaugh has really brought confidence to the team, Smith in particular. SF fans are livin' the best of both worlds now. Singletary implemented a culture of discipline and hard nosed football and Harbaugh has the luxury of playing good cop with Mike's team. They're gonna' be tough to beat and (unfortunately) likely to represent the NFC in the SB. There is always the possibility that they may be so *far out in front that they rest some key players against our tenacious D.

* I do realise the entirety of our division is neck and neck at this time, but I think that will change as the season progresses. IE: How long will Kolb be this version of Kolb? Will Fitzgerald (ever) drop a pass? How long before Bradford and/or Jackson gets hurt? How many games will Okung play and will we eventually start scoring offensive TDs?

Anyway, thanks for creating this thread and I think 10 wins is a realistic goal for this (young) 2012 team.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Here's my predictions.

NEW ENGLAND - LOSS - The Patriots offense is on fire. They have no deep threat but are incredible with the underneath passes which is our weakest pass defense. Unless our LB core has an incredible game we won't be able to score enough points. 17-28

@SAN FRANCISCO - WIN - The 49ers will come into this game after beating NYG on the road and play it soft. Our run defense will stop the run forcing Alex Smith to throw. Although I see two Vernon Davis TDs and a few Akers FGs, I think the Hawks pull this one out. 24-20

@DETROIT - WIN - Detroit has a terrible defense and a lame rushing attack. We shut down Megatron and win this one easily. 31-10

MINNESOTA - LOSS - This to me is a toss up and I don't want to predict a loss on the road. I think both teams simply pound it out and it comes down to a last second field goal. 9-10.

NY JETS - WIN - Jets are awful. We rebound at home. 21-9

@MIAMI - WIN - Miami looks ok, but I think we matchup incredibly with them. This game looks like the Carolina game except I expect our defense to score more than our offense. 24-17

@CHICAGO - LOSS - A few ST scores and the blowout is on early. Two road games and a serious defense. We'll look to refocus after this game. 19-34

ARIZONA - WIN - Pay back. 31-6

@BUFFALO (TORONTO) - WIN - Fitzpatrick looks good in the first half but both sides of the ball show up in the second half for the Hawks and rally to win 21-14

SAN FRANCISCO - WIN - SF is mad and this is probably the best game of the year. Unlikely shootout. 28-27

ST LOUIS - WIN - Let's get ready for the playoffs and try to win the division (we don't). Great year, let's go to the WC round! 21-3

Final 11-5.

aku

Reaction score
If we play the way we just did, I think that's a pretty realistic prediction. How I see it:

Should beat: DET, MIN (home), NYJ, MIA, ARI (home), BUF, STL (home). The ones I marked home would be "could win" if they were on the road, but at the Clink we should be the better team.

Great chance if we play mistake free ball: NE, CHI, SF (home). We've played CHI enough over the past five years that we should know how to gameplan for them, and I think we match up well. I really don't believe they're the better team, but playing on the road makes this tough.

Constant hand wringing: SF (away). Our toughest challenge of the season, IMO. We can't beat them playing the way we have so far. But remove the penalties, and if our offense executes the way it did against Carolina we've got a solid shot. We will absolutely need those chunk plays to count in this game, though.

Edit: The real thing I wanted to say is that, just looking at the "should win" games, that puts us at 10 wins. That would make us strong playoff contenders. In fact, given the apparent equality of the NFCE and NFCN, 10 wins should make us playoff favorites because those guys might very well struggle for 9 wins.

12evanf

Reaction score
I am 80% certain the Hawks will win 100% of the remaining 68% of their games. Take that to the bank.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I think we have a way better chance of beating NE at home than SF on the road.

I believe in the power of the CLink.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2r0hpy6g said:
@SAN FRANCISCO - WIN - The 49ers will come into this game after beating NYG on the road and play it soft. Our run defense will stop the run forcing Alex Smith to throw. Although I see two Vernon Davis TDs and a few Akers FGs, I think the Hawks pull this one out. 24-20

The Niners have the Giants at home, FYI.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
9-7 is most realistic, 10-6 is not unlikely and 11-5 if everything falls into place the rest of the way.

nsport

Reaction score
Looking back to last year and the first 5 this year, this team is in every game. I do believe this year's team is good enough to contend with every team on our schedule - the way the ball bounces could cause a little variance but at the end of the day there will be a lot of losses in this list if the consistency and clarity of play does not improve. No more stupid penalties and finishing plays and games on offense/defense has to be the theme as they trudge through. Realistically I think we have a real shot at 12 wins or even more - but this is the NFL. The better we get, the harder our opponents will play. The question is how many wins does it take to make the post season - usually 10 is a good goal - which means can we get to 11? It's going to take some luck but I'm pretty sure they can do it.