Time to GET BEHIND Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1u9j0nyh said:
Go back to Seahawkblue and stay there please.

But yeah English, it's things like the above that don't really fly. It's just eye-roll material and doesn't need to be fostered.

* Just because others aren't feeling the RW praises yet (Zebulon), doesn't mean they are lesser fans, nor should be made to feel unwelcome.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawkfan1975":3i66jc24 said:
Zebulon Dak":3i66jc24 said:
Go back to Seahawkblue and stay there please.

But yeah English, it's things like the above that don't really fly. It's just eye-roll material and doesn't need to be fostered.

* Just because others aren't feeling the RW praises yet (Zebulon), doesn't mean they are lesser fans, nor should be made to feel unwelcome.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Verndog":1frsnlew said:
Disprove the real comment, not your imaginary comment please.

If you don't mind a suggestion though, verndog you don't need to have some people disprove/prove things left and right, it kind of drags out the fan/fan back and forth (which many here enjoy, that's clear).

But if these same people continually decide to poke and prod others (in this case, screaming at some to blindly coin this QB, who's done so little here, a leader) it's best to ignore most of it and stick to your own guns (because that's usually all it is, baiting for an argument. Trolls calling the Troll, Troll).

pehawk

Reaction score
Can I take a few minutes of everyone's time to talk about the dangers of online bullying?

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Some in this thread have some pretty ugly opinions on the QB situation. As I understand it, and many choose to disagree with and ignore, Flynn has a sore elbow. Do y'all really want him to start with that? IMO, if Flynn was to start, it would probably be a poor decision and he'd get his head torn off or at least aggrevate his arm injury. That may be worth it just to shut some folks up. Why do so many posters demand absolute perfection from any QB, especially a rookie? Flynn is pretty much a rookie as well, do y'all think he would be absolutely perfect? IMO, replacing Wilson with Flynn would just involve different "problems" and wouldn't end up increasing the number of passing yards that so many here are concerned about. PC's run first system has obviously taken away from the passing game, Flynn can't change that.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Verndog":1bu37qgf said:
Scottemojo":1bu37qgf said:
How does one disprove something that is happening in your head? Because that is where Flynn is playing better than Wilson. In the real world, Flynn is a pine jockey.

Are you having trouble keeping up? I've made no statement about what Flynn would do, only what Wilson hasn't. My comment quoted was TJack on paper played better then Wilson up through 5 games last year with a worse Oline, and less production from Lynch for support.

Disprove the real comment, not your imaginary comment please.

Correction, Jackson put up more yardage than Wilson through 5 games, and the "less production from Lynch" is precisely WHY he did. The team was passing a hell of a lot more and running a hell of a lot less. See if you can follow this logic... if you have a lot more pass attempts, you will likely have a lot more yardage, and therefore have a higher ranking when it comes to statistics based on yardage.

And HF1975, the reason I am dug in on this is two primary reasons: 1. I think Wilson is now and will in the future be a better QB than Flynn. 2. I think real game experience is the absolute BEST way for a QB to improve.

I want the Seahawks to win a SB. I want them to win multiple SBs. I want them to be a perennial contender. And I don't think Flynn will get them to any of those goals, but I think Wilson can. Thus, I think any time with Flynn as a starter is completely and utterly wasted.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1vkk8ns8 said:
Bollocks. Flynn has 4 years of bench sitting. Where has Jim Sorgi's long bench sitting behind Manning gotten him?

The best QB in this franchises history did the same sitting.

So did Aaron Rodgers. So have many others. It's easy to name Sorgi and Whitehurst as your example. The fact is, we don't know what we have in Flynn until he plays.

Wilson probably bought himself another 2 games (I wouldn't want to start Flynn on a short week against the best team in football right now) with the performance yesterday. But I still see some very concerning flaws with our offense and he is a big part of that. Hopefully, Wilson continues to trend upwards and plays better against New England and then San Francisco - if he regresses again though, I think you have to take a long hard look at Flynn.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1238kkyr said:
volsunghawk":1238kkyr said:
Bollocks. Flynn has 4 years of bench sitting. Where has Jim Sorgi's long bench sitting behind Manning gotten him?

The best QB in this franchises history did the same sitting.

So did Aaron Rodgers. So have many others. It's easy to name Sorgi and Whitehurst as your example. The fact is, we don't know what we have in Flynn until he plays.

Wilson probably bought himself another 2 games (I wouldn't want to start Flynn on a short week against the best team in football right now) with the performance yesterday. But I still see some very concerning flaws with our offense and he is a big part of that.

Aaron Rodgers was discussed as a potential #1 overall pick, so the talent was obvious. He slipped for whatever reasons (still won't understand that one, except perhaps the Tedford curse), and fell to a team that already had a HoF-caliber QB. THAT is why he sat, and his talent is why he is succeeding now. It's not that sitting on the bench did wonders for him. How did it do for Aaron Brooks, in that same damn system?

How about Flacco, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Stafford, etc.? All of these QBs are doing quite well now, and many of them did pretty damn well in their rookie years. All without absorbing magical QB knowledge through their asses via bench osmosis. :roll:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Matt Flynn wasn't good enough to beat out a rookie drafted in the 3rd round for the starting gig. If Coach doesn't think he gives us a better chance to win than RW then you can be damn sure none of you monkey asses are gonna convince me.

dunceface

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3s9l36ru said:
Matt Flynn wasn't good enough to beat out a rookie drafted in the 3rd round for the starting gig. If Coach doesn't think he gives us a better chance to win than RW then you can be damn sure none of you monkey asses are gonna convince me.
:curious: CHUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3mjn1t2w said:

and now we have RW! Our TD machine!

Guh?

I wonder who next years infatuation will be.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawkfan1975":odis6k7y said:
Zebulon Dak":odis6k7y said:

and now we have RW! Our TD machine!

Guh?

I wonder who next years infatuation will be.

It's gonna be the exact same guys plus a few rookies, troll.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I rather like my agenda: let the kids play ball and let us that enjoy watching them play ball do so without being villainized for it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
"DilFER!...DilFER!...DilFER!..." Would you guys knock if off already? I'm guessing most of you know how long it takes to develope an NFL QB (although I'm starting to question that), so stop playing Madden with ours.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2i3ucewv said:
Bingo. The pro-Flynn crowd is operating on the presumption that they know better than Pete, and Flynn is any sort of improvement. Let's be open to the possibility that Pete has seen what he has in Flynn and has no interest in plugging him in as the starter from this point on.

VHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2dvz3n5w said:

I approve this message.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1vi7ic0z said:

I as well.

Some people in here should look for a nice NFL coaching position or maybe even scout for their favorite team (just hope it's not the Seahawks) when vacancies open up at the end of the year.

uncle fester

Reaction score
If this thread was a science project, it would now be awarded a gold star for achieving perpetual motion.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think Russell Wilson has fewer acolytes than his detractors imagine. I think Flynn has fewer supporters than his detractors image (I am one of his detractors, but like a few on here, was so long before he was a Hawk). I think that a lot of Seahawk fans use the QB situation as a way of either showing their belief in or lack of faith in Pete Carroll's model, style, competition, and leadership. My favorite of the week is that Pete should be demoted to defensive coordinator. *belly laugh*

Status
Not open for further replies.